Naze32 hardware discussion thread

mindthomas

Re: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by mindthomas »

Hmm wierd.
I have just been told that it might have something to do with some "binding"? Do the level feature have to be binded to anything?
I'm using the "mw-wingui" where I can't find anything specific about this procedure? As I can't seem to get the Java GUI working properly, as it tends to crash all the time on my Windows 64-bit PC, I haven't really tested this.

LeoWie

Post by LeoWie »

Hi, in download/file.php?id=1590 is all I changed via CLI (nothing level related).
Level I always put on an extra switch in the GUI to "ANGLE" (maybe someone ment this is bind? + I mean this: download/file.php?id=1417&mode=view in my GUI ... MultiWiiConf_2_1 , java) when maiden flight to get/test p_roll + p_pitch alone (without level influence) ... later ANGLE on all the time (I need no Acro).
... and to "Calibrate ACC" (+ "...MAG") ... and arm the copter in a leveled + stable position is important.
Last edited by LeoWie on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

timecop

Post by timecop »

mw-wingui uses hardcoded mode names. since angle + horizon was added, it no longer works properly (I think level in mwgui enables horizon). so you're seeing exactly what you are seeing.

mindthomas

Post by mindthomas »

timecop wrote:mw-wingui uses hardcoded mode names. since angle + horizon was added, it no longer works properly (I think level in mwgui enables horizon). so you're seeing exactly what you are seeing.

So do you have any other GUI recommendations, now when the mw-wingui doesn't work with the latest firmware?
What about the Android Naze32 GUI? Does that work properly with the latest firmware revisions, and if so, which mode exactly is it that I should enable for Level?

timecop

Post by timecop »

mw-wingui not working with latest multiwii (not just naze specific) has nothing to do with my firmware. eosbandi has been missing for like a month+. he hardcoded switches instead of getting the list . I think this was added post-2.1 mwc release.

anyway, java gui, or any of nicodh configurator/android configurator stuff should all work.
you should probably just fix your PC to run java one, its the one that supports all current -dev features.

abormor

Post by abormor »

hello,

I have just bought a naze 32 and it seems to work perfect but the baro is not detected by multiwii gui or Nicodh AIO, what can be wrong? do I have to activate baro somehow?
I dont found a way to see baro status on cli, the rest works well.
thank you
Alfonso
SPAIN

timecop

Post by timecop »

And why did you flash old firmware into it? Download latest hex from googlecode (see 1st post) and load it.

abormor

Post by abormor »

timecop wrote:And why did you flash old firmware into it? Download latest hex from googlecode (see 1st post) and load it.

Thank you for your quick answer and your work!!
Yes I did everything as describe in first post, I flashed the firmware and also I´ve been playing around with CLI and GLI, TX setup works well and I dont see anything working bad, just that BARO is not highlighted on GUI. Must it be activated somehow? I have chossen one aux channel to activate ACC and BARO with one switch but BARO seems to be non recognized.

Thank you

Alfonso

timecop

Post by timecop »

That didn't answer the question. Which VERSION did you flash? The one in /downloads page is OLD.
MS5611 is only supported by firmware in svn (see first post how to get it).
Baro is autodetected, so once you have latest firmware on it, it will just work.

JUERGEN_

Post by JUERGEN_ »

timecop wrote:..., so once you have latest firmware on it, it will just work.

:idea: why not have a direct link :?:

;)
Last edited by JUERGEN_ on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abormor

Post by abormor »

timecop wrote:That didn't answer the question. Which VERSION did you flash? The one in /downloads page is OLD.
MS5611 is only supported by firmware in svn (see first post how to get it).
Baro is autodetected, so once you have latest firmware on it, it will just work.

OK, tonight will be, thank you for you help, first class support here withing seconds!!

And yes please, a direct link here to that file....

abormor

Post by abormor »

Thank you timecop, it worked!!
BARO detected and working!
I had to download the file and change the name to save it correctly, it is a little mess to download those files, as it is not automatic as right clic etc, probably my web browser...

nicog

Post by nicog »

abormor wrote:Thank you timecop, it worked!!
I had to download the file and change the name to save it correctly, it is a little mess to download those files, as it is not automatic as right clic etc, probably my web browser...

Simple as cake. Using windows aio.
Go to update, download update and flash with the downloaded file.

abormor

Post by abormor »

nicog wrote:

Thank you nicog!

