altitude problem during yaw

rukie

altitude problem during yaw

Post by rukie »

Hi guys just a question

It seems that I am having issue with my naze32 whenever I do yaw movements particularly clockwise. It changes altitude and throttles up, as if there was a mix. This is in manual mode by the way.

I have calibrated the esc's again and again and even checked in the app if it is in sync so think its not the problem.

I also played with PID's suspecting high values but it seems not to be the issue.

All other controls are fine. I have checked if I have introduced some mix but there are none.

This is on a superH quad I just modded the arms. All motors are leveled and pointing up. Though I noticed around .2mm variance in lenth in the carbon arms.
My motors seems to be of the same temperature bybthe way

waltr

Re: altitude problem during yaw

Post by waltr »

Not an unusual issue and is called "yaw jump".
Which ESCs? What ESC firmware.
This can be partially cured with fast ESCs.

rukie

Post by rukie »

Blueseries esc with simonk firmware.

waltr

Post by waltr »

Those ESCs are good with MW but some 'yaw jump' can be expected. How much throttle (altitude) change are you getting.

Are you sure there is not any mixing going on in the transmitter. Check this in MW config.exe gui.

Another possibility is that you are moving the throttle when you move the Yaw (mode 2 TX). You can check if you are doing this with MW gui also.
It is actually hard to move a stick on only one motion and not move the other. I still do this at times.

rukie

Post by rukie »

I am absolutely sure there is no mix. This is one of the first thing I made sure of. Ill try to take a video of the quad to show the behavior of the altitude change, but from observation its does not suggest a mix. The jump is not proportional, its intermittent its like its a revving engine. It almost feels like its going out of balance, motor number 3 is the one shooting up, and I believe causes the altitude change. Intuitively I thought there's a problem with the motor and the distances, but from experience such errors are accompanied with unbalanced temperature of the motors or esc. Which in this case is not. All motors seems to have the same temperature after testing. Roll and pitch has no problem so that may rule out problems with motor and esc. Hover is also balanced, the only problem is in yaw.

Esc are balance and checked via the gui it all spools up at around 1117 i believe.

I am also quite sure that I am not inducing throttle with yaw movements. Again the quad movement