Naze32 hardware discussion thread

gozzz

Re: Naze32 hardware discussion thread

Post by gozzz »

Hey guys, quick question.. On the rev 5 boards were the bat54c diodes updated along with the voltage regulators? If so is there a new schematic out similar to the rev4 version here-https://afrodevices.googlecode.com/files/naze32_rev4.pdf Where I can find the updated components?

Thanks,
Mike

marcelokron

Post by marcelokron »

Hi guys
I'm trying to calibrate my escs but when I connect the main battery the software locks... I'm using a Kv osd connected to the naze tx rx. My friend says that I need to disconnect the osd, but every thing is soldered... there is any way to do this? you guys also have this problem?

regards

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

In the standard configuration, the OSD is using the same port that the USB is. You're going to have to remove power from the OSD.

marcelokron

Post by marcelokron »

HFMan wrote:In the standard configuration, the OSD is using the same port that the USB is. You're going to have to remove power from the OSD.

thanks mate!!

Zyclopse

Post by Zyclopse »

RIP - Naze32
Last edited by Zyclopse on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rocketray

Post by rocketray »

Hi,
Not posted here for a long time.Anyway Just updated my afromini32 (tri) to latest firmware and my servo no longer works, everything else is fine all the motors do what they should just no yaw because the servo isnt operating and it was immediately before the update. It centers itself if i physically move it so its still working.Has anything altered recently to cause this?

rocketray

Post by rocketray »

Posting reply to myself(sad init) i reflashed an old baseflight hex from 2013 and everything working again.I thought updates were supposed to make things better not break things, maybe its an old board(white one)

rocketray

Post by rocketray »

Whats going on? doesnt anyone use this thread anymore and if so WHY not? FFS if it wasnt for the man we would be still in the dark ages flying 8 bit steam powered multicopters.I suppose you are all gone over to cleanflight, well i say if it aint broke dont fix it and baseflights OK in my book,No not blind loyalty but i looked at cleanflight and it was the same as baseflight with cli names altered(longer) and a really bad implementation of the aux section, i dont use GPS and RTH stuff so thats all useless to me, but if i did want that dont i just buy a board that does all that for me? Well as the voice in bugs bunny says YOU'LL BE SORRY. :evil:

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

Using this thread does appear to be very limited.
Couldn't agree more with the AUX section of Cleanflight. I would think it would be confusing to new people, but maybe some find it "intuitive". Not to fond of the knock-off Acro boards either! If it ain't a Abusemark board, don't buy it.
BaseFlight is better than OK in my book, but question latest implementations & more so the Chrome/Baseflight GUI. What the H*** happened to trying to maintain backward compatibility??

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

Baseflight is slipping into obsolescence, slow but sure. Naze32 is still relevant, but mostly run its course. Rev6 should have been an F3.

rocketray

Re:

Post by rocketray »

HFMan wrote:Baseflight is slipping into obsolescence, slow but sure. Naze32 is still relevant, but mostly run its course. Rev6 should have been an F3.

So are you saying Cleanflight is the new replacement and is taking over from Baseflight ? and the Naze32 is coming to the end of its days if so what is it superseded by. Not arguing just interested.

Just realized that F3 that you mentioned is the new(expensive and criticized) updated naze32 clone with a few added bells and whistles. :lol:

OK so im wrong again :oops: The F3 refers to the newer version of the STM32
Last edited by rocketray on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotnull

Post by gotnull »

Zyclopse wrote:RIP - Naze32

Why?

strepto

Post by strepto »

Baseflight is completely obsolete. Anyone who's flown both will tell you there's no comparison. Go trim your beards! ;)

rocketray

Post by rocketray »

