Naze32 Acro - Unwanted Roll in Angle/Hor modes

ronin4740

Naze32 Acro - Unwanted Roll in Angle/Hor modes

Post by ronin4740 »

Mentioned this is in the hardware discussion thread but as the suggestion I got didn't fix the issue for me thought I'd start a new thread to see if anyone else had any input.

Lately when in angle or horizon mode my Tricopter wants to roll to the right. Normal/Rate mode works fine.

No amount of accel trim will get rid of this. I thought this might have started when I flashed the 4.30 firmware but I've tested by going back to the 4.5 firmware and still have the same issue.

I've reset the FC to defaults, flashed, reset to defaults and hand programmed as well as restored the settings from a backup. I've also done the proper CLI commands to set tri, TAER1234 (I fly spektrum), vbat and motor_stop. I've calibrated the gyro and accel on flat surfaces and have set the roll trim in Baseflight as well as with the sticks.

I am a new flyer and have crashed the tri a few times, one of those times was hard enough to bend the cnc tail piece about 30 degrees.

Any ideas? I'm currently leaning towards the thought that I've fubared the accel on this FC. When they're available again in the US I plan to buy at least one extra to keep as a spare. But if this is fixable I'd like to try... just not sure how to troubleshoot past what I've done.

Thanks!