Naze32 hardware discussion thread

tedious

Re: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by tedious »

I am having an issue with bluetooth... I purchased a bluetooth adapter pre-configured for multiwii

If i connect the bluetooth tx module to the naze32 before connecting in android, all lights on the naze32 go solid..... then nothing

If i wait until i'm connected in the app, then connect the tx line. then i can read values, etc......

Also, when i disconnect in the app, the lights all go solid until i power cycle the copter...

this makes no sense, what am i missing? Please help me out.

:lol: :? Go figure.... Fried the bluetooth by reversing polalarity...... better luck next time
Last edited by tedious on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

nicog

Post by nicog »

what app?
what firmware?

tedious

Post by tedious »

nicog wrote:what app?
what firmware?

Naze32 Configurator v1.49 (61)

Latest fw r302

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

Crashpilot1000 wrote:@TC: I WANT YOUR OSD :) !

There's OSD?! Other than mobiDrone or MinimOSD? Do tell.

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

His ODS is called "OSDONGS". These Ascii C64 style osds are doing their job, but having real gfx is nicer. There is a video on TCs' youtubechannel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkXtMqmPFTg&.

timecop

Post by timecop »

And that's fairly old vid, fiendie had some nicer looking stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch0yUOmRU6M
Too bad hardware needs changes and I'm too busy/lazy.

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

Well that is just like foreplay without the sex.

AnthonysQuad

Post by AnthonysQuad »

Hi i have a 808#16 Lens D Camera which has a option of powering it threw a usb cabel.Naze32 has a usb on it so i was wondering if i could use that to power the camera since it doesnt draw much power but i know bluetooth is used for makeing setting and i think it might mess something up somehow.Maybe the usb can be used to power other things somehow by adding code orcommadlines.Maybe haveing a option to do that is possible....i thought it be worth bringing up.

ReadError

Post by ReadError »

AnthonysQuad wrote:Hi i have a 808#16 Lens D Camera which has a option of powering it threw a usb cabel.Naze32 has a usb on it so i was wondering if i could use that to power the camera since it doesnt draw much power but i know bluetooth is used for makeing setting and i think it might mess something up somehow.Maybe the usb can be used to power other things somehow by adding code orcommadlines.Maybe haveing a option to do that is possible....i thought it be worth bringing up.

SERIOUSLY? :roll:

AnthonysQuad

Post by AnthonysQuad »

It never hurts to ask a question.Im new and thought id ask."Seriously" ......well i dont understand what thats soupposed to mean.Will it work or not?

timecop

Post by timecop »

Let's assume for a second it would work (it wouldn't), where are you going to find a USB cable like that?

AnthonysQuad

Post by AnthonysQuad »

The 808 comes with a usb that plugs into its side.I can power it somewhere else i guess

Count

Post by Count »

tedious wrote:I am having an issue with bluetooth... I purchased a bluetooth adapter pre-configured for multiwii

If i connect the bluetooth tx module to the naze32 before connecting in android, all lights on the naze32 go solid..... then nothing

If i wait until i'm connected in the app, then connect the tx line. then i can read values, etc......

Also, when i disconnect in the app, the lights all go solid until i power cycle the copter...

this makes no sense, what am i missing? Please help me out.

:lol: :? Go figure.... Fried the bluetooth by reversing polalarity...... better luck next time

I had the exact same problem (before I fried mine too :lol: ). I used a preconfigured module from flyduino.net. I tested the module with hercules to hercules and putty to putty and it worked, but the module sends status messages through its serial port. The first message is "+Ready to pair". Notice the capital "R"? Tada, three solid LEDs.

dominicclifton

Post by dominicclifton »

i'm pretty sure there's an AT command you can issue to the bluetooth adapter to prevent it from sending a status message on power up. not sure what the command is for your module though.

Count

Post by Count »

I tried to access the module with AT commands, but it would not respond. Not with hercules nor with putty. But it is dead now anyways.

AnthonysQuad

Post by AnthonysQuad »

Naze32 still in shiping.Will i need frsky telemetry adapter chip from abusemark to run frsky D8R-2?

