Cruis AIOP v2.0 + MTK3329

skoubri

Cruis AIOP v2.0 + MTK3329

Post by skoubri »

Hi to all, just upgraded from HK MultiWii Pro red board to Crius AIOP v2.0 as Crius has more pins, better pcb, and used the same MTK3329 GPS..

But also upgraded to MWii 2.2 and i am a little bit confused with GPS setup... Do i need to have defined the INIT_MTK always? Although GPS seems to work fine (RTH, PH), on PH mode it seems to make small corrections all the time but jerky ones.. (like peaks...).. I remember that on previous versions and the other board it was working smooth... I have good PID settings and very smooth flight... i only want to make PH also smooth...

Reading about Binary mode that also will improve the cycle time but don't know what version to use.. i believe that this module is GS-15c

Any help on fine tunning this setup will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

P.S. Except some PID tweaking i am working with the default values of MultiWii v2.2

Peter

Re: Cruis AIOP v2.0 + MTK3329

Post by Peter »

I use a mtk3329 with binary firmware version 1.9. Works great. Use the init define and the binary protocol define.
If you don't use the init, it will use the default set by the GPS. If that nmea uses the right sentences, it will work as you noticed. Binary is just more efficient, precise and less overhead.

skoubri

Post by skoubri »

Thanks for your answer!! I am trying to flash the 1.9 to my module but seems doesn't accept!!.. Its the HK module (GS-15c)... i can only flash AXN1.30 2389... any suggestions?

Peter

Post by Peter »

No, sorry. I have the GPS from flytron. Don't know the differences.