Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Adicakes

Re: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by Adicakes »

timecop wrote:are you running latest fw.
there was some servo offset fix lately.
but I think that was for planes only.

I updated via Baselight GUI, reconfigured by settings as before, and now the RX switch works. :) For the record, I tried replicating my quad multirotor setups by setting the mixer to quadx, and in that configuration the RX switch worked -- so it was something to do with the tricopter mix.

Curiously, Baseflight reported that I had firmware v2.3 before the update, and now it still reports v2.3 as the firmware version. Are there minor point updates?

timecop

Post by timecop »

'version' in cli reports build date. 2.3 is for "multiwii protocol" version, which doesn't change.

sentinel

Post by sentinel »

What's the recommended way to solder wires onto the Afro power board? Wire through the holes from top or bottom, and then solder on both sides? Anyone have any pictures of how they prefer to do it?

(Sorry a bit off topic but figured this was the best place to get answers from people with related experience)

alistairr

Post by alistairr »

I updated via Baselight GUI, reconfigured by settings as before, and now the RX switch works. :) For the record, I tried replicating my quad multirotor setups by setting the mixer to quadx, and in that configuration the RX switch worked -- so it was something to do with the tricopter mix.

I might give this another try. When I set gimbal flags to 4 on my tricopter it made the tail servo twitch and no outputs on the pins 5 to 8. I ended up changing the rx to an X8R and ran directly from rx.

aBUGSworstnightmare

Post by aBUGSworstnightmare »

rortega wrote:Timecop, I have a question about developing. Doy you use Keil uVision IDE or Eclipse itself, or eclipse with the plugin for working with uvproj projects? I need the PSN serial number of a product to get the license needed to be able to compile more than 32kb from uVision IDE. What kind of product? One ARM procesor for example?

I know how to compile from command line or eclipse with GNU tool chains for ARM (I'm a Linux user, but the baseflight master repository in github is commited as a uvproject, so every thing would be easier if I have a fully functional keil uVision IDE.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

Hi,

have you seen this thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4269

It shows you how to configure Keil uVision to use GCC compiler/linker --> no more 32kB limit when compiling (no debugging support so far!).

aBUGSworstnightmare

P.S. always be careful when testing new firmware!!!

rortega

Post by rortega »

Thanks about the info.

Yesterday I installed all necessary plugins in eclipse and now I can compile well. I'm waiting the a link device for debugging, and I think in a few days will be ready for "developing".  If I find obstacles with debugging in eclipse I'll try that option. Long time ago, I was a assembler programmer for z80, 8080, 386, 486... and in my actual job I use C in some proyects. But by now, I must read lot of specs about cortex procesor for learning. I have some crazy ideas for NAZE32 and would like to implement them while learning about this platform, and if possible, to contribute with the community.

joseico90

Post by joseico90 »

The naze 32 rocks!

This controller is the best I've flown so far, good job TC :)

joseico90

Post by joseico90 »

Enjoying this FC very much, see video below, thank you.

http://youtu.be/gtBOSpcga3o

Scott

Post by Scott »

How do you wire a s-bus rx to the naze32? I have it wired into the #1 input.

Inverter is working and I have serial rx feature set and serialrx_type =2 set in cli.

What am I doing wrong?

timecop

Post by timecop »

You need it going to RC4 or RC5 (whatever pin, its same as spektrum RX pin), not RC1.

Scott

Post by Scott »

timecop wrote:You need it going to RC4 or RC5 (whatever pin, its same as spektrum RX pin), not RC1.

It's working! Thanks TC.

teslahed

Post by teslahed »

joseico90 wrote:Enjoying this FC very much, see video below, thank you.

http://youtu.be/gtBOSpcga3o

NOOOO you put it on a DJI frame!!!

