YAW "issue" on Acro

LVNeptune

YAW "issue" on Acro

Post by LVNeptune »

We've had some discussion about this on IRC but not much ever becomes of it. If you change the YAW value higher than it is from default, for example, 0.7, when doing consecutive flips the quad YAWs left or right depending on which direction you are flipping. It also "loosens" the control. If you full YAW left or right it continues spinning and doesn't stop instantly like it does when moving slow. It doesn't seem like any PID adjustments to YAW help lock it down more. Also, if you just spin the Roll + Pitch stick in a circle when it re-centers it will YAW right or left depending on which direction you did it (opposite direction of stick throw)...No adjustments seem to fix it. It didn't seem like this was a problem when it was on whatever the factory default setting was. I don't know if it's actually an issue with YAW implementation or something possible with the Gyro. I launched the quad up maybe 100' or so (no altimeter so not sure) and did 7 rolls while falling and the gyro forced it to drift hard left. I had to throw my stick almost all the way to the right to get it to STOP moving. After a minute it re-stabilized and functioned normally again.

So my question, is this normal, if not is it fixable? Next question, is full Naze with a Mag impervious to the YAW issue since it has a compass and knows where it started when initializing the flips?

timecop

Re: YAW "issue" on Acro

Post by timecop »

Wasn't this some bug in ancient firmware that was fixed long time ago.

scrat

Post by scrat »

Yes it was. But it was fixed.

Porco777

Post by Porco777 »

Hi,

First of all, sorry Timecop for multi posting! Too much rain today to test the PID mod, and I am looking for other people who would have the same problems…
Not exactly the same problem explained above, but maybe linked… I have a Naze32 Acro since a while on a micro quad, it is flying very (very very!!) well!! (See here if you have 3 min to look at beautiful French Backcountry ;-) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiC80ISv ... 4-overview ), but sometimes, I have a strange behavior around the yaw axis, I tried many different settings, but I am still unable to solve the problem.
when I am in a high speed long turn, sometimes, the quad is first yawing alone (without RC inputs) inside the turn and then, it seems to stall on the two inner motors…
I previously had a CC3D on exactly the same frame withe same elements, so I think it is only a setup problem of my own with the Naze.
This is a small 20cm square quad, with ZMR motors and Gemfan 5030. (Yaw PID were : 11.5;0.080;0.010 Yaw rate : 0.15, on Timecop advise, I'll try 9.0;0,045,0 YR:0)

Problem is illustrated on this video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoAQB...re=c4-overview

Does somebody already had this kind of behavior? A solution maybe?
Thanks a lot for reading! And sorry for my poor english and for multi posts! :-S

timecop

Post by timecop »

Way to mix two totally unrelated shits together.

Porco777

Post by Porco777 »

You don't have to be unpleasant… I'm just looking a solution to my problem… Which is exactly a yaw issue...

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune »

That's timecop LOL

timecop

Post by timecop »

I already told you what to do, have you actually bothered to reduce yaw rate/increase minthrottle? Quad doesn't fly on 2 motors, that should be clear right?