Naze32 hardware discussion thread

zarkon

Re: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by zarkon »

ReadError wrote:Are there even supports for those arms? Take a side pic please.

hobbyking frame

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _KIT_.html

frame was using my old 1 years+ IOI mini 10DOF multiwii before replaced with naze32, props and motor a balanced quite well as I "almost" have flat line on the graph, FC are mounted on a 3 layer double sided foam which i have been using same method for almost a year or so for all my FC, I prefer this fiber glass frame rather than those plastic DJI frame

timecop

Post by timecop »

dunno , setup looks legit. are you taking off in gyro-only? and all settings are at defaults (reset to defaults from console)?

zarkon

Post by zarkon »

timecop wrote:dunno , setup looks legit. are you taking off in gyro-only? and all settings are at defaults (reset to defaults from console)?

yes taking off gyro mode only, all setting are default out of the box only thing i changed is the min throttle for ESC init, i give another reset and give it another round after this as cc3d are on the frame now, going off to do some fpv'ing :D

garbungel

Post by garbungel »

How can I change my servo travel to something else than default through the CLI. Is there something like minrc or maxrc command?

teslahed

Post by teslahed »

Zarkon - are those rctimer motors / props and prop adapters? If so I found the motors work ok but the collet type prop adapters they come with are quite low quality and tend to produce excessive vibrations.

Also the rctimer plastic props are about the worse of the cheap props I've tried and wont be helping you. Have you balanced the props at all?

timecop

Post by timecop »

garbungel wrote:How can I change my servo travel to something else than default through the CLI. Is there something like minrc or maxrc command?

well, there's servo min/max stuff for gimbal and tri servos, Ive been meaning to generalize all servos into a single array of stuff and make a proper command to configure them but for now this works. What do you need to change? I presume gimbal servos? thats servo_tilt_min/max/etc variables in cli.

garbungel

Post by garbungel »

Thanks for quick answer. I don't mean for my gimbal. I actually mean my RC control values. Currently with R251 when looking to the range used I see I have to configure my TX at maximum to get 950-2050us range, while in the GUI it seems I still don't reach the maximum of what the GUI shows. I was wondering if I can change this for all my controls like throttle, pitch, roll and yaw ofcourse to the range I actually want.

zarkon

Post by zarkon »

teslahed wrote:Zarkon - are those rctimer motors / props and prop adapters? If so I found the motors work ok but the collet type prop adapters they come with are quite low quality and tend to produce excessive vibrations.

Also the rctimer plastic props are about the worse of the cheap props I've tried and wont be helping you. Have you balanced the props at all?

not RCtimer motor, turnigy d2812 1100kv prop are gemfan, yes as i stated in my previous post both motor and props are balanced to near perfection

jseyfert3

Post by jseyfert3 »

Hopefully these aren't too much of noobish questions. First time I've posted about the controller, anyway. First off, it's my first quad, and I just got done building it (scratchbuilt). I flew it for the first time yesterday afternoon. Here it is, not the first flight, but the first battery still. Before this, I've flown a few airplanes and a Blade CX2, but not for 3 years or so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT4GtunipvA

I was surprised how stable it was from the go (piloting skills excluded). I didn't trim anything or touch the PID loop, it was using default settings. So, here we go:
  1. I double checked proper rotation, yet my roll and yaw both operated backwards. Not an issue, as I did careful first "hops" and servo reversing on the TX fixed that right away, but I was curious why they were operating backward in the first place with default settings.
  2. My transmitter is set to just under 1000 on the throttle, I believe, when all the way down. When armed, I noted that the motor outputs jump from 1000 to 1150, so I set the BLHeli firmware on the ESC lower throttle limit to 1152. This is the proper way to do it, right? Also, when level, the motor outputs were around 1830 when the throttle input was almost 1900. Tilting/moving the board could raise those higher, I saw 1860 or 1870, and by the bar graphs (I'm using MWC for this), it looks like they could go higher then the throttle setting, perhaps? What is the max output of the Naze32 to the ESC, i.e. what should I set the upper throttle range on the ESC too? I currently have it set at 1900.
  3. Related to arming, are the stick illustrations in the manual for mode 1? I use mode 2, and I tried the stick combos for arm and disarm and they didn't work. So in the mean time I assigned the arming to AUX1, but as I currently only have a six channel radio, on which channels 5 and 6 are two, not three position switches, that limits extra functions like auto-level, carefree, etc, to one possible choice per flight. I have my eye on the upcoming 9 channel radio from FrSky coming out later this spring, so later it won't be a problem, but right now it uses 50% of my switch real estate just to arm. :D
  4. During the initial power-up gyro calibration, does it have to be level? The manual just says don't move, and I didn't know if it had to be level for an accel calibration at the same time.
  5. There are a number of you guys testing GPS, and I am interested in future use of GPS for position hold and hopefully RTH for later FPV use (signal loss). I'm not asking for a how too, but where do I look to start learning how to use it? I know the very basics of C through doing a couple Arduino projects, but that's practically nothing. I just want to start learning what I need to learn.