I have just fly my mini quad with the naze and it is really stable, but I wanted the naze 32 for acro and fast looping and flips and tic tocs etc..., does anyone have the settings on PID for this kind of flying to give it a try before spending time finding out by try and error?
thanks

mindthomas

Post by mindthomas »

I have flashed the latest version (231) and used the real Java GUI where I enabled the Level mode.
Now levelling works as supposed and it flies great :)

Thanks timecop for a great board and a good port.
And definitely also a big thanks to the MultiWii developers and community.

JUERGEN_

Post by JUERGEN_ »

also CRIUS CN-06, can you improve
better signal to noise ratio, and performance
CRIUS CN-06 <br />Antenna mounted
CRIUS CN-06
Antenna mounted

hot glue is your friend
hot glue is your friend

PCB 0,8mm / <65x65mm
Last edited by JUERGEN_ on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tcarnal

Post by tcarnal »

Hi All.

Just flashed my Acro Naze 32 with the r234.
And my engines won't respond.

I have my quad connected to the MultiWii Gui and al seems to work.
But when i arm the board (light turns on in the software) and i throttle up the engines won't spin and the MultiWii software doesn't show any engine activity either.

is there a new set item that needs to change?
I was unable to find something.

thx
Thijs

Edit.

I have attach to a switch and when flipping the switch the software says arm.
But the board doesn't respond to that.
The board only arms to the stick arm move.

No to find a solution

Lapino

AW: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by Lapino »

Did you check your rc channels to meet 1000 to 2000? Or did you activate motor stop?

tcarnal

Post by tcarnal »

Hi Lapino,

Those are the first things i checked
Motor_stop is enabled

I can arm it using the stick move but not with a switch

before i used the last stable version and this worked with the switch.
I mouted the switch to the arm funtion.

tcarnal

Post by tcarnal »

Found the issue,

Arm isn't Arm anymore
Need to set RTH this is Arm in the MultiWiiGui.

al is working now.

timecop

Post by timecop »

You mean in windows GUI.

nicog

Post by nicog »

Tcarnal, are you using eosbandi GUI?. This soft is not up to date and won't show true right switches. You need to use multi wi conf or naze32 aio from me. Switch are now dynamic so.....

nicog

Post by nicog »

abormor wrote:
nicog wrote:

Thank you nicog!

I have just fly my mini quad with the naze and it is really stable, but I wanted the naze 32 for acro and fast looping and flips and tic tocs etc..., does anyone have the settings on PID for this kind of flying to give it a try before spending time finding out by try and error?
thanks

I some acro with naze and I use almost default values. Just 6 in p roll and pitch.

In rc rate I'm in 1.6 butt it is Amman extreme setting. Same as pitch and roll at 0.7. Yaw is 0.8

tcarnal

Post by tcarnal »

timecop wrote:You mean in windows GUI.

nicog wrote:Tcarnal, are you using eosbandi GUI?. This soft is not up to date and won't show true right switches. You need to use multi wi conf or naze32 aio from me. Switch are now dynamic so.....

I Use MultiWiiWinGui 2.1
But i understand that this version isn't the right version anymore.

i'll download multi wi conf or naze32 ai.

thx for the info

Edit.
That really is a nice piece of software you have writen.
thx

nicog

Post by nicog »

thank you. you have the latest right? the one I made on 10 october or so... You should have a dropdown list with baud rates next to com...

JUERGEN_

Post by JUERGEN_ »

nicog wrote:thank you. you have the latest right? the one I made on 10 october or so... You should have a dropdown list with baud rates next to com...

UPDATE 28/7/2012.
:?: :evil:
direct link?

;)

tcarnal

Post by tcarnal »

nicog wrote:thank you. you have the latest right? the one I made on 10 october or so... You should have a dropdown list with baud rates next to com...

Yep did a search in this topic and found a direct link.

thx

Gaijin

Post by Gaijin »

So,

in a time before MWii forums I ordered a HC-SRF04 cheapo ultrasonic sensor with a view to hooking it up but never got round to it.

Can anyone sum up what I need to do to get it integrated, I believe I need to add some resistors in line with the Echo / trigger lines?

If It helps I am using PPM Sum, Camera gimbal, GPS and a Hexacopter, which Pins are we looking at (I know I don't really need it but hey it's an easy addition)

By the way, I don't know exactly what's changed in the last 3 months but after an update to r231 my Hex is completely transformed, it flies beautifully and reliably, level really works, even GPS is now working perfectly, thanks TC and by extension the MWii team
Last edited by Gaijin on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

360walt

Post by 360walt »

I was wondering if someone could share what rate and expo they use. Right now my stock setup seems way to aggresive.I am mainly shooting video and the sticks are way to touchy.

