MultiWii PRO Flight Controller - BMP085 - Improvement?

xNuno

MultiWii PRO Flight Controller - BMP085 - Improvement?

Post by xNuno »

Hi,

Sorry to ask this but after a lot of search and seems I'm noob on this world I realy need help from experts...After some tests this is the best I can do with this board until now:

http://youtu.be/FUsm-2WprYU

->Already cover the BMP085 with foam and the hardware is inside a case.
->The controller is fixed with double-sided foam adhesive to avoid vibrations.

1 - It's possible to diretly replace the BMP085 with other?
2 - What can i do to improve the ALTH_HOLD?
3 - Can I use external BARO? If yes how can I do it?

Basicaly I don't want to send the 2 MultiWii PRO Flight Controller I have to the trash...

Best Regards,
Nuno

jmoore3274

Re: MultiWii PRO Flight Controller - BMP085 - Improvement?

Post by jmoore3274 »

I watched your video. Your quad has pretty stable flight. It's adjusting +/- around a foot which isn't bad at all. I use two boards for my quads. The EagleTree vector and the HK Multiiwii pro. I personally think both of the boards are very good. So do not trash your Multiiwii pro boards. The only other thing I can recommend is PID tuning and see if it improves. Personally I wouldn't touch it but I understand the need to try and make the quad fly the best it can.

Some things to keep in mind. Air Temperature, Wind, Sunlight can affect the baro. Putting the board in a hard case like what you did with the foam helps out. I have noticed that in colder temperatures the baro needs some time to acclimate before flight or it will not be correct and unstable but not horribly. I fly often in -17c weather with out any issues from the Multiwii pro board. It's a pretty good board for the price.

Like I said. Don't trash the boards your quad is flying fine. If you feel you want to upgrade go with an Eagle Tree Vector and stay away from DJI Naza. The Naza has been known to have issues with fly aways. The Eagle Tree Vector is superior in every way and it has a built in OSD wich you will need if you ever get into FPV.

xNuno

Re: MultiWii PRO Flight Controller - BMP085 - Improvement?

Post by xNuno »

Thanks!