rcsnow

Post by rcsnow »

jseyfert3 wrote:Hopefully these aren't too much of noobish questions. First time I've posted about the controller, anyway. First off, it's my first quad, and I just got done building it (scratchbuilt). I flew it for the first time yesterday afternoon. Here it is, not the first flight, but the first battery still. Before this, I've flown a few airplanes and a Blade CX2, but not for 3 years or so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT4GtunipvA

I was surprised how stable it was from the go (piloting skills excluded). I didn't trim anything or touch the PID loop, it was using default settings. So, here we go:
  1. I double checked proper rotation, yet my roll and yaw both operated backwards. Not an issue, as I did careful first "hops" and servo reversing on the TX fixed that right away, but I was curious why they were operating backward in the first place with default settings.
  2. My transmitter is set to just under 1000 on the throttle, I believe, when all the way down. When armed, I noted that the motor outputs jump from 1000 to 1150, so I set the BLHeli firmware on the ESC lower throttle limit to 1152. This is the proper way to do it, right? Also, when level, the motor outputs were around 1830 when the throttle input was almost 1900. Tilting/moving the board could raise those higher, I saw 1860 or 1870, and by the bar graphs (I'm using MWC for this), it looks like they could go higher then the throttle setting, perhaps? What is the max output of the Naze32 to the ESC, i.e. what should I set the upper throttle range on the ESC too? I currently have it set at 1900.
  3. Related to arming, are the stick illustrations in the manual for mode 1? I use mode 2, and I tried the stick combos for arm and disarm and they didn't work. So in the mean time I assigned the arming to AUX1, but as I currently only have a six channel radio, on which channels 5 and 6 are two, not three position switches, that limits extra functions like auto-level, carefree, etc, to one possible choice per flight. I have my eye on the upcoming 9 channel radio from FrSky coming out later this spring, so later it won't be a problem, but right now it uses 50% of my switch real estate just to arm. :D
  4. During the initial power-up gyro calibration, does it have to be level? The manual just says don't move, and I didn't know if it had to be level for an accel calibration at the same time.
  5. There are a number of you guys testing GPS, and I am interested in future use of GPS for position hold and hopefully RTH for later FPV use (signal loss). I'm not asking for a how too, but where do I look to start learning how to use it? I know the very basics of C through doing a couple Arduino projects, but that's practically nothing. I just want to start learning what I need to learn.

I use turnigy 9x (mode 2) and had to set yaw reverse on my commands and the stick commands work correctly as shown in the manual.
You might want to enable "MOTOR_STOP" via the CLI, so that your motors don't start after arming.
On power up there is only gyro calibration if you don't use gimbal. If you use gimbal, then there is also accel calibration. So no need for level, just still. Or stick calibration afterwards if unsure.
You could go learn C, by reading the baseflight code. Start with main.c. See that calibration settings you were asking about there.

rocketray

Post by rocketray »

@ jseyfert3

Hi, :)

Love the simplicity of the build, well executed and clean, and judging by the video no real problems. I have to reverse several things in my tranny, its a Futaba ZAP9 with a FrSky module fitted so i think that is common and not really a problem if you can sort it via the tranny. Just a few suggestions to make things a little easier.