You warranty is now void and Timecop is about to start frothing at the mouth if he isn't already :shock:

mmon77

Post by mmon77 »

I'm pretty sure it's a clone

marcelokron

Post by marcelokron »

Hi guys just bought naz32 acro pink... and i have made all settings but when I put the roll stick to the right i got it arm and full left disarm... also works with the yaw like the manual...
what could be wrong?
do you guys have any tips?
regards

timecop

Post by timecop »

You enabled retarded_arm setting?

marcelokron

Post by marcelokron »

Hi Timecop! Thank you!
yes enable
I do not know if can have something related to this but I use mode 1 on my RC

timecop

Post by timecop »

So disable it.
Problem solved.

marcelokron

Post by marcelokron »

Thank you!! I really appreciate your help a the swift replay!!
now time to go to the first flight!
best regards

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Hi guys,

I love my Naze32 boards. They are very easy to set up with Baseflight. Changing params with the CLI is brilliant. The sensors are good. I have 2 boards set up with GPS, 3DR telem or BT and even Rush OSD ... Now I'm trying to connect a ReadytoFly (witespyquads) LED RING. It is powered via the output pins (5V), the sda and scl leads are soldered to the tabs underneath the board and LED_RING feature is enabled ... the led ring stays in 'navigation mode' and does not react to different flight modes. Has anyone encountered this problem ? Any help would be much appreciated.

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

While I am on the I2C subject is there anything special to set if I am going to use an external MAG (with GPS) with my ACRO NAZE ? or is it as simple as powering the MAG with 3.3 V and connecting sda and scl under the board ? (from what I understand, Timecop does not use GPS, but it would be useful for the 'GPS users' to make the 3.3 V hole spacing wider to permit the use of standard header pins - just a suggestion).

timecop

Post by timecop »

Nobody have ever used ledring code. Is it even being compiled by default?
No idea on external mag, it doesn't solve any problems.

aBUGSworstnightmare

Post by aBUGSworstnightmare »

timecop wrote:No idea on external mag, it doesn't solve any problems.

Hi timecop,

sorry to say but I think you're wrong on this! Interested in seeing a boring Naze32 Acro + 'GNNS Seeker' DGPS video. It demonstrates the use of a differential GPS (some lines of code needed to be added) + external MAG with one of your latest Baseflight releases. The board uses an Honeywell HMC5883L - embedded in the STM LSM303DLHC - in this demonstration.

I've developed the 'GNNS Seeker' to add some your sensors to my 'Pink Pu**y' (sorry, couldn't resist) Naze32 Acro boards. Here are some more pics of the board and the setup.

All I/O were on the lower side of the board.

Detail shot of the I2C header. I also take power (5V) from these connectors (+ from BUZZ and GND from VBAT connector; custom cable to prevent plugging it the wrong way round).

Acro Naze32 mounted below the 'GNNS seeker' board.

Test setup from above. Red led flashing --> GPS lock!

Curious of what you get?
gpspassthough enabled --> 10 GPS sats (blue) and 5 GLONASS sats (green) used for positioning, with 4 additional sats in sight.

The video demonstrates what's going on when you flick the GPSHOLD switch.

aBUGSworstnightmare

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

Nice !
I like the way you hacked your pink p**** board.

wuudogg

Post by wuudogg »

I have gotten both a ublox 6M GPS and Spektrum Satellite Receiver to work independently.

Is there a way to use both together as they both default to use RC Input Pins 3 and 4?

Thanks

timecop

Post by timecop »

I sure hope not.

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

timecop wrote:Nobody have ever used ledring code. Is it even being compiled by default?

Well : 'is it even a being compiled by default?' ... ?? It is used on Multiwii boards and it is activated with #define LED_RING ... so I guess i'm not the only one to use it ... the question is : how is it implemented in Baseflight ? ... it's a I2C device and Baseflight is a port of Multiwii ... I think my question makes sense.

As for the external MAG, that is the route taken by APM2.6 and other developers. Could they ALL be wrong ?

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

ccsj wrote:Yes. Looks like I’m one of those fuckers who manages to fuck up the Naze. It got fried the night I added the HK EOSD to the hex. My FPV gear runs of the filter output. I simply solder additional connector onto the LC filter to accommodate the OSD. After I’m done with OSD installation, I plug flight battery and that’s when I notice no start up sequence beeping. This was my old OSD that works before. I tried plugging in my spare acro naze to USB and that starts up fine so I swap out the fucked up NAZE32 with ACRO NAZE and it starts up with flight battery. Then I proceed to configure the ACRO NAZE and now it flies fine with it. I don’t use BEC in my set up. I noticed thought that on the day before it fried, the telemetry VBAT was giving bogus value intermitently (<10V) - that's why I added the OSD back in. With ACRO NAZE set up, so far OSD is solid. I turned off telemetry warning.

