Flip 32

raulmd

Re: Flip 32

Post by raulmd »

This board is not a fail at all.
Reverse 5v and gnd might be done to simplify board layout.
The schematic is 99% similar to naze32 but the µC is not so good Cap decoupled.
Which leads me to a question: Where is the reset circuit in Naze32 schematic?

KC_703

Post by KC_703 »

The board goes against the standards and most folks will miss the warning to switch the G and V. Some things shouldn't be simplified. Not that its difficult to do switch the wires, its just that there are no ESCs with the VGS output... nor are there other FCs which use this output.

Are you referring to the bootloader pins to perform a manual reset?

raulmd

Post by raulmd »

I am not saying it is the best way to go, but since the best option is eliminating GND and VCC from all -1 ESC to avoid problems or eliminate it from all and use an external BEC, I don't think it is a big problem doing the swap.

About the reset, R3 and C4 which go to pin7 This is the startup reset. Maybe N32 schematic is simplified nothing important.

mj666

Post by mj666 »

Received my new two Flip32+ today. There are no reverse power and ground pins anymore. Basefligth from February 20th was preinstalled. Looks to be very similar to the actual MW32 board. Connectors are identical but the layout itself is a bit different. The STM32 is at the top of the board for the Flip32+. Also missing the large Capacitor for stabilizing sensor voltage but the sensor reading looks to be fine without them also. Please take a look at the attached pictures.

mj666
Attachments
Flip32+back.jpg
Flip32+front.jpg
Last edited by mj666 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

Thx for the info!
BTW I found an old schematic in the fpv community forum. I wonder where the actual layout plan is.
Attached here anyway....
Cheers
Rob
Attachments
FLIP32.png

Astrolabius

Post by Astrolabius »

Hi guys, just have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answer to, and to which nobody is replying.

First, I just wanted to know if the Flip 32, through either Baseflight or Harikiri, has a 3D flight mode for inverted flight. Will 3D flight be possible using a Flip 32, or does 3D flight require (besides reversible firmware on the ESCs) a mag and baro, meaning I would have to get a Flip 32+?

Secondly, and I apologize for going a bit OT here, but are there only specific ESCs that are reversible, or will any ESCs flashed with SimonK, and subsequently flashed with the reversible version of the firmware do the trick?

Lastly, does the Flip 32 have an input voltage range? I'll be using ESCs that only come with 3V BECs, so I'll be using a 3V-to-5V step-up module to get power to the board. Please let me know if there's something wrong with this approach.

Any help would be appreciated, and I thank you for your time.

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

Harakiri does not and will not have support for pseudo 3D ESC stuff. Mag is not needed for flying upside down.

mj666

Post by mj666 »

@Astrolabius

For your last question both Flip32 and Flip32+ need 5V operating voltage. You may use a seperate BEC directly connected to the accu. A stepup converter from 3V is may be not the best approach.

Debogus

Post by Debogus »

Have a Dragonfly32 aka a Flip 32, how do you disable the on board compass in order to use a external compass ? From what I gather you cant just plug in the external to the I2C because they use the same port . So what trace needs to be sniped ?

wilco1967

Post by wilco1967 »

Don't know if there's any trace that can be cut, but I ended up in removing the whole 5883 sensor from my Flip32+.
simply used a small screwdriver, to lift (break) it off the board.... went quit easily, and didn't cause any shorts / damage beyond the 5883.
YMMV.
Once the onboard mag is gone, check in cleanflight GUI (or whatever firmware you use), that the other sensors still work.
The external mag can be connected to the I2C header, and should work straight away.
Please note: the external mag will only work if you provide proper 5V power to the Flip32+ board (i.e from an ESC or UBEC). USB power alone will not power any external sensors.

Debogus

Post by Debogus »

Sure I ended up cutting it here easier to get to and reversible....sda trace....Now I wonder what benefit there would be if I attached the external compass sda to the other side of the cut where it feeds into the accelerometer.....

Marcelo Tito

Post by Marcelo Tito »

Hi... I have installed GPS (very cheap) from Banggood on my FLIP32 10 DOF, using CLEANFLIGHT and it´s working quite well. It just need a few setting to work almost like a Naza V2... almost. First I realized that for this board to have ALTITUDE HOLD first I had to change some CLI´s.
1) SET BARO NOISE LPF= 0,600 to 0,960 (higher value means less altitude oscilation)
2) SET BARO CF VEL= 0,985 to 0,750 (this is the speed for variations in altitude)

Now the altitude hold is almost fine but I have some circular oscilations when it tries to keep POSITION HOLD. Maybe I should try first Alt Hold and then position hold, not both at the same time.
RESTURN TO HOME: working almost fine, it turns 180 degrees back to HP, but passes by a little, then turn 180 degrees again and return to HP but still in circular movement.

HELP PLEASE: What is affected changing this CLI´s ???

ALT, VEL, POS, POS R, NAV R, LEVEL, MAG.

On my try I put zero on POS and it didn´t try come back for the POS HOLD, so I guess it is related with Position Hold.
Thanks so much.

RandyQ

Post by RandyQ »

hi Marcelo,
Just like you, I am also planning to purchase the FLIP32 10 DOF from Banggood. Did you have problem re: voltage polarity (same as described in this thread)? Seems like you had no problems installing and setting up. Have you tried running waypoints and other GPS functions yet?

Also, where is the GPS in Banggood that you installed? I will buy one too - can't see it (sorry for stupid question).

Thanks, hope for a reply soon.

rgds/ RandyQ