In the Cli

1. feature motor_stop (i personally find it very nerve wracking if this isnt enabled and its a good safety feature)
2. set looptime=350 ( or even 300, it makes it less twitchy )
3. set acc_lpf_factor=100 ( increases stability when in stable mode )

anyway you seem to be doing OK so good luck and all the best

Ray ;)

zarkon

Post by zarkon »

oknafyer reflashing the board with the latest build it fly now, not really sure what wrong before, the only thing i did was reflash and restore to defaults via cli, plugged everything back arm and it just works! time for some pid tuning

tedious

Post by tedious »

So after some rough attempts at my first quad, this is version 2, rebuilt from the wreckage and added some upgrades...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XaBWDn4AuU8

Currently:
I don't know AUW right now, can't find my postal scale (lil heavy though)
Controller: Naze32
Escs: HK Blue 30a flashed w/ SimonK firmware
Motors: iPower 2217q 880kv
Props: gemfan 10x4.5"
Battery: Turnigy Nano 2650mAh (need 4-5k mAh or maybe 4s)
Camera: Sony HDR-AS15 ActionCam

Frame: all custom built with a couple purchased parts
About 23" (580mm) motor center to motor centers
Arms are currently 1/2" square wood (may change these to avoid some mild twisting I see)
Frame plates and motor mounts to be CF soon, maybe arms too

Thanks again TC

(BTW, i think i'm going to have to order the adapter for the telemetry for frsky soon....)
Last edited by tedious on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReadError

Post by ReadError »

tedious

Post by tedious »

ReadError wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XaBWDn4AuU8

(Proper link)

Thanks... I'm usually better about links, etc....

Going to work on a temp camera mount and some proper landing gear SOON.... ;)

irun4fundotca

Post by irun4fundotca »

Is there a gltch sometimes where you can't ARM with a switch but you can via the stick?
I have tried numerous channel mappings and can control ACC on aux1 or aux2 (and both) via my gear or flap switch but not ARM

Screenshots attached showing various attemps and min/max limits of switches

my thoughts on the problem.....
Because my throttle limit is strange and the throttles not at 0 theres a safety failsafe to prevent it from arming via the aux switch method while throttled
but by using the stick combo to arm bypasses the safety failsafe and allows it to activate

Is that possible ??
(I'm guessing of course)

Any help appreciated
Charles

nicog

Post by nicog »

charles, it's me, the coder, i see that you have an old switch list there. Should be level horizon in the first 2 rows. You need to have something like the image below.

Be sure that when starting the AIO you have the 1.1.11 version.

In theory the switch rows gets data from the board.
Attachments
Capture plein écran 02022013 101817.bmp.jpg

irun4fundotca

Post by irun4fundotca »

Thanks!!
Is the newer version listed on the first page?
my main problem has been java, I cant install it on my machine
and my user profile management has kept me from installing some non java related apps too (unsupported charicters in my username)
Up until recently I could'nt get anything other than mwiiwingui to run and firmware updates are impossible the version that I have has the cli program and update firmware built in and worked once..only once I now get an error when the update reaches 10 but I lost the arm abillity after the update

I have no problems starting over with the right tools that will work

nicog

Post by nicog »

the latest one is this: http://windows.naze32configurator.googl ... NAZE32AIO-[2012-10-20].rar

irun4fundotca

Post by irun4fundotca »

:D It worked thanks!!!!

I so did'nt want to revert to my kk5.5 :D

Thanks again
Charles

nicog

Post by nicog »

welcome

jseyfert3

Post by jseyfert3 »

rcsnow wrote:I use turnigy 9x (mode 2) and had to set yaw reverse on my commands and the stick commands work correctly as shown in the manual.
You might want to enable "MOTOR_STOP" via the CLI, so that your motors don't start after arming.
On power up there is only gyro calibration if you don't use gimbal. If you use gimbal, then there is also accel calibration. So no need for level, just still. Or stick calibration afterwards if unsure.
You could go learn C, by reading the baseflight code. Start with main.c. See that calibration settings you were asking about there.

Hmm, I took a look. Wow, there is a lot there. I think I'll stick with my Arduino at the moment. I did find the answer to my question in the CLI, though. Also realized what exactly motor stop is. Thank you. :)

rocketray wrote:@ jseyfert3
Hi, :)

Love the simplicity of the build, well executed and clean, and judging by the video no real problems. I have to reverse several things in my tranny, its a Futaba ZAP9 with a FrSky module fitted so i think that is common and not really a problem if you can sort it via the tranny. Just a few suggestions to make things a little easier.

In the Cli

1. feature motor_stop (i personally find it very nerve wracking if this isnt enabled and its a good safety feature)
2. set looptime=350 ( or even 300, it makes it less twitchy )
3. set acc_lpf_factor=100 ( increases stability when in stable mode )

anyway you seem to be doing OK so good luck and all the best

Ray ;)

Thank you. I've added a couple of things, now, after my first crash. :oops: Second time I flew it, got a little cocky and ahead of myself and before I knew it it was going down at a 45° angle. Luckily I only broke an arm cleanly off the main plate, the battery box, and one prop. A little glue and I was back up again. I added "feet" made from half a ping pong ball. This lets the landing gear slide without catching, on a sliding landing. One of my college professor's ideas. I then added a whole ping pong ball front and back, to add orientation.