So How much does Dominic pay you? its crazy, timecop does all the work and develops baseflight mainly by himself and Dominic Clifton comes along adds some pretty little led's,renames a few functions and calls it cleanflight. cant you all see that you are being conned, cleanflight is baseflight no ifs, no buts, its baseflight renamed/forked. So how can you say baseflight is obsolete, if timecop adds something to baseflight guess what, it magically appears on cleanflight but if something appears on cleanflight does timecop add it, not unless its useful. Cleanflight is only good because it is baseflight. I have flown both and i'm sorry to burst your bubble but there is no difference,same settings,same PID's so one last time cleanflight is baseflight repackaged so if you run down baseflight you are running down cleanflight. So lets be honest about this shall we, its timecop you have a problem with NOT baseflight, timecop doesnt want to develop baseflight for other boards, thats his perogative and great that others take up the challenge, isnt that what open source is about? Please lets give credit where credits due,without timecop there would be no baseflight and i am willing to bet there would be no cleanflight either. Also you all forget that this thread was meant as a development thread, it wasn't meant for me(i cant code) or for people just flying there naze32 based quads, i was tolerated because i didn't ask stupid questions that i could get answered in the main multiwii forum, if you bother to look i have been here since page one infact before that, i go back to rcgroups where it all originally started with a 32 bit chinese board called freeflight which timecop back engineered and it became the naze32, the firmware was rubbish and so timecop developed baseflight(basically a 32 bit version of multiwii) from the ground up and turned a mediocre board into the naze32, the best hobby FC you can get. Wish i was that clever.So he doesn't suffer fools gladly, and he can be a bit sharp,but he's the man and i'm afraid he will say f**k you all and i know that will be a great loss and we will all suffer the consequences. I just hope he doesn't give up because i'm looking forwards to a stfm32f3 or even stfm32f4(is that even possible) version of naze32.

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

Well said rocketray!

Couldn't be happier with my Abusemark Naze 32's. Just received the new rev 6.
It won't be getting Cleanflight.

mzim

Post by mzim »

Hello everyone,
I am new to the whole multi-rotor world and just purchased a Naze32 acro. After taking it out of the package, I downloaded the drivers and installed the firmware. I have tried using both baseflight and cleanflight, but when I connect my board, although it connects successfully, the sensors are not functioning. The words in the upper right hand corner that read "accel" and "gyro" remain red. Under the sensor tab, the graphs show a constant reading of zero, even when I move the board around. The image of a quadcopter on the first page also remains still despite movement of the board. I hope I do not have a bad board. What could my problem be?

Thanks.

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

Have you calibrated the board? Preferably while it is level .

mzim

Post by mzim »

Do you mean calibrating the accelerometer? Yes. I have done that. It says calibration complete but the problem remains.

mzim

Post by mzim »

Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 4.39.59 PM.png

This is an image of my screen in clmeanflight. Note the red icons in the upper left.

rocketray

Post by rocketray »

@mzim. you obviously have a defective board, show that image to whoever supplied you with the board and ask for a replacement.There shouldn't be any problems as a picture is worth a thousand words and it looks broke to me.
P.S. Dont show a cleanflight image on this thread its Baseflight only,not being funny but there is bad blood between Baseflight and cleanflight so showing a cleanflight image is not very diplomatic(thats being polite)

mzim

Post by mzim »

Thanks for the advice. I will contact the individuals who I purchased it from.

I apologize about the image. I was unaware of the situation. Again, I am new here.

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

rocketray wrote:@mzim. you obviously have a defective board, show that image to whoever supplied you with the board and ask for a replacement.There shouldn't be any problems as a picture is worth a thousand words and it looks broke to me.
P.S. Dont show a cleanflight image on this thread its Baseflight only,not being funny but there is bad blood between Baseflight and cleanflight so showing a cleanflight image is not very diplomatic(thats being polite)

I thought this was a hardware thread "Naze32 hardware discussion thread". Seems to me that the firmware should not be a factor. Please discuss whatever firmware you like.

mzim

Post by mzim »

stronnag wrote:
rocketray wrote:@mzim. you obviously have a defective board, show that image to whoever supplied you with the board and ask for a replacement.There shouldn't be any problems as a picture is worth a thousand words and it looks broke to me.

I thought this was a hardware thread "Naze32 hardware discussion thread". Seems to me that the firmware should not be a factor. Please discuss whatever firmware you like.

