Spirityfly32 driving me insane

brooza77

Spirityfly32 driving me insane

Post by brooza77 »

Hey all,

I have upgraded my fc to the spiritfly32 (which is assume is the aussie version of Naze32) from the KK2. It arrived quickly and was very keen to see how much better it would be. I have usb connection drama to begin with. It would connect for a while then just disconnect on its own.

I contacted the seller and he said to upgrade firmware which i managed to do. I had a problem before upgrading that it would not save my setting for the flight modes when i set them to my switches, but the upgrade seemed to fix that.

I also purchased a gps for it and this is where my frustration increases. I have plugged it as per the instructions. I have tried to load the profile via coolterm (as described by the seller) and manually using feature gps. In both cases it does not keep the setting. I type 'feature GPS" the cli says GPS Enabled. I type save, says Rebooting the cli ceases to work. so i click on another tab then go back in and type feature only features running (from memory) Vbat and some other but no GPS. One of the profile i tried to load also included telemetry, that never shows up either.

AM i just doing something wrong?? I have contacted the seller a few more times but have not heard back again as yet, he tells me there is nothing wrong with the board. Something tells me something is wrong somewhere, i even setup and old PC (complete new install) with Windows Xp instead of my laptop and windows 7 to make sure it wasn't a usb driver clash, same problem. After reading so many reviews I thought this would be a great board to use but for some reason i cant get it working.

Please can anyone help.???????

Thanks
Bruce

brooza77

Re: Spirityfly32 driving me insane

Post by brooza77 »

Oh also it arms while using my left stick (elevator & rudder) but will not disarm when moving stick in other direction, even after firmware upgrade

waltr

Post by waltr »

Arming/disarming issues are typically an improperly setup TX. You must adjust the TX's stick End Point and Center values for stick commands to properly work.

FirmWare?? I guess that FC is running BaseFlight, is this true?

brooza77

Post by brooza77 »

HI Waltr,

Thanks for the reply ok the arming that makes sense i will have to reset the end point when i get it working, it kept loosing connection. The firmware as i understand it is I was told to short the tabs and load baseflight firmware, then load cleanflight over the top, which i did last night. Then i tried to set gps and it wouldn't save the feature, then the connection closed on its own and i can no longer get it to connect. Coolterm can still connect to board and send txt file but neither baseflight or clean flight will see the board.

All that happens now is when i plug it in lights all flash red then yellow for a bit then blue constant and nothing else happens.

I am considering sedning the board back for the seller to check id rather not (he is getting frustrated with all my emails confimring what im doing is correct, if i can be sorted easily, but i don't know what else to do.

Thanks

brooza77

Post by brooza77 »

I think the board may be dead, i tried to use the boot loader and flash loader and it says this

'No Response from target,the Boot loader can't be started. Please verify the boot mode configuration and the flash protection status, Reset your device then try again'

What is wrong with it, it wont connect to baseflight or clean flight either anymore

Thanks

scrat

Post by scrat »

shorten boot pins and then connect fc to baseflight conf and flash firmware.

waltr

Post by waltr »

brooza77 wrote: Coolterm can still connect to board and send txt file but neither baseflight or clean flight will see the board.

Only one program can have control of the Serial (USB) port at one time. Click disconnect in CololTerm or close it before opening and connecting with BS/CF configurator.

brooza77

Post by brooza77 »

shorten boot pins and then connect fc to baseflight conf and flash firmware

I have done this many times serial port wont open is the message i get.

Only one program can have control of the Serial (USB) port at one time. Click disconnect in CololTerm or close it before opening and connecting with BS/CF configurator.

I had done that but still no good.

I think its dead,

I have ordered a new board from another supplier hopefully it comes today and i can try that out .

Thanks for the replies but it just wont re-connect. Ill hopefully send it back to the supplier for a refund otherwise it will just sit in a drawer

scrat

Post by scrat »

I hope you've bought original Naze32 board.

alb1234

Post by alb1234 »

Just in case anyone else checks this thread with an arming problem, one thing that stopped mine working was not having just the throttle to min and yaw to high.
I had yaw AND roll to min which wont arm it. You have to have only yaw(or roll if you've chosen that in the config.h file) and throttle to high and low respectively. I was so happy i solved it yesterday i made a youtube video going through it if you're still not sure... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKcApDD ... e=youtu.be

Also check that the dont arm when not level is commented out in the config.h file