What fligth controller does my hexacopter have?

pemy

What fligth controller does my hexacopter have?

Post by pemy »

I bought this hexacopter from goodluckbuy recently:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/f550-rtf-hexacopter-frame-with-mwc-2-axis-gopro-3-aluminum-gimbal-and-landing-skid-for-fpv.html

It says it has a MWC 2012 flight control board with 2.1 firmware.
It flew just fine out of the box, but now I want to get the GPS to work properly and have a need to adjust the firmware.

Then it struck me that I have no clue what flight controller this is! Hence I don't know what senors and stuff is on the board, making it difficult to configure new firmware.

Does anyone know this board? Or does anyone know where/how to obtain the sourcecode for the original firmware?

What I am particularly interested in is what board I should specify that I have in the "boards and sensor definitions" sections i config.h, and what board I should select in Arduino before uploading the firmware.
Attachments
Integrated flight controller. But What controller is it??
Integrated flight controller. But What controller is it??

timecop

Re: What fligth controller does my hexacopter have?

Post by timecop »

I can tell you for sure its not 32bit - which with the huge chip like that only leaves something tarduinomega2560-based.
So you can load whatever latest multiwii on it, define some common chinese cloned sensor board orientation (maybe freeIMU or similar), and if axes are wrong, just define your own orientation. The rest should more or less work

pemy

Post by pemy »

Thanks for input. It says "atmel 2560" on the big chip.

pemy

Post by pemy »

Forgot to mention that the controller has build in support for GPS (U-blox 6 High Precision GPS Module Set H-8123)
The GPS works but probably the controller needs tweaking since the copter goes in big circles when using GPS-HOLD.

pemy

Post by pemy »

timecop wrote:I can tell you for sure its not 32bit - which with the huge chip like that only leaves something tarduinomega2560-based.
So you can load whatever latest multiwii on it, define some common chinese cloned sensor board orientation (maybe freeIMU or similar), and if axes are wrong, just define your own orientation. The rest should more or less work

I posted this in the wrong board, I will repost it in another section.