I then took it out for the third time, and flew for around 10 minutes total, taking it easy. I added dual rates on my TX, dialing it back to 60%, and that helped as well.

I have turned on motor_stop now. What does the looptime do? Also, in regards to the acc, I had a couple other questions.

What is the difference between angle and horizon, before I go trying them? I know one of them must be auto-level. Also, what does camtrig (some sort of camera trigger, like shutter?), passthru, ledmax, llights, and headadj do? The rest of them I've figured out or found out.

So on the flight this morning, I was flying for around 10 minutes, mostly hovering and small movements. I stopped cause I don't yet have a buzzer for VBAT, and was worried about the battery level. Ecalc have me 13.5 minutes of hover time. Well, I charged up the battery, and it only put in about 1700 mAh on a 3300 mAh battery, so I was plenty safe. So then I realized I bought the FrSky telemetry system for a reason, why don't I have at least a voltage sensor? I was about to order one, when I realized the Naze32 came with a telemetry adapter for free. Some quick research and I realize I just need to hook up a couple wires and adjust VBAT in the CLI and I would have battery voltage on my telemetry screen while I fly. But then when I looked where I thought the adapter was, I couldn't find it, and it's so tiny I somewhat doubt I'll ever be able to find it. :( Ah well, buzzer should be here in a couple days, and I know someone who is probably going to get an Acro Naze32 in the near future, I'll just add an adapter to his order.

Anyhow, I was pretty excited about flying this morning, and I will continue the long journey of orientation training. Thanks to timecop for making such a versatile board, it works well and can grow with me. I want a small quad I can fly inside when I can't fly outside, so I may have to place another order for an Acro Naze32 here in the near future...
Last edited by jseyfert3 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kitepilot

Post by kitepilot »

I have an Afro 32 v2 board that I want to start using that has never been updated. Can someone please tell me the best update to use to get me going. I am reading about certain updates make the baro not work. Also has anyone been able to get a GPS to work on this and if so what do I need to make that happen.

ABL

Post by ABL »

kitepilot wrote:I have an Afro 32 v2 board that I want to start using that has never been updated. Can someone please tell me the best update to use to get me going.

Latest "official" update is allways on this link (mentioned in manual):
http://code.google.com/p/afrodevices/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fbaseflight%2Fobj
kitepilot wrote:I am reading about certain updates make the baro not work.

BS. Ofc if you flash almost year old FW baro won't work, because it wasn't developed yet at this time.
kitepilot wrote:Also has anyone been able to get a GPS to work on this and if so what do I need to make that happen.

Sure.
Connecting GPS to NAZE32 increases chances that it will work by approx 35743%.

kitepilot

Post by kitepilot »

What GPS is best for the Naze32 . Will the Ublox cn06 http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=go ... oodsid=763
work? Do I need to make any coding changes in Hercules or can it all be setup in GUI? Where do I hook the GPS up on the board,
Rx and Tx pins?

ABL

Post by ABL »

kitepilot wrote:What GPS is best for the Naze32 .

A working one.
Not-working GPS isn't so good for NAZE32...

kitepilot wrote:Will the Ublox cn06 http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=go ... oodsid=763
work?

Yes.

kitepilot wrote:Do I need to make any coding changes in Hercules or can it all be setup in GUI? Where do I hook the GPS up on the board,
Rx and Tx pins?

How about reading manual?
And... LOL@"coding changes in Hercules" :F

kitepilot

Post by kitepilot »

by ABL » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:11 pm

kitepilot wrote:
What GPS is best for the Naze32 .

A working one.
Not-working GPS isn't so good for NAZE32...

kitepilot wrote:
Will the Ublox cn06 http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=go ... oodsid=763
work?

Yes.

kitepilot wrote:
Do I need to make any coding changes in Hercules or can it all be setup in GUI? Where do I hook the GPS up on the board,
Rx and Tx pins?

How about reading manual?
And... LOL@"coding changes in Hercules" :F

That really sucks ! So I am waiting my time asking questions on this forum . All I get is some poorly done sarcasm. You are no timecop that is for sure. At least time cop's sarcasm is entertaining . You need to do some more studying.

ABL

Post by ABL »

kitepilot wrote:That really sucks !

