Smallest possible MWC board

mcashatt

Smallest possible MWC board

Post by mcashatt »

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what the smallest possible MWC board is? I am looking for something not much wider than an Arduino Nano--smaller would be even better.

I have been using the MWC CP Heli option on 450 sized helis with much success and now I want to build a few mini scale helis from 1:48 kits. I could use a MCPX or FBL100 on some of my models, but I will be much better able to manage layout and a few other things with a multiwii.

Any ideas short of making my own?

Thanks!

Matt

timecop

Re: Smallest possible MWC board

Post by timecop »

mcashatt

Post by mcashatt »

Thanks timecop! That would be perfect--any idea where I can buy a few? That Femtowii is pretty neat, but the one in your picture looks a bit more polished.

Thanks again,

Matt

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1814924

TimeCop is an excellent ready board.

Still with less then 6$ you can make your own multiwiii board, by just soldering two ready available boards

mcashatt

Post by mcashatt »

I am sure this question is going to be stupid but--aren't there too few pinouts on that Beetle board for this to work?

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

With PPM in it will be just enough for a quad.
Anyhow ... it is looking a waste of time.

A guy on RCG did a nano multiwii, direct soldering a 6050 over a naked 328, then he did glued together and let out only the few needed cables ... 1g or less ..

It is so simple and effective to take a pro mini and a 6050 module and stick them together ... I have multiple working mutlwii in this way ... less then 6$ for a multiwii micro board

mcashatt

Post by mcashatt »

e_lm_70 wrote:With PPM in it will be just enough for a quad.
Anyhow ... it is looking a waste of time.

A guy on RCG did a nano multiwii, direct soldering a 6050 over a naked 328, then he did glued together and let out only the few needed cables ... 1g or less ..

It is so simple and effective to take a pro mini and a 6050 module and stick them together ... I have multiple working mutlwii in this way ... less then 6$ for a multiwii micro board

Thanks, I just ordered the pro mini and the 6050 module. I appreciate your help.

Akokaram

Post by Akokaram »

mcashatt wrote:Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what the smallest possible MWC board is? I am looking for something not much wider than an Arduino Nano--smaller would be even better.

I have been using the MWC CP Heli option on 450 sized helis with much success and now I want to build a few mini scale helis from 1:48 kits. I could use a MCPX or FBL100 on some of my models, but I will be much better able to manage layout and a few other things with a multiwii.

Any ideas short of making my own?

Thanks!

Matt

Sorry to bother you, but do you have any links to guides on how to use a multi wii FC on a CP heli. I wouldn't mind getting my 450 off the ground.

Thanks

mcashatt

Post by mcashatt »

Akokaram wrote:
Sorry to bother you, but do you have any links to guides on how to use a multi wii FC on a CP heli. I wouldn't mind getting my 450 off the ground.

Thanks

No worries! I am running out the door but I have attached the most recent MWC 2.2 config that I used for a heli. Use at your own risk, but it worked fine for me.

The first thing you should do is go to config.h and look for the area where the nick & roll values are defined. You will see where I have defined values for a CH-53 scale build and a A109 scale build.

You will need to fiddle with those values and re-flash your MWC a few times to make sure that the swash plate is moving in the correct directions per your stick input. Obviously unplug the motor and/or remove blades while doing this testing.

Sorry I can't be more specific--in a rush.

Good luck!

Matt
Attachments
MultiWii_Heli.zip
(135.5 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

mcashatt

Post by mcashatt »

Also, here are the pin assignments:

MWC Flip Board
• D3: Rudder
• D9: Throttle
• D10: Pitch
• D11: Aileron
• D12: Elevator

Akokaram

Post by Akokaram »

Thanks.

jonathanberi

Post by jonathanberi »

For those looking for the board Timecop showed, the PCB links to the site selling the AfroMini 32.