Naze32 with Spektrum radio question...

rruready

Naze32 with Spektrum radio question...

Post by rruready »

So...when I hook the naze32 to Baseflight, all of the motors spin up at the exact same increment, but when I use my Spektrum DX8, they spin up at different times. Motor 1 doesn't start to turn until motor 3 is almost half way to full throttle. I tried it in all flight modes, and it didn't matter. At this point I know the esc's are calibrated because they take input from Baseflight perfectly, from throttle start to finish. Here's a pic illustrating what I'm talking about when I give it input from my radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is the only thing that is keeping me from taking off at this point. Thanks.

timecop

Re: Naze32 with Spektrum radio question...

Post by timecop »

Did you choose proper 10 or 11bit spektrum sat type, and what does receiver tab look like.
Garbage in-> garbage out, so if your radio is telling your quad to yaw or whatever, you will see this on motor outputs.

rruready

Post by rruready »

timecop wrote:Did you choose proper 10 or 11bit spektrum sat type, and what does receiver tab look like.
Garbage in-> garbage out, so if your radio is telling your quad to yaw or whatever, you will see this on motor outputs.
Even though I am new and don't know if my receiver (AR6200) is 10 or 11 bit, for the sake of learning, I found out how to enable serialrx, and set the rx type to 10 as well as 11, and the fc would not even arm. So I disabled serialrx and it's back to where it was. The quad does fly, and quite well, but I'm thinking if it flies this well now with the motors not completely in sync, it can only fly better once I have this sorted. Is there something I'm missing with your suggestion, or maybe something else to try? Thanks for your help. Here is the receiver tab too. I didn't change anything on it yet. Image

timecop

Post by timecop »

So, your inputs are clearly completely off from what they should be.
Sounds like your MIDRC should be 1510 or something, and then you'll need to subtrim all 4 main channels to center at 1510. (Or keep midrc at 1500 and subtrim all channels to that value.

dam3swip3

Post by dam3swip3 »

anyone know the setup trims i should have on my spektrum dx7s radio?? it would help alot=)

scrat

Post by scrat »

No. Every radio is different.

treym

Post by treym »

rruready wrote: Even though I am new and don't know if my receiver (AR6200) is 10 or 11 bit, for the sake of learning,

I found out how to enable serialrx, and set the rx type to 10 as well as 11, and the fc would not even arm.

So I disabled serialrx and it's back to where it was.

how did you manage to have so much "no idea'bout what i am doing" ? :)

AR6200 is a PWM recievers ... it can be coupled with a sepktrum sat (serial rx) .. BUT

AR6200 =PWM
AR6200+spekSat = PWM
spekSat = feature serail rx

if it flies this well now with the motors not completely in sync, it can only fly better once I have this sorted.

dont worry what you guessed as " the motors not completely in sync" is a none issue.

dam3swip3

Post by dam3swip3 »

Idk wats wrong my mini takes off then wobbles drops then back up again everytime i mess with the trim it makes a motor not spin up on time..what should my dx7s radio trims look like?? I cant figure it out

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

Buy a decent radio?

No, dx8 or dx18 wont do.

dam3swip3

Post by dam3swip3 »

im buyin a aurora 9x no need to be mean man i was just askin for help bro

dam3swip3

Post by dam3swip3 »

and you only need a 6ch radio for a naze32 really..i got 2 acros and 3 fulls and i cant get anywhere with them if i can get the trims right my blackout spider hex is just bouncen

kilby

Post by kilby »

I don't mean to be rude but of you can't get anywhere with a dx7s why do you think you will get any further with an Aurora 9?

My Acro Naze flies perfectly well with my dx7s and a 6210 (or an orange satellite)

Firstly do your motors spin up together from the baseflight master slider.

Have you calibrated the boards sensors on a level surface (the ass of the quad resembles something that is flat doesn't it?)

Do your sticks centre to something close to 1500, if not then read the transmitter manual and find how to set the sub trim (hint it's 2 clicks away from the setup option) a value of 1500 +2 or - 2 will be more than fine.

If you don't know where it is then read your spektrum manual, as you really do need to know how your transmitter works, if you are simply handed the info then you won't learn.

If you are still stuck there is a lot of good info on this thread and the OP is a Spektrum user http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1653753

dam3swip3

Post by dam3swip3 »

thanks man i appreciate it i never really learned cause ive been using naza and all i had to do was upload the file to the controller but i have the sat. plugged into the board but i appreciate it again ill read up on it..if you find out anymore id appreciate it imma default the settings and start over
Last edited by dam3swip3 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

kilby

Post by kilby »

It's a different world compared to the Naza, but you will get a hell of a lot more out of it

dam3swip3

Post by dam3swip3 »

hopefully") but also when i default everything and try to get everything centered at 1510 i have great new esc and cobra motors calibrated but i just haven't found out how to to get them all to spin up together i even used (set mincommand=1960) (set mincommand=1000) it worked but with the settings default like that yaw,aileron, and pitch doesn't work until i fix the settings but when i do i get up down and wobbles but ill let you know man thx again..i just look my woman doesnt know where she "cleaned up" and put my manual "(