Right!

postaL

Post by postaL »

kitepilot wrote:That really sucks ! So I am waiting my time asking questions on this forum . All I get is some poorly done sarcasm. You are no timecop that is for sure. At least time cop's sarcasm is entertaining . You need to do some more studying.

Those are legitimate answers.

ps. You're the one asking questions that have been answered 100x times already. Sounds like you're the one who needs to do some more studyin'.

http://bit.ly/WMCXED

moriwaky

"MADNESS" naze32 goes wild

Post by moriwaky »

here you have the first video of a prototype with a naze32 as brain.

This frame has been designed for fast acro flying in FPV. Is very fast on 4s and super fun. And the naze32 is the best choice to controlled thanks timecop.

https://vimeo.com/58920829

teslahed

Post by teslahed »

kitepilot wrote:What GPS is best for the Naze32 . Will the Ublox cn06 http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=go ... oodsid=763
work? Do I need to make any coding changes in Hercules or can it all be setup in GUI? Where do I hook the GPS up on the board,
Rx and Tx pins?

The UBLOX rctimer GPS works fine - V2.0 performs quite well on standard multiwii flight controllers i believe, so should work find with the Naze32.

The manual correctly describes the pins you want to attach the GPS device to for data and you can get the 5 volts from the 5 volts going in to the Naze32 from any one of your ESCs. It's not the most user friendly document on the entire planet but it's not that long or complicated when you work through it so just sit down and read it all the way through. You'll be able to come back with more focused questions when you have (assuming it doesn't answer them all for you).

You will want to use the following commands via the hercules console;

Code: Select all

feature GPS
set gps_type = 1
set gps_baudrate = 38400
set nav_controls_heading = 0

I made a couple of posts towards the bottom of this page;

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2387&start=570

where i work through getting mine going which may help you a bit.

timecop

Post by timecop »

kitepilot wrote:Do I need to make any coding changes in Hercules or can it all be setup in GUI? Where do I hook the GPS up on the board,
Rx and Tx pins?

OK, so.
It's unfortunate that you got ganged up on by the CLAN, but reality is that you ARE asking things that are VERY clearly covered in manual / this thread.

If you look at the 32b forum, you'll see people crashing with MTK (because it fucking sucks). So that leaves out only ublox. Out of ublox, either RCTimer CN02 or OpenPilot GPS are the only 2 pieces of hardware worth it price-and performance wise. So that question is covered.
hookup is DEFINITELY covered in the manual - look at pinout section. hint, no its not TX/RX.

And about configuration, I'd love to be able to export all user-configurable stuff from CLI into MWC GUI, but those guys would rather spend days #ifdefing code than work on a generic dynamic settings system, so, you gotta do most interesting dynamic stuff in CLI (or any of the several available GUIs that have specific handlers for naze32 CLI stuff. Not hard.

kitepilot

Post by kitepilot »

Thanks for the help on the GPS . Now I am confused about the wiring for an octo configuration with GPS. You have a 10 pin header with 2 pins as ground and power leaving 8 pins for the the motors. In the input header you have only 6 pins 2 of which are for the GPS . That leaves only 4 pins for the receiver channels so does this mean you have no aux channels to control flight mode etc. If anyone has a wiring diagram that would be helpful I am finding the manual very hard to understand on this.

timecop

Post by timecop »

If you want "octo" with "GPS" (no idea why anyone would want to, but OK) then you need CPPM receiver input (only RC1 is used), motors 1-6 as usual, then motors 7-8 are on RC5..RC6 pins, and you can even do camstab on RC7/8. (latter with some pwm driver changes)

Anyway, octo+gps works fine as far as connections go.

kitepilot

Post by kitepilot »

"If you want "octo" with "GPS" (no idea why anyone would want to, but OK. "

I want to be more than OK. Is the problem the octo or the octo+GPS? Educate me on why an octo would not need a GPS as much as a quad. I am probably missing something . I mostly want it for a fail safe if I lose orientation because I am disoriented most of the time.

Thanks for your help.

timecop

Post by timecop »

GPS is not a solution to not knowing how to fly.
I suggest you practice on a lamewheel quad clone first, crashing it until you stop being disoriented.

kitepilot

Post by kitepilot »

timecop wrote:GPS is not a solution to not knowing how to fly.
I suggest you practice on a lamewheel quad clone first, crashing it until you stop being disoriented.

