Crius Bluetooth with a Naze32

kad

Crius Bluetooth with a Naze32

Post by kad »

Has anyone used on of these Bluetooth modules with a Naze32? And if so, any advice for getting one hooked up and working?

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=go ... oductname=

-K

timecop

Re: Crius Bluetooth with a Naze32

Post by timecop »

Any BT module will work, so that one will also. Nothing to do just connect rx/tx, swap them if things aren't working.
Don't use BT and USB at same time (I mean actively transmitting) and it's fine.

Georges41

Post by Georges41 »

Hi timecop,

It does not need to connect previously on the Rx cable a resistor of 10 kOhms in order to prevent the eventual difference between the 5 V logic of the board and the 3.3 V logic of the BT module?

Yours,
Georges

timecop

Post by timecop »

? The board is already 3.3V.
There's no 5V I/O. If you're talking about (potential) 5V IO from BT module, that's fine as UART pins are 5V-tolerant (if I remember correctly)

Georges41

Post by Georges41 »

Hi timecop,

I am speaking on Rx logic of the BT board. Maybe I did'nt understood correctly some hardware comments.

rotary65

Post by rotary65 »

I use that exact BT board on my Naze32 rev 4 precisely as timecop has suggested above (no resistor). Works great.

DD1369

Post by DD1369 »

Apologies for resurecting a year-old thread, but I'm wondering if I got a bad Bluetooth module from RCTimer...or if I'm just suffering from a brain-check.

I've got the same RCTimer Bluetooth module as in the OP, but neither my SGS-III phone, nor my Nexus 7 tablet can see the device.

The Bluetooth module powers up, and the green light is on. I've tried swapping the rx/tx leads, powering down and up...but no how many times I search from my phone or tablet, there are no Bluetooth devices available to pair with.

Bad module...or user fail?

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

You should see something when discovering. You could try reconfiguring it with a FTDI adapter... it responds to AT commands to change device name, pin, baud etc.. however I doubt it's going to help if you don't see anything from a bluetooth device discovery. Sure you did't reverse polarity it or something that lets the magic blue smoke out? More here: http://apirola.wordpress.com/2012/09/05 ... oard-v1-2/

DD1369

Post by DD1369 »

Thanks felixrising for the quick response.

No magic blue smoke, just nothing there to discover. They're pretty cheap, and since I have a couple of quads I've ordered couple of new ones.

Also, many thanks for the link...that will be helpful!

Tasche

Post by Tasche »

Hello. Just recently tried to get bluetooth to work with my Naze32 Acro. I have the bluetooth module from RC timer. I can pair with the device, however when I go into the Android Naze32 config application on my Note 3 I get an error. I get a message that says "connection successful", then it says "returning fom CLI", then I get the error:

"
Error occured

an error has occured in sub:main_treatboxnames (java line: 5695)
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: length-494;regionStart=0; regionLength=-1
Continue?
"

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

scrat

Post by scrat »

What configurator you're using?