Is naze32 shiped with buzzer and baro?

Does anyone know the most current ublox out?

Willing to buy a case for naze32 if anyone has extra.

timecop

Post by timecop »

No, you can make your own.

AnthonysQuad

Post by AnthonysQuad »

I guess your talking about the frsky adapter.Man i have so many differnt things to learn its hard to keep up.I rather just buy one from your store along with a buzzer.I think i read the naze comes with a baro now but in the first few posts of this thread it didnt.I need a case also but thats the least of my worrys.
Still wondering what the best version of ublox is.Theres a couple out i think neo,lea,cirus.Maybe a link to a plate for removing gps interference or a package that includes that along woth antenna for it.
Last edited by AnthonysQuad on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

timecop

Post by timecop »

I would suggest learning to fly first.
You don't need GPS or Baro for that.

nicog

Post by nicog »

Come on Tony, why don't you do some learning before posting?

Naze32 has allways been shipped with baro, there is a striped version named acronaze (but you don't know that). Are you sure, you read this or whatever post about the naze32 hardware? Doesn't seem like.
You need to buy a separate buzzer, and install it. So, maybe is a difcult task and someone should reference it with images so you can just copy that.

The frsky Telemetry adaptor, what do you think is for? Did you read what it means? Did you went to the adaptor page, and read all the words in there, did you looked at the images? Then you have your answer. Yes you need that to connect telemetry.
For gps, do a search in a place called google. It should give you the right answer.

For the case, buy a 3d printer and print yourself one perfect naze case. Feel free to have fun with it.

"Man i have so many differnt things to learn its hard to keep up". Go study!!! Internet is a gold mine of data, but maybe you are too lazy to do the search and read?

AnthonysQuad

Post by AnthonysQuad »

Last edited by AnthonysQuad on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnthonysQuad

Post by AnthonysQuad »

I dont know what teltmety is at this second but i think i pushed it to the back of my list because i think it has to do with fpv and i dont plan flying fpv yet.So i have my receiver in and i dont want to have a problem setting things up.

A few pages back theres a link that is most likely the current version of ublox but im douple checking.I have to read up on settings for that so i defintely dont want to read old stuff.

Ive already searched around for a buzzer but im just makeing sure it doesnt come with one.You would think people selling buzzers would add a media file.

If i post here its uasually to double check things or just get a straight answer because at least youguys ...im confident know what the hells going on.Sifting threw google doesnt give me that confidence.

tedious

Post by tedious »

you don't need to concern with Baro, GPS, or telemetry right now.

read more, ask less.

mulou

Post by mulou »

I got an acronaze32 from timecop's shop a few days ago. It's my first naze32, I've never had one before.

I loaded it with the latest baseflight, started multiwii conf and saw that:
- accelerometers numbers keep changing like crazy
- gyro numbers stay at 0

I tried reset, default, calibration, reflash, etc, nothing works.

This board has never been plugged with reverse polarity or what not (pretty hard to plug the USB reverse anyway :-)
My solder points for the pins look pretty much fine and correct. No contacts between pins or anything like that of course.

Am I missing something, Am I totally stupid, or is the board defective somehow?

thanks

timecop

Post by timecop »

Everything is tested and loaded with latest baseflight before leaving here.
So I'm not sure what "latest" you loaded it with.
Required software versions are listed in 1st post.

mulou

Post by mulou »

I used http://code.google.com/p/afrodevices/do ... 06.zipfrom first post actually. (yeah i read stuff, although I should have tried before flashing maybe, but I doubt it'd have made a difference :-)
I just want confirmation that the board isn't supposed to behave that way and that the MPU6050 is probably dead - maybe in transport. For the price of the board I'm not gonna complain.. sending it back would probably be as expensive as getting a new one. I just wanna make sure it's really dead and that its not just me.

