Need help, PC cant detect Naze32

r4ptor

Need help, PC cant detect Naze32

Post by r4ptor »

Hi!

For a few days now i have tried to connect my naze to the PC and the baseflight GUI to make some adjustments.
Its a newly bought board from multirotorsuperstore (or something).
I have simply soldered the pins to the board and dowloaded the drivers for the CP2102 USB driver and baseflight but they dont seem to be able to connect to each other.

This is what happens:
1. Connect the Naze32 to the computer.
2. Open device manager
3. Naze32 board doesnt show up at all
4. Baseflight cant open a port and times out after 10 sec.

For a while now i have tried to zero in on the problem, i believe its silicon drivers since i cant even see it in the device manager.
So i added it manualy throught action->Add legacy hardware and it was no problem.
Now it shows up but with a yellow triangle, in the properties it say "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

How do i solv this? anyone that know?

timecop

Re: Need help, PC cant detect Naze32

Post by timecop »

uh, do you get USB plugin sound, do the leds blink alternating on startup.

r4ptor

Post by r4ptor »

I do not get a plug in sound.

When i plug in the board it make its litle light show (blue gren and red), after a couple of seconds the light is constand blue, the gren light starts to light if i tilt the bord.
But nothing shows up in the PC.

When i installed the sillicon drivers they didnt show up automaticly in device manager, so i added the USB bridge thing manualy and it said that it use COM3.
Howerver, it says under properties in device manager "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" and when i look in baseflight, hercelus and even putty, no option/connection to COM3 can be made.

dfruehwald

Post by dfruehwald »

Check your USB cable. I had a similar problem with a Flip Pro not being detected and it turned out the USB cable was only good for charging. As soon as I switched to a better cable the board shipped up and I could install the drivers.

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

Try re-flashing the firmware through the flash tool... I've found that some times it does a better job communicating boards. Subsequent connects should be okay.

timecop

Post by timecop »

uh, this has nothing to do with firmware. either shit cable as the guy above said, or USB socket isn't making good contact. If the board is getting power tho, the latter is quite unlikely.

r4ptor

Post by r4ptor »

I have now tried every USB port i have on my PC, the problem is still there.
Unfortenetly i dont have another usb cable with that type of socket the board uses, but if i can use the cable to transfer images from my camera, i dont see why it wouldnt work with the board.

I believe the problem lies with the sillicon USB bridge drivers since the COM port which the drivers create doesnt show up when i install the drivers, therefore i have to manualy add it them in device manager.
Before you ask, yes i have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver a few 100 times by now, the problem is still there. I even went into the register to completly remove it, problem still there.

r4ptor

Post by r4ptor »

Just to clearify what happens.

1. Connect the USB cable to the board
2. Connect the other end of the USB cable to one of my 6 USB ports.
3. The board makes a litle light show
4. nothing else happens

r4ptor

Post by r4ptor »

Im still having issues, can anyone come up with a solution?

I connect the bord, its flashis a bit and then the blue led is constantly on.
When i look in the device manager i cant seam to find the USB to UART driver under "ports". When i manually add it shows up but have a yellow warning marker, saying that it wont start.
I have even complettly wiped my computer now and the first thing i installed was the USB to UART driver, i even tried different driver versions but no luck.

Im running windows 7 64bit but have tried win XP 32bit and it didnt work.

So what can i do to get these damm drivers to work correctly so that my computer will detect the board?

DirtCreature

Post by DirtCreature »

I had this exact same problem.

As others have said: you need a USB cable that supports both power AND data.

Start config program.
Check "auto-connect" if it is not connected.

Do this:
(I'm on Windows 8.1 64 Bit)
Control Panel > Admin Tools > Computer Management > click Device Manager
Do you see "Ports (COM & LPT)"?
No = Plug in USB connected to the board
Your board will light up, cycle through red and green lights, then have a steady blue.
Do you see "Ports (COM & LPT)"?
If no, then you need a new cord with both power and data.
Yes = Did Do you see "Silicon Labs CP2X...." (or something like it). Go back to config program - you might have to select a port and then press connect. It will auto-connect next time.

papalu

Post by papalu »

Hello,

Did any of these things work? what was the problem?