ReadError

Re: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by ReadError »

Confirmed. Working.

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

one question more.

In Tri-copter mode, tail tilt servo connects to S1, and motors M1..M3 as you said in the manual, can i use camera stabilization on roll and pitch? (Maybe only one? on S2) It is enabled on CLI but i´ve tried conecting new servo to s2 and get any movement when i move the tri. came stab is also enabled on multiwii with the propper ch and EPA set to max.
i Have CPPM with FrSky now

timecop

Post by timecop »

Not unless you're willing to change the code (edit the PWM map and assign camera servos somewhere else). Hardware can do it, but not in the default configuration.

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

timecop wrote:Not unless you're willing to change the code (edit the PWM map and assign camera servos somewhere else). Hardware can do it, but not in the default configuration.

Ummmmm... Chinesse to me. Even only one servo? ah maybe it´s only changing the channel assignment map? is not right?
that pwm will be the rc connectors, or the servo/esc connectors? buf man, i don´t know where i can change that, sorry.

i was looking at goolge and there is a lot of multiwii tricopters with stabilization on both axis. I´m so bad now, i made my own roll and pitch gimbal for this Tri and plofff :cry:

also i was looking there is a custom model, but i don´t know how to make it.

i don´t know if this will be too hard for someone, but if anybody can manage it, i will be very pleasured :?

timecop

Post by timecop »

Since you're using PPM, you'd need to enable extraServos condition for drv_pwm (main.c, line 98, just hardcode it to 1), this will add 4 more servo outputs on the bottom 4 RC connectors, then modify writeServos() default: case to shift pwmWriteServo(0, xxx); pwmWriteServo(1, xxx) to +1 to that index, so it ends up being pwmWriteServo(1, xxx); pwmWriteServo(2, xxx);
Then it should "just work". I don't have an easy way to test this though.

Maybe a new config option can be added, like tri_camstab or something. I'd have to think about it.
The method above would be just a quick hack to get things working. Or maybe in TRI mode, always enable camstab outputs if FEATURE_TILT is on, and PPM receiver is used.

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

ok i will try, but since i´m a completly noob on this, what´s the program name to modify the code? i have to modify the Baseflight.hex right? :roll: (sorry if this questions are stupid..but i don´t know nothing about codeing) if it is only change that i will try. Or maybe if is easy for you, could you send it to me and i will try it.
And to have it clear, the servo imputs and the tail servo for the Tri, are in the same place like now, isn´t it? S1,M1-M3, and the new servos will go to rc imput 4 and 5, so i need a Bec for those right?

And for the future implementation, will be fine since not everybody have PPM sum, if you can use S2 for only one servo gimbal, to choose, roll or tilt? And for the rest of us with PPM, yes, something like a new setting like that Tri_camstab will be perfect, more visual friendly. Something like in Quad mode, that it just work.
Is posible use all servo/esc connectors like Quad? something like S1 an S2 for gimbal servos, and M1, M2, M3 and M4 as Tail servo?

timecop

Post by timecop »

The way hardware PWM works, different period (50Hz vs 400Hz) can only be on separate groups of channels, M1+M2 are on one channel, M3..M6 are on another. So M6 cannot be used for servo even if its free in tri mode.

lougedo

Post by lougedo »

understood that part

lnquang

Post by lnquang »

hi tc,

why did you put the crystal and usb port in bottom of the board? it makes your board require more space to mount.

timecop

Post by timecop »

I like it like that. You can desolder both, and connect some USB>Serial to the center rx/tx pads if you're really that short on space.

lnquang

Post by lnquang »

can i resolder them both to the top?

timecop

Post by timecop »

The crystal, yes. I don't see how you're going to reverse the USB connectors. THe board doesn't technically require a crystal, it'l;l just run a bit slower without one.

DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

A video of my Naze32 Hexa, ver.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUUWTuUHmnc

Very stable in gyro mode, haven't tuned it much in Horizon mode.