Thanks

timecop

Post by timecop »

It's not "dead from transport".
Latest firmware is always here:
https://code.google.com/p/afrodevices/s ... ight%2Fobj
These things are tested and if it was dead, it wouldn't have been shipped.

timecop

Post by timecop »

Also, you probably want to erase all flash when downgrading from "current" flashed fw and whatever outdated link is in downloads. Anyhow, contact the place you got it in w/a order# and you'll have a replacement on the way.

nicog

Post by nicog »

I had like a lot of board from timecop, never had any problem with transport.

the only time i kiled a board, is when i crash big time. What do you mean by strange data on graph, post a video image anything that shows that.

ABL

Post by ABL »

Did you typed 'defaults' after reflashing?
How much they're changing:
accelerometers numbers keep changing like crazy

If it's in -5...5 range on desk - it's OK, but if they're changing -200...200 - it's not good.
Also, any aditional filters? Do you see i2c errors on MultiWiiConf?

mulou

Post by mulou »

timecop wrote:It's not "dead from transport".
Latest firmware is always here:
https://code.google.com/p/afrodevices/s ... ight%2Fobj
These things are tested and if it was dead, it wouldn't have been shipped.

i tried this as well, same results. I used the option to erase all flash every time.
Accl crazy values (even when on the ground not moving), gyro always zero.
I don't know what may have happened to the board. I trust you when you say you test them all and it worked when you shipped it.
If I did something wrong to it, and maybe I did, but I just don't know what it is.

I therefore just want to know if it's dead, so that I stop trying if that's the case. I'm highly suspecting it's dead, but meh, I don't know for sure.

Here's a video of me flashing the above version of baseflight, then connecting to the board with multiwiiconf. At the end I'm moving the board physically, seems to affect the accls, but not really the way I expect it, and gyros stay zero. There is nothing connected to the board, except USB. Video: https://mega.co.nz/#!fpxgyBbA!flHoKnSic ... FudGSfR6oM

I bought the board here (I believe it's timecop's ie your shop?) http://abusemark.com/store/index.php?ma ... ucts_id=38
Invoice ID: 1488-1364501676-[AbuseMarK]

Thanks for your help.

ABL

Post by ABL »

Interesting issue!
Did you tried to power board from ESC?

masam54

Post by masam54 »

@mulou
Normally after flashing fw, I would power cycle the board. Then run the gui. HTH.

timecop

Post by timecop »

mulou wrote:Thanks for your help.

looks dead, toss it and wait for replacement in the mail.

mulou

Post by mulou »

Thanks for your reply and wow, I didn't really expect a replacement, many thanks, that makes my day!
I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I get it. I'm guessing it'll just work tho. :)

AnthonysQuad

Post by AnthonysQuad »

I wacthed a video and if i understand it correctly it possible to power flight controlers in flight with only one bec connected to fc for power.So im asking if its possible to do with this flight controller.So i have four escs and ill just use one of these Imageto power the FC.The othere escs i will trim one wire off the bec since they are unneeded.i forget which one i have to trim off.
Ok now i have this usb cord from my 808 camera :P
Image it fits in nicely.I am just double checking it is a acctable usb to power from a computer. ImageEdit.i guess removeing the positve wire for 3 esc should be ok but should i do that at anytime or after the board is set up.Simon k is already on escs.

ReadError

Post by ReadError »

Amazing, tell me more about this.

AnthonysQuad wrote:I wacthed a video and if i understand it correctly it possible to power flight controlers in flight with only one bec connected to fc for power.So im asking if its possible to do with this flight controller.So i have four escs and ill just use one of these Imageto power the FC.The othere escs i will trim one wire off the bec since they are unneeded.i forget which one i have to trim off.
Ok now i have this usb cord from my 808 camera :P
Image it fits in nicely.I am just double checking it is a acctable usb to power from a computer. ImageEdit.i guess removeing the positve wire for 3 esc should be ok but should i do that at anytime or after the board is set up.Simon k is already on escs.

z01z

Post by z01z »

AnthonysQuad wrote:I wacthed a video and if i understand it correctly it possible to power flight controlers in flight with only one bec connected to fc for power.So im asking if its possible to do with this flight controller.So i have four escs and ill just use one of these to power the FC.The othere escs i will trim one wire off the bec since they are unneeded.i forget which one i have to trim off.

