Naze32 + Electrohub + Spektrum Satellite + FPV = ??

Dazz

Naze32 + Electrohub + Spektrum Satellite + FPV = ??

Post by Dazz »

Hey Guys,

I have an FliteTest Electrohub (quad) that I just finished building. I'm using a Naze32 (full) and have my Spektrum Satellite Rx bound and everything works. I just received my Fat Shark Attitude V2 and Head Tracking camera mount. I'd like to setup the mount on the Electrohub with the Naze32, but I'm not sure where to plug in the servos. I only have 4 motors plugged into the Naze32, so I have 2 spots open but not sure if I can use them for this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/295 ... .54.56.jpg

Also when I go into Baseflite and click the Servo tab it says that this model doesn't have Servo settings. I'm sure there is something that I'm missing to enable servos.

Any tips to getting head tracking working with the Naze32 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

timecop

Re: Naze32 + Electrohub + Spektrum Satellite + FPV = ??

Post by timecop »

you can enable gimbal outputs with feature servo_tilt BUT... I don't think that's what you want for headtracker....

Dazz

Post by Dazz »

Thanks timecop.

Yeah, I saw that in the manual, but I don't think that's what I need. Surely someone around here has this same setup and can advise what I need to do. Do I just need to use a normal Spektrum Rx instead of just the Spektrum satellite?

timecop

Post by timecop »

What exactly are you trying to do?
Do you need some channels from your radio to go to servos?
If so, set gimbal_flags=4 (i think?) will foward aux 1..4 to RC pins RC5..RC8.
Then you can hookup those to servo(s).

Dazz

Post by Dazz »

Thanks for the input, timecop.

I had to also enable feature servo_tilt. Once I did that I moved the motors and plugged my servos into S1 & S2. I'm getting S1 (Aux3) to work, but not getting S2 (Aux4).

This is how I have things setup so far:
S1 = Aux3 in baseflight = Aux2 (chan7) on my DX8. This works, but I can't seem to get
S2 = Aux4 in baseflight = Aux3 (chan 8) on the DX8. This isn't working.

If I go into Servo Monitoring menu on my radio I see that my headset is moving the servos (Aux 2 & Aux 3) on screen.

I just noticed that I have serialrx enabled, but not ppm. Do I need to enable PPM as well as serialRX if I'm just using a Spektrum Satellite?

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

The default NAZE32 is 7 channels.
You may upgrade to the new NAZE-PRO-8 to get 8 channels.
Or the NAZE-ULTRAPRO-QQ-18 for 18 channels.

Or i can hack the the actual firmware to 8 channels for only $19.95. Additional channels can be added for $9.95 :lol:

--------------------

Spek has "#define SPEK_MAX_CHANNEL 7" by default in spektrum.c file. Change it to an 8 and recompile.

The reason behind 7 channel limit is that spek will send ONE packet for 7 channels but TWO data packets for 8 channels. I prefer 7 channels, but re-thinking it this limit doesent make sense. Ask TC to up that limit to 8.

Dazz

Post by Dazz »

Are you kidding me? I've been bashing my head in due to this?? Where can I find the source to do this? It's been a long while since I last compiled code and not setup for it currently. If anyone happens to have this already done and willing to share it; I'd be very grateful! This is the only part that's keeping this build out of the air and I wanna fly it!

Dazz

Post by Dazz »

Ok, guys... I've been having problems trying to get this compiled. I'd really love to have the 8th channel enabled for my Spektrum Satellite Rx. Is there anyone that's familiar with this willing to give me a hand, please? :D

goebish

Post by goebish »

Here it is
Attachments
baseflight_NAZE.zip
(82.06 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

Dazz

Post by Dazz »

goebish wrote:Here it is

Thank you very very much. I just installed this and everything appears to be working as expected! Again, thank you very much!