Naze 32 altitude control problem, Throttle sensitive

trivejb

Naze 32 altitude control problem, Throttle sensitive

Post by trivejb »

My 450 size quad is very throttle sensitive or to better explain it acts like its a YO-YO. I'm running in only Angle mode so baro should not be effecting this. I cannot get it to hover as with a little throttle input it climbs very rapid and if I reduce the throttle it descends very rapidly. You have to be quick to catch it and then it zooms up again. I have tried setting throttle expo among all the rest of the settings without any change. Set everything back to factory defaults but no luck. Pitch and yaw seem OK. Looking at the receiver bar charts the throttle bar moves in proportion to the stick movement so I do not believe it is my transmitter. Anyone had this same problem or any suggestions?

crazyal

Re: Naze 32 altitude control problem, Throttle sensitive

Post by crazyal »

try to adjust throttle mid and throttle expo. Throttle mid should be at the hovering point of your quad

trivejb

Post by trivejb »

Thanks, Will give that a try tomorrow AM.

covert

Post by covert »

How did you go ? I have the exact same problem. Xugon frame with Sunnysky 2216 1250kv @ 4S. I start to throttle up and just as its about to hover it shoots up in the air. It's either climb like hell or fall.

nebbian

Post by nebbian »

I've had similar problems with large (10" props) carbon fibre props. Plastic props didn't have the same issue. No amount of balancing could get the symptoms to go away.

The symptoms showed were that the craft would show very poor throttle control, I would get it in a hover and it would then either start ascending or descending.

You can try lowering your gyro_lpf_filter to 20 or 10 (from 42). Lowering it to 10 really helped me. I've never had to do this with 5" or 6" props.