I ran into the problem regardless of firmware

strepto

Post by strepto »

rocketray wrote:So How much does Dominic pay you? its crazy, timecop does all the work and develops baseflight mainly by himself and Dominic Clifton comes along adds some pretty little led's,renames a few functions and calls it cleanflight

<snips long and hard to read rant>

I just hope he doesn't give up because i'm looking forwards to a stfm32f3 or even stfm32f4(is that even possible) version of naze32.

You really don't get "open source", do you?

There are already F3 and F4 boards out there too...

Anyway as you were. Enjoy your baseflight, if it flies like you like, keep using it! Life's too short for this kind of nonsense. There's flying to do!

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

strepto wrote:Anyway as you were. Enjoy your baseflight, if it flies like you like, keep using it! Life's too short for this kind of nonsense. There's flying to do!

I agree, life is to short! But then again, you did take the time to express yourself.

rocketray

Post by rocketray »

I fully understand the co-operative nature of the open source system as superbly demonstrated in the whole multiwii project. BUT and its a big but to me, is the lack of respect and appreciation of all the work tc has put in.Nobody wanted to know 32 bit stuff back then, but tc did all the work and built baseflight from the ground up. I'm not saying Cleanflight is bad or anything, its a natural progression from baseflight and the work being done to expand it into other fc's is great, its the nasty attitude and the way tc is treated like some sort of enemy that i dont like,yes tc can be sharp infact he can be downright rude but that doesnt deserve the shit thats being thrown at him. I am also aware that there are F3 and F4 FC's out there, but i am hoping for to a Japanese made F3 version of the same quality workmanship as the naze32. I also agree with you that times too short to waste arguing and disagreeing etc,except my F-ing tranny has packed in and i cant fly at the moment so i have all the time in the world to get on my high horse lol.
Peace and happiness to all and may all your crashes be insignificant ;)

ruio

Post by ruio »

Hi guys!

I'm trying to flash my naze32 full rev5 without success :(
I tried a lot, here my results:

CleanFlight
- Firmware Naze32 1.10.0
- Plugin Naze32 Usb
- Blue led on
- Flash Firmware
- No response from the bootloader, programming: FAILED

2 same as 1 with Full Chip Erase checked

- Firmware Naze32 1.10.0
- No reboot sequence and Flash on connect both checked
- Bootloader jumper closed
- Plugin Naze32 Usb
- Bootloader jumper open
- STM32 - timed out, programming: FAILED

4 same as 3 but without remowing the jumper

5 same as 3 with also with Full Chip Erase checked

6 same as 4 with also with Full Chip Erase checked

Baseflight

7 same as 1, firmware stable 2015.08.27

8 same as 7 with Full Chip Erase checked

- firmware stable 2015.08.27
- No reboot sequence and Flash on connect both checked
- Bootloader jumper closed
- Plugin Naze32 Usb
- Bootloader jumper open

10 same as 9 but without remowing the jumper

11 same as 9 with also with Full Chip Erase checked

11 same as 10 with also with Full Chip Erase checked

Hercules
- Serial
- Open
- Send "R"
- nothing happens (Only solid blue led)

Update: i tried also the method described in "Rescue / recovery update instructions" http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2387#p22081
But the message from Flash Loader is scary...see screenshot :shock:

Additional information
- The blue led is the only one that turn on
- When i plug the usb with the jumper, the blue led flash fast 2 times, one time slower, and turn off till i remove the jumper
- When i plug in the naze32 on usb is always detected but i cannot connect to it (cleanFlight and openflight)
- I can open a serial connetion with ercules
- 2 different pc, Windows 7 and 10
- 3-4 different micro usb cables

Thank you for any help.
ruio
Attachments
flashloader.png

rocketray

Post by rocketray »

Sounds like driver issues to me,the "no response from bootloader.Programming:failed" indicates driver not seeing it, check in device manager and make sure the driver shows in Ports when you connect to the FC. Apart from that i cant help you,sorry!

Josephr

Post by Josephr »

Dear Timecop,

Wanted to ask your help for the Naze32 Rev6, I believe there is an issue with this board that it needs a diode added to prevent the motors from spinning when you plug in the USB cable. Is there any way you can provide some instructions on what to do and what type of diode is needed. I believe that the Rev6a solves this problem some how. I have 2 x Rev6 boards and would dearly like to solve this problem before putting them into quads.