I have a Tardupilot Mega 2 would that work good in the lamewheel? Great advice with just the right amount of sarcasm .

One more question : Do you know where I can get one of those 10pin plugs to 8 servo connector "RC input breakout cable" you show on the picture of the Naza 32 at abusemark. I don't see where I can buy that on your site or where else I could buy it. I guess it also looks like I can just make one from some female to female connectors .

Thanks

Larry

timecop

Post by timecop »

Didn't you get one with your board? Those have been shipping together with it for at least half a year now.

hinkel

Post by hinkel »

timecop wrote:Didn't you get one with your board? Those have been shipping together with it for at least half a year now.

Hi Timecop !

There was no cable supplied with my naze32 in the beginning of October, 2012 :o

jseyfert3

Post by jseyfert3 »

hinkel wrote:
timecop wrote:Didn't you get one with your board? Those have been shipping together with it for at least half a year now.

Hi Timecop !

There was no cable supplied with my naze32 in the beginning of October, 2012 :o

That's right around the time I ordered mine, and I did receive a cable.

timecop

Post by timecop »

well, shit happens. email w/order# or something and I'll fix that up. Usually complaining about missing cable when things arrive works - sometimes stuff does get missed, this is a hobby for me and not a full-time job.

hinkel

Post by hinkel »

It is OK, No Problem :)

irun4fundotca

Post by irun4fundotca »

Is there a specific way to calibrate my throttle limits ,different than most fc's
I have been told to do them individually via the receiver then reattach to the naze, and someone else said to do them at once through the naze

Im confused now

(naze32 Green Board ...v2 maybe?)

timecop

Post by timecop »

If you're using flashed esc there's no need to calibrate.
If you're using some other crap esc, just configure your transmitter throttle to 1000..2000 by endpoints/etc (you should be doing this for flying anyway) and then calibrate each esc through receiver as usual.

esc calibration was available before but was removed because there was (unlikely) possibility of a stupid user getting motors spinning at max, and everyone knows how well that ends.

irun4fundotca

Post by irun4fundotca »

I have unflashed turnigy 40a plushes and a dx6i not sure about end points, they go as low as 900 and as high at 1700 on the screen gui

bob4432

Post by bob4432 »

then change them to 1000-2000. you have to understand that you need to set up your radio for multiwii as this is a multiwii controller. read the wiki/setup for multiwii, get the radio setup for that, then since you are using non-flashed escs, set them one by one through the rx after the radio is setup for multiwii. this has literally been covered thousands of times :shock: people have not put the time and effort into the setup manuals just because they are bored, they are there to be read.

irun4fundotca wrote:I have unflashed turnigy 40a plushes and a dx6i not sure about end points, they go as low as 900 and as high at 1700 on the screen gui

timecop

Post by timecop »

This hardware does not support turnigy plush esc.

irun4fundotca

Post by irun4fundotca »

Thanks that explains my problems ,they are 30a plush i thought they were 40, I'm also using a spektrum AR6100E
timecop wrote:This hardware does not support turnigy plush esc.

and I did'nt think the dx6i had radio settings for multiwii anyway, I read the manual and the naze32 manual ,unless its in a specific thread named manual addenum here somewhere
I will look more tho

timecop

Post by timecop »

It seems you missed the important points of a useful post and instead decided to quote my joke post.
The manual does cover setting transmitter endpoints to 1000..2000.
How you do it on your "dx6i" doesn't matter, but it's likely to do with endpoint setup.

irun4fundotca

Post by irun4fundotca »

you are talking about the pdf manual right?... I cant seem to find any other one
I have tried everything to get them to 2000 and have had no luck even using my settings on max (+125/-125) on the transmitter, the highest i can get them is like 1720
perhaps it's just im used to just adjusting flaps or ailerons, rudder ect on a plane, this is my first quad
theres so much to learn

this is the only trim section i can find in the pdf:

"Trim transmitter once, and never trim in-flight. Connect to GUI,
and subtrim on transmitter until all channels are centered at 1500.
If using Futaba gear, center might be 1520. In that case, set midrc value in config to
1520, then subtrim to center all channels at 1520. Do not use trim in flight for either gyro
or auto-level mode. Use acc-trim function."

I guess if "its been covered so many times" maybe just a link to the conversation about it will point me in the right direction and be appreciated
I do'nt expect anyone to walk me though it, as I realize how valuble time can be, had it a month now just reading when i can, and still have'nt
tried to lift off the ground

Charles
Last edited by irun4fundotca on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.