Yes, it's possible.
Remove the red wire from the connector in your first picture by lifting the tab and pulling the wire back. Then insulate the contact with a piece of heat shrink tube.

AnthonysQuad

Post by AnthonysQuad »

Ok is it ok to do that before i do anything with th fc?They are simon k and the fc just has latest baseflight.No computer right now so i thought id move to soldering.

ReadError

Post by ReadError »

:lol: :roll: :arrow: :o

duypham11

Post by duypham11 »

Hi All,

Does anyone try to reload bootloader?
I do not know why my Naze32 does not work so I tried to reload bootloader. But it could not complete. I soldered the bootloader pads, power then unshorted it, I used hercules to send R but 3 leds does not light, only blue. I used the flash tool, but it said the could not find bootloader start.
Does anyone have this issue? Please tell me how to fix this.

Thanks,
-Duy

timecop

Post by timecop »

Yeah, you didn't read the manual. That's your issue.
Read it again, and you will be enlightened. P.S. Bootloader is in ROM (you might want look that up), so it's not going to ever need to be "reloaded".
Last edited by timecop on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

duypham11

Post by duypham11 »

There is a little wrong in document. I could do this now. Do not unshort the bootloader pads until update firmware complete.
This could be updated:
"
3. After confirming that only POWER LED is ON, bootloader
pads can now be unshorted.
4. Proceed to ‘Firmware Update’ steps on next page.
"

timecop

Post by timecop »

It's not.
After having flashed more than a thousand of these, I would imagine what is written is right.

cGiesen

Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by cGiesen »

You only need to shorten the bootloader pads during power on.

AnthonysQuad

Post by AnthonysQuad »

Twezzers work as someone suggested

RonSII

Post by RonSII »

Not soldering them works best... as stated in the manual.

webunder

Post by webunder »

I'm very interesting in Naze32 board. But to read all 85 pages are not easy to me.
Can anyone tell me which page has an "index page" of best thing to read first? I want to set it up from nothing?!? I'm very newbie. need how to/(step by step) photo to start with..
Now what I already has is flysky th9x.. Then what should I buy? Anyone here can set it up and sell to me?I need to save my time, Please PM for any seller.

And I'm want to fly like warthox, So I will start with Naze32, Now I confused between
pitchpump.de/?p=1610 and abusemark.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30
how it different? is that possible to by from abusemark and update cc3d in it? will it be the same as from pitchpump or not?
To buy from abusemark are more cheaper for me.I need to fly 3d like upside down sometime. So please help me.
hope to get it clear here.

Thank you
best regards

RonSII

Post by RonSII »

Best thing to read first is probably around page 1 or so it covers all setup and other things you might want to know. :)

nicog

Post by nicog »

webunder wrote:I'm very interesting in Naze32 board. But to read all 85 pages are not easy to me.
Can anyone tell me which page has an "index page" of best thing to read first? I want to set it up from nothing?!? I'm very newbie. need how to/(step by step) photo to start with..
Now what I already has is flysky th9x.. Then what should I buy? Anyone here can set it up and sell to me?I need to save my time, Please PM for any seller.

And I'm want to fly like warthox, So I will start with Naze32, Now I confused between
pitchpump.de/?p=1610 and abusemark.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30
how it different? is that possible to by from abusemark and update cc3d in it? will it be the same as from pitchpump or not?
To buy from abusemark are more cheaper for me.I need to fly 3d like upside down sometime. So please help me.
hope to get it clear here.

Thank you
best regards

So it seems that you are not ready for 3d (fly upside down) yet. So you can forget about it right know. for the rest just read the manual. Either boards, pitchpump and abusemark are the same. Buy wether you prefer.

Why do you want to put the cc3d firmware? Yes you can, not documented, but you can.

First thing to do for you, is buy a rtf quad and start from ground 0. Flying experience will come with time and eventually you will fly like warthox (he is not a beginner, he has many many hours of flight time). So RTFM, fly a lot crash a lot. And when you feel confident, come back for 3d mods. Not now. You will just kill yourself.