Just ordered a ver.4 board :D

lnquang

Post by lnquang »

hi tc again, i have just got ublox gps module from rctimer, can I connect gps rx/tx pin to tx/rx pin on the board? or I have to use channel 3-4?

timecop

Post by timecop »

Have you tried reading the manual?
How do you expect telemetry/GUI to work if GPS is connected there?

DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Wooohooo !

My new board is in the mail already... Thanks TC :D

lnquang

Post by lnquang »

the reason is, i dont have CPPM receiver atm, i have two reciever: 4ch frsky + 8ch turnigy, i put both recievers to pin 1-8, the remain 4ch will put to control servos for camera (turn left/right, up/down, zoom, on/off). i dont want to lose 2ch for gps receiver :)

timecop

Post by timecop »

Sounds like you're doing some professional-level work with hobby-level equipment.
Perhaps you want to upgrade to DJI ACE ONE immediately.

Or, you can just drive your servos directly from receiver (for example using channel 7+8, don't plug them into the FC at all), while still having 6 channels available for 4 control + 2 aux. Again I dunno what application this is for, but sounds professional and not hobby stuff.

JUERGEN_

Post by JUERGEN_ »

where is the documentation :?:

cmix . . . create custom motor mix for non-standard airframe type

e.g. X8 :?:

;)

timecop

Post by timecop »

X8 is a standard mixer. just mixer octox8 or whatever and its done.
Custom mix is really simple, too - the idea is to calculate proportion of each motor contributing to pitch roll or yaw thrust.
Custom mixers are covered here: http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/MK-Par ... ixer-SETUP
as well as in DJI documentation (including formulas how to calculate custom stuff).

You can also do cmix load <existing multiwii mixer> to load examples of precompiled mixers - so for example you can load X8, then modify it to make lower motors have more/less thrust.

rocketray

Post by rocketray »

Hi,
I know im leaving myself open to all sorts of smart @ss comments here, but f#ck it ;)

What is moron_threshold? :D when should i alter it and what to(aprox)

i thought it was a joke when tc mentioned it, but its in the cli so it obviously has a purpose. and im intrigued.

Ray ;)

fiendie

Post by fiendie »

rocketray wrote:Hi,
I know im leaving myself open to all sorts of smart @ss comments here, but f#ck it ;)

What is moron_threshold? :D when should i alter it and what to(aprox)

i thought it was a joke when tc mentioned it, but its in the cli so it obviously has a purpose. and im intrigued.

Ray ;)

It's used during Gyro calibration.

From the source:

Code: Select all

// check deviation and start over if idiot was moving the model

moriwaky

Post by moriwaky »

Hi everyone!

I am using the naze32 as standalone gimbal controller for a 3-axis cinestar gimbal style. If I define the board as gimbal mixer it work very well on two axis, but for head lock or pan lock on the gimbal I have to use an helicopter gyro. I had read there is a way to make it work on the three axis without the help of the gyro heli, using the tri mixer and enable servo_tilt and camstab. But It will be great If someone can add the three axys gyro option to the gimbal mixer on the code. I don´t know if what I am asking is too much work but it will be a very nice feature.
Thanks for this amazing board!

Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

Dos Naze32 support Sbus ?

timecop

Post by timecop »

Not unless you're going to code it - and without hardware inverter, its basically useless as it's not plug and play and needs additional hardware.

Speaking of useless RC input methods, I noticed some people bitching about spektrum support and noone noticed that when PWM / GPS drivers were cleaned up, pwm_config->useUART wasn't getting set by spektrum feature, well, thats why it didn't work. Latest rev fixes that.

Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

Ok, i guess i have to find CPPM in my Rx or code Sbus for baseflight, i think I'll try both :-)

MC Anders

ps 7404 is quit simple

RyanThomas

Post by RyanThomas »

R238 and Spektrum Support

I just tried and it does not work for me, R209 is the last version that works.
Spektrum Sat grey cable connected to pin 4,
Reset, Re-flash, enable spektrum feature and map=TAER1234, am I missing something?