LeoWie

Post by LeoWie »

360walt wrote:I was wondering if someone could share what rate and expo they use. Right now my stock setup seems way to aggresive.I am mainly shooting video and the sticks are way to touchy.

I use about Expo 60% on 2 D/R switches (windy: off, no wind: on) on my TX's

ruffster

Post by ruffster »

Flying wing problem - I've flashed R234 to acro naze.

Looks OK in GUI and the servos do the expected by TX movements or reacting to the wing being moved. Can enable angle mode by switch with red LED illuminating etc. Just can't get the board to arm ('ARM' doesn't turn green and throttle doesn't get passed to motor in the GUI) either by TX sticks or by ARM aux switch set up in the GUI. Same TX etc is all fine on my rev4 Y6copter. Is there something else I should be setting via the CLI because its a wing?

Thanks for the rctimer GPS recommendation for the Y6copter the other week; I've got it installed just waiting for some nice weather to try it out...

360walt

Post by 360walt »

LeoWie wrote:
360walt wrote:I was wondering if someone could share what rate and expo they use. Right now my stock setup seems way to aggresive.I am mainly shooting video and the sticks are way to touchy.

I use about Expo 60% on 2 D/R switches (windy: off, no wind: on) on my TX's

So you only use expo on tx? what about in gui is there anything i should adjust there to tame down

Thanks

Count

Post by Count »

ruffster wrote:Flying wing problem - I've flashed R234 to acro naze.

Looks OK in GUI and the servos do the expected by TX movements or reacting to the wing being moved. Can enable angle mode by switch with red LED illuminating etc. Just can't get the board to arm ('ARM' doesn't turn green and throttle doesn't get passed to motor in the GUI) either by TX sticks or by ARM aux switch set up in the GUI. Same TX etc is all fine on my rev4 Y6copter. Is there something else I should be setting via the CLI because its a wing?

Thanks for the rctimer GPS recommendation for the Y6copter the other week; I've got it installed just waiting for some nice weather to try it out...

Since the Naze32 does not do anything to the throttle in flying wing mode, why don´t you connect the ESC directly to your receiver`s throttle channel?

ruffster

Post by ruffster »

Count wrote:Since the Naze32 does not do anything to the throttle in flying wing mode, why don´t you connect the ESC directly to your receiver`s throttle channel?

Using the Frsky 4ch with PPM... :)

timecop

Post by timecop »

Is the model moving? Does green led stay on?
Then you can't arm until it's settled.

LeoWie

Post by LeoWie »

Now my Folding Frame Copter has a stabilzed + controlled cam: http://youtu.be/qOa0qFWsyak . :)

Copter: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2660 , mods: now Tgy Plush ESC's, 5Ah UBEC (so only ESC's signal/white connected to FC) + 9CH DSM2 RX with sumsignal converter http://tt-rc.ath.cx/SHOP/ITEM-10 . Weight now is 1230/1300g (Lipo 3S 2200/3000mAh with Cam).

Edit: later attachement has better P+D values (for this lightweight copter).

All CLI changes see attachment:
Attachments
CLI_r234_Naze32_Folding_Frame_Copter_CFK_610mm_Cam_Stab_Control_20121104.zip
(1.2 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
CLI_r234_Naze32_Folding_Frame_Copter_CFK_610mm_Cam_Stab_Control_20121101.zip
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Last edited by LeoWie on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

abormor

Post by abormor »

Thank you nicog! I am using 2 for rc rate and 0,36 for roll and pitch rate, I think I need more yaw rate and going to push that up. I would like more speed when yaw turn, is that correct?

stanleyy

Post by stanleyy »

hi guys,
I just got the latest version of Naze32 board... I have created a project in IAR Workbench, recompiled everything, fixed flash loader settings and it appears to be working.
The problem is that I can't access magnetometer. It seems it is not responding to given I2C address. All the other sensors are working great (MPU6050, baro, freescale accelerometer).
Does someone have an idea what could be wrong? Could it be that magneto is damaged on my board?
Thanks!
Greetings from Slovakia

djrm

Post by djrm »

Greetings stanleyy,
I'm sorry I have no idea what could be wrong with your board or project, does it work with the stock pre-compiled hex baseflight file?
My real reason for my message is to ask if you would please share your IAR project files, I've been meaning to make on myself for a while but have not got around to it yet. I did manage to make a working project using Coo ide but I would prefer to use IAR.
Best regards, David.

stanleyy

Post by stanleyy »

Hi David,
I tested the stock firmware only once, before I recompiled my own.. But as far as I remember, I didn't see "mag" in the multiwii gui.. So I guess it was never working ...
I have packed all the files generated by IAR, you can find in in the attachment. Just do a checkout of the latest baseflight from the svn, and copy the content of attached zip file into that directory. Then open the baseflight.eww from IAR and try to compile & flash it.