Blackout mini hex
SS2204 2300KV motors
12A ESC simonk 9-30-12
Single 3S battery set up
Frsky D4RII PPM
buzzer
Naze had PPM enabled, VBAT, telemetry, HEX6X, gimbal flag = 4, all PIDs, throttle setting left at default
SC2000 PZ camera
LC filter
808#16D
600mw immersion vtx

Oh man, you made me laugh ! ... I guess I'm also one of those fuckers ready to push the envelope and try new things ... and in the process, sometimes, a board or two will become 'fucked up' ... but, wait a minute, isn't that the essence of open source ? Hacking, pushing the envelope, doing things that the original (often brilliant) developers haven't thought about ? Where would Naze32 be without Multiwii ? Would there be Multiwii without Arduino ? And isn't Arduino totally open source ? ...

timecop

Post by timecop »

leocopter wrote:
timecop wrote:Nobody have ever used ledring code. Is it even being compiled by default?

Well : 'is it even a being compiled by default?' ... ?? It is used on Multiwii boards and it is activated with #define LED_RING ... so I guess i'm not the only one to use it ... the question is : how is it implemented in Baseflight ? ... it's a I2C device and Baseflight is a port of Multiwii ... I think my question makes sense.

As for the external MAG, that is the route taken by APM2.6 and other developers. Could they ALL be wrong ?

I added ledring support as a joke but it seems it actually is not covered by #defines.
so feature led_ring should do it, but again, i have no idea whether it actualyl works or not since I never used it.

and yes, properly calibrated / temperature compensated gyro alone is sufficient to keep heading after initial rough heading determination by mag, as well as augmented by GPS heading in fast forward flight.

cGiesen

Post by cGiesen »

Month ago I give LEDRing on Baseflight a try.
Didn't work.

timecop

Post by timecop »

Why didn't you find out why and submit a patch? :)

elliott000

Post by elliott000 »

Hey guys, Ive been over at fpvlab for the most part but figured Id try here since in my searching on google had most of the hits in this thread.... Anyhow, what I have is the acro naze or naze justr depends on which one I install but I want to get GPS going on it. I have an Eagle tree v4 gps module and I see some guys have gotten the naze working to get data from it but it sounds as it was still connected to eagle tree. I want to know what I can do to get the eagletree gps module working standalone with Naze32 as my eagltree went tits up and Im done with them anyways....
Thanks

timecop

Post by timecop »

It's a MTK GPS.
I have one laying here, but I dunno the pinout. It's 4 wires. Also I dunno if mine works. I don't see anything special on the board other than a led and some voltage regulation stuff, so it should just output nmea over serial - so nmea gps type and try autodetect baud rate - should work.

edit: my pinout was wrong, see below post
Last edited by timecop on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

elliott000

Post by elliott000 »

From Billpa on RCG... eagltree guy, incase anyone else was wondering the pinout
The required pinout, from left to right, is:

Power (red wire on our GPS)
Ground
TX (data sent to GPS)
RX (data received from GPS, brown wire on our GPS)

Here is the required programming for the GPS:

* baud rate: 38400, N, 8, 1

timecop

Post by timecop »

OK, that explains it. well, then it should "just work" if you hook it up like that.

strepto

Post by strepto »

Hi all, quick Q.

Is there a way to set the max tilt angle in atti mode? I think it's set to about 55 degrees but I would like 90...

Apologies if this is answered somewhere else but I couldn't find and reference here or in the cli commands...

timecop

Post by timecop »

Code: Select all

// 50 degrees max inclination
errorAngle = constrain(2 * rcCommand[axis] + GPS_angle[axis], -500, +500) - angle[axis] + cfg.angleTrim[axis];

probably not a bad idea to make that configurable..

elliott000

Post by elliott000 »

am I missing something, I cant get the gps indicator on lol.... i have all the cli setup for what i think are the coprrect things but how do I enable the gps feature.