Can't see any activity in Gui's
Last edited by RyanThomas on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timecop

Post by timecop »

Hm, I wonder what else I forgot. I guess I'll need to dig out a spektrum sat receiver and see whats going on.

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

Help! I don't want to read the manual!!

Lol - naze32 has finally arrived --- thanks!!

BTW: Has someone done a connection diagram with everything in it? Like the mwii connection diagrams http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc ... /Diagrams/ ?

Cheers

Kraut Rob

timecop

Post by timecop »

Yes, that's in the manual :)

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

The damn thing flies :)
I put a little bit of foam in the naze enclosure to cover the baro.
After a quick shot through the manual http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... cL4#t=220s
I flashed my baroversion (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1947&start=90#p27168)

Code: Select all

- flashed with global erase option
Terminal:
set acc_hardware = 2
set mpu6050_scale = 1
save
Gui:
Calibrate ACC

and it works! Couldn't do much testing due to rain though... (altP is what you expect, alt I is a variometerbrake - "makes air thicker" - fights swinging, alt D is throttle angle correction - fights hightdrop in forward flight. Logic: after activation of althold, althold is engaged but it waits for you till you reach the middle with throttlestick before you can change hight).
The next project after flying in and tuning will be my mtk gps loaded with 3drobotics binary fw 1.9. In the meantime i did an own binary parser for that stuff wich works quiet well on mwii. Eos Bandi has also an improved GPS code online! The only downside: i will loose two rc channels for serial rx/tx unless i flash my frsky to ppsum. I guess there is no secret onboard serial port available besides the unusable usb/telemetry shared...

Cheers
Rob

BTW: Putty is pure crap! Use realterm instead, so you also don't need this "Hercules SETUP utility" for sending RRR.

rocketray

Flying_wing

Post by rocketray »

Hiya,

Over the holiday i built a small flying wing and although there is a mix for it in the mixer list there is nothing in the manual about how to connect it up. I dont really want to experiment and brake something. There are only two servo's and the Esc . I would guess S1 and S2 for the servo's and M1 for the speed controller, could someone confirm or correct me on that one. And i suppose i should set my TX for the normal plane setup i.e no mix's, again could someone confirm that(or not). And finally have i not mentioned something i should have as i have never flown a plane before as im a Heli and multicopter man looking to expand my repertoire.

Ray ;)

irun4fundotca

Post by irun4fundotca »

ive looked all over here and cant seem to find any reference to the em406 gps that i have as a spare from my ardupilot
does anyone know if it can be fed in/out of the tx/rx leads on the bottom, as im using the octorpus of wires from receiver using chans 3 and 4

ive looked at the spec sheets and it says:

Power
Main Power Input: 4.5V~6.5V DC Input
Backup power: +2.5V to +3.6V
Backup current: 10uA typical
Output Voltage Level: 0V~2.85V

also can someone point me in the right direction for a default pid settings
heres a screenshot of mine http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attac ... 20pids.jpg
(maybe they allready are i dont know)

NEW--
looks like i got my pids right it was calibration of the esc's and not being level as one motor was faster than the rest (#4)

Thanks for any help or sugestions
Last edited by irun4fundotca on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

skyfreak

Post by skyfreak »

hi
quite a lot people here in europe fly the Graupner HoTT System. unfortunately the RX are quite big in size. they do have smaller once in line at Graupner, e.g. the GR-12SC+ HoTT or GR-12SH+ HoTT, but the only handle a digital sum signal called SUMH.
blame me for being noob and having no plan of all that ... will there be a development on a digital sum signal in future for the naze?
thy & rgds,
skyfreak

timecop

Post by timecop »

I think cgiessen is working on something with graupner stuff.

skyfreak

Post by skyfreak »

hi tc
indeed he is, but he is working on the graupner telemetry integration, not the sumH thingy.

icedfusion

Post by icedfusion »

When connecting a Jlink to the board, do i have to short the bootloader pads?

The debugger is claiming an error with the flashing algorithm. Does this need to be changed or is the default memory address not good?

Cheers

ice.