If this won't work, I can give you the whole zipped directory... I am very happy with this environment, compilation and flashing is very fast and simple. I am using a cheap STM Discovery board as SWD debugger, but I am sure any other SWD debugger would work. Enjoy!
Attachments
baseflight.zip
iar patch
(33.33 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

timecop

Post by timecop »

Mag on white boards is tested and works when shipped. Also any firmware preloaded would be whatever is latest at the time of shipping, and all sensors are confirmed to work at that time.

I've seen mag not working if CPU is overclocked - for example if your startup files screw up the PLL setup.
The board can run at 128MHz but I2C becomes too fast for the mag at that point.

Check the 'status' command in CLI and see if you're actually running at 72MHz, and if not, fix it.

stanleyy

Post by stanleyy »

hi timecop, thanks for reply.. it was running on 72mhz.. I also don't think it is hw issue, I see no reason why it would die or something.. I wanted only to confirm whether the I2C address is still the same (some chips can have different i2c addresses, I thought this could be the case ...)
I was also surprised that the default settings on the board set accelerometer mode to "auto detect" and then freescale acc is used instead of the one from 6050... (I am not complaining, I was just surprised :). Otherwise the board looks very good, I was very happy when I got it from Japan so quickly!

timecop

Post by timecop »

You can see the mag connection in schematic, and the address listed on top of drv_hmc5883 is the one used.
Besides, the mag can only have one address - 0x3C.

I suggest trying svn firmware (see 1st post) to confirm everything is working before loading your own - in case there is some timing/etc issue with code built with IAR.

Re not using MPU6k accel, yeah, it sucks.

stanleyy

Post by stanleyy »

I will try to flash your default firmware tomorrow... Although I didn't change anything in the code (except of creating configurations for IAR), it could really be some compilation issue. Thanks for your valuable input.

Matze

Post by Matze »

Hi,

at first many thanks to Timecop for this great board!

My question:

I have now two Naze32 boards, one of the first revision and since yesterday one of the new white boards.

I have used the "old" board on several very stiff frames, from a very small Quadro with 5" props up to a big Hexa. On all frames i had to go up very high with the D on Roll and Pitch (approx between 45 and 55). Without going that high the Multicopters had a very strange wag after each stick inputt (as if the copter had to work against a rubber band, hard to describe). With my PIDs now on 4,0/0,05/45 the "old" Naze32 is now working great on a 30 cm Quadro.

Yesterday I have received the new white board and build it on a small Hexa (approx. 25 Motor-Motor distance). Same problem, had to raise D on roll and pitch up to 55 to get rid of the wag (Roll/Pitch now on 4,0/0,05/55).

All these frames (very stiff, build of Aluminium profiles) have been used with several other FC (Flyduino Mega Board and KK boards) in the standard range of 4/0,05/25 without this wag.

Any info if such high D is normal with the Naze32 or what my problem could be?

Regards

Matze

timecop

Post by timecop »

set looptime to 3000-3500

Matze

Post by Matze »

Hi,

timecop wrote:set looptime to 3000-3500

Thanks. I have set looptime now to 3000 and a first test with D lowered down to 28 showed no wag.
Will test it outside as soon as the weather allows.

Thanks again!

Regards

Matze

mindthomas

Sudden motor failure

Post by mindthomas »

I have had quite a few good flights with the Naze32 board and the latest baseflight version until now.
Unfortunately something strange happened in the end of an otherwise good flight.
After having flown about 15-20 minutes all the motors suddenly stop working and the Quadcopter falls to the ground.

A video of the crash can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/embed/N9fclMezAqA

Any suggestions to why this happened?
As this doesn't make me feel very safe with the Quadcopter if these unexpected motor shut-offs can happen unintentionally.
Especially it doesn't make me feel any less nervous about flying FPV.