Nevermind. im a bonehead
Last edited by elliott000 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

strepto

Post by strepto »

Thanks TC. A couple of cli variables would be great, if you or someone else gets a chance.

timecop

Post by timecop »

strepto wrote:Thanks TC. A couple of cli variables would be great, if you or someone else gets a chance.

i added max_angle_inclination or something, its in deci-degrees, so 500 = 50", range from 100 to 900 (10..90deg).
Carefully try it out, completely untested.

strepto

Post by strepto »

Cool, I'll give it a bash when I get a chance. Thanks again!

cGiesen

Post by cGiesen »

timecop wrote:Why didn't you find out why and submit a patch? :)

Why feed a dead horse?

timecop

Post by timecop »

Not sure what you're trying to say here.
If code has ledring and it doesn't work (and I have no hardware to test with), it should either be fixed or removed.

cGiesen

Post by cGiesen »

timecop wrote:Not sure what you're trying to say here.
If code has ledring and it doesn't work (and I have no hardware to test with), it should either be fixed or removed.

Your words: "Remove all that fucking shit! Who needs LEDs?"

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

cGiesen wrote:
timecop wrote:Not sure what you're trying to say here.

Your words: "Remove all that fucking shit! Who needs LEDs?"

I guess that if all you want to do with your copter is flip it around, then who needs those f***ing LEDS ? ... but if you want to activate different flight modes (Baro, GPS RTH, GPS Hold, etc . - for example if you want to do FPV) then the LED ring starts making a lot more sense. I use it in Multiwii and find it useful. The Naze32 is a superior board so why not implement all the features of Multiwii ?

the-kenny

Post by the-kenny »

leocopter wrote:I guess that if all you want to do with your copter is flip it around, then who needs those f***ing LEDS ? ... but if you want to activate different flight modes (Baro, GPS RTH, GPS Hold, etc . - for example if you want to do FPV) then the LED ring starts making a lot more sense. I use it in Multiwii and find it useful. The Naze32 is a superior board so why not implement all the features of Multiwii ?

Oh yes, LEDring is super useful when wearing goggles for FPV. Where do you have the LEDs? In front of the camera? OSD might do a better job here.

The reason not to port *every* feature to baseflight is that it's work. It's much work, and people do it for free. Because of this, people tend to work on the stuff they want/need.

cGiesen

Post by cGiesen »

I buy LEDRing minimum a year ago.
When I hold this fuck in hand, I see, there is no way to mount!

No 45mm x 45mm and no 36mm x 36mm holes.
Something full untypical holes.
In this moment, the LEDRing are dead for me.

strepto

Post by strepto »

timecop wrote:i added max_angle_inclination or something, its in deci-degrees, so 500 = 50", range from 100 to 900 (10..90deg).
Carefully try it out, completely untested.

Tried it out today set to 900. Seems to work ok - had a weird thing happen the first time I pointed it straight down/forward - it did a full roll spontaneously. Mag was on so maybe it had something to do with that?

Anyway I'm not really that bothered, it seems to work as designed. I might have to add some expo as with the bigger tilt angle atti seems a bit more twitchy.

cGiesen wrote:I buy LEDRing minimum a year ago.

I realise english isn't your first language, but that reads almost like poetry to me... sort of Haiku-like ;)

leocopter

Post by leocopter »

The ones I have from ReadytoFLy (Witespy) have 45 X 45 mm holes. Anyway its really not important. Thanks for the work you guys are doing on Baseflight. It's powerful yet simple to use.

raulmd

Post by raulmd »

Hia

How can i enable low voltage buzzer?
- I can switch it on/off with one of my RC channels but I want it to work as a low voltage alarm. Any command should be sent to enable this function?

Thanks.

cGiesen

Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by cGiesen »

leocopter wrote:

The ones I have from ReadytoFLy (Witespy) have 45 X 45 mm holes. Anyway its really not important. Thanks for the work you guys are doing on Baseflight. It's powerful yet simple to use.

I have the original one. Yours is an clone. A better clone, perhaps ;)