KC Flyer

Post by KC Flyer »

Crashpilot1000 wrote:The damn thing flies :)
set acc_hardware = 2
set mpu6050_scale = 1
(altP is what you expect, alt I is a variometerbrake - "makes air thicker" - fights swinging, alt D is throttle angle correction - fights hightdrop in forward flight. Logic: after activation of althold, althold is engaged but it waits for you till you reach the middle with throttlestick before you can change hight).

What does setting "acc_hardware = 2" do? The default on mine = 0. My mpu6050_scale is already set to 1 (default).

What do you have your p_alt, i_alt and d_alt set to?

timecop

Post by timecop »

acc_hardware forces specific type of acc on boards with more than one.
by default, it takes MMA845x as accel. the enum is in mw.h or board.h I believe (for values of accel_hardware).

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

@KC Flyer: Try this version, it is flight tested on my quadX with Naze32 rev4 viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1947&start=110#p28742

Thank you very much Timecop for your great work (Hard & Software)!!!!

Cheers

Kraut Rob

tedious

Post by tedious »

i came from rc groups dot com, i had built my own Quad in the spring and have a green version of this board. I had a bad crash because of a couple bent motor shafts. I am finally coming back with a rebuilt quad with new motors, new reflashed HK30a BlueSeries ESCs...

MY question is, How much improved is the fly-ability of the new version of the board? Should i stick with my old version or get a new one?

(i tried to do some reading on the differences other than hardware part ##s....didnt find what i was looking for...)

btw, i can also thank the little tiny Heli-max 1SQ for re-igniting my interest in my fullsize quad, this thing is a riot!

timecop

Post by timecop »

For gyro-only / sport flying you're not missing anything on the green (rev0/rev1) board.

I actually still prefer the old hardware w/adxl accel + high lpf for acro flying + being able to click level mode in with a switch and have it lazily level, enough to save from a screw up, etc. Other useless stuff like new baro is totally irrelevant :)

RyanThomas

Post by RyanThomas »

confirmed spektrum works again on R240,

Thanks to TC/Cerberis

So whats the upgrade cost from green to white? hee hee

KC Flyer

Post by KC Flyer »

Coincidence or did I screw something up?

I have a quad (Rev 4 white board) where my #3 motor ESC (Quad X) has failed twice. The ESCs are SK flashed F-30a.

The first failure was just after a few flights in the basement (no crashes) and the #3 motor started stuttering. The ESC would get hotter than the others. I tried switching other motors/ESCs and found the ESC to be bad. So I replaced it with another SK F-30a.

It seemed to work fine until the quad crashed into a lightpole and fell out of sky. Now the #3 ESC doesn't work again (same stuttering and gets hot). It seemed hard to control right before it crashed (started to yaw) but it may have been due to the wind and my inexperience.

I bundled all of the power leads and soldered them together when I first put the quad together. When I replaced the #3 ESC, I just cut the old ESC out and tapped into the old leads. Could it be that I just have a bad connection on the power side?

brm

Post by brm »

ups,
what about a bad motor?
might have a short...

KC Flyer

Post by KC Flyer »

brm wrote:ups,
what about a bad motor?
might have a short...

I wondered that initially but then figured that I ruled that out by running motor #3 with #2 ESC and working fine then replacing #3 ESC and then the motor works fine with it???

timecop

Post by timecop »

Whatever it is, it's unlikely it's flight software / fc related.

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

Hi, Timecop!
I am planning to use my http://store.diydrones.com/MB1200_XL_Ma ... 004-15.htm sonar on Naze32 rev4 (with own driver). It will operate at 3.3V with 50mA peak current. I see that you have two 300mA Voltage regulators (RT9193-33GB) on the naze (one for cpu one for sensors). Can I use the cpu-voltage-regulator safely as powersupply for the sonar without endangering the naze/function?

Cheers
Kraut Rob

timecop

Post by timecop »

No. Don't use onboard regs for external junk. There's a reason a 3V pad is not available.

lnquang

Post by lnquang »

Tc, any chance to port arducopter 2.9 to naze32?