Thank you for your help....Regards, JosephR :)

shuricus

Post by shuricus »

How can I connect external compass, there is a conflict with on-board one!

shuricus

Post by shuricus »

How can I connect external compass, there is a conflict with on-board one!

alistairr

Post by alistairr »

I know this is probably not the right place to ask but thought someone here might know where to look. Google is not my friend tonight. I've been using Naze with great success for a few years now and thought it finally time to try setting up a 120 degree swash Trex 450 Pro heli with Naze for FPV. Any links or help would be great. Thanks

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

I have no idea how that would be done on this board. I'm fairly certain it doesn't support it.

JohnOCFII

Post by JohnOCFII »

shuricus wrote:How can I connect external compass, there is a conflict with on-board one!

You'll have to cut a wire trace on the Naze32 circuit board to use an external compass. There are some examples out there.

quad_broad

I2C Sonar

Post by quad_broad »

Hi everyone!

Has anyone successfully used a sonar that communicates over I2C (such as this http://www.maxbotix.com/Ultrasonic_Sensors/MB1040.htm) with the Naze32?

I see that support exists for the standard HC-SR04 that operates with an echo trigger.

If no support exists for the I2C sonar, could I modify the firmware to support it?

JohnOCFII

Re: I2C Sonar

Post by JohnOCFII »

quad_broad wrote:Hi everyone!

Has anyone successfully used a sonar that communicates over I2C (such as this http://www.maxbotix.com/Ultrasonic_Sensors/MB1040.htm) with the Naze32?

Take a look at the iNav fork: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2495732

--Oz--

Post by --Oz-- »

Here is a quote from the world famous douchebag Timecop, over in a thread I am in, he still hasn't grown up, still acting like a 10yo, pathetic.

"Wouldn't you like to hear something that would make me remarkably overjoyed? You being raped by a rusty axe.
Every time I see a boy scout take a monsterous fucking crap on the subway, it reminds me of you.
Wallow in an ocean of anal pus, you pathetic fuckdoll.
Why don't you go ahead and shut your stupid mouth, you rude bag of fucking shit.
a,i,you,oh,no,if,then,is,to,be,have,will"

rfine7666

Post by rfine7666 »

Thanks in advance
I have a Naze32 10dof (rev 5 I believe) I would like to know if there is a way to load Multiwii 2.3 or 2.4 firmware onto this Naze32 board? I would like to try the Multiwii bicopter preset using the naze32 board I already have.
Please advise if this loading is possible, the process to do it and what software or firmware I need?
Cleanflight Naze32 has a bicopter and dualcopter preset, but I cannot find the solution to getting the servos to work correctly?
Thanks

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

No.
Multiwii is not compatible with NAZE32 Boards.

Better to get a Mwiii fc.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

I have a small bi running on cleanflight on a Flip32 board... what settings are giving you problems?

midelic

Post by midelic »

I can port and modify Multiwii to run on Naze32 boards.I'm talking the actual multiwii not baseflight/cleanflight/betaflight.
And to be flashed with arduino IDE and use multiwii config like normal multiwii.
I don't want to loose my time so I'm trying to gauge the interest in this.

PatrikE wrote:No.
Multiwii is not compatible with NAZE32 Boards.

Better to get a Mwiii fc.

strepto

Post by strepto »

I think the world has moved past multiwii now...

kv2200

Post by kv2200 »

Hi everyone,

I'm developing my own RC receiver/transmitter for Naze32 quad drone (noted as 2 in the diagram below). Objective: only simple actions (ascend, hover, left, right, descend...) are needed, no complicated maneuvers.

Code: Select all

+----------------+     (1)    +-------------+  (2)  +-----------+
   | RC Transmitter +------------+ RC Receiver +-------+ Naze32 FC |
   +----------------+            +-------------+       +-----------+
For the wireless link between the receiver - transmitter, I can figure out by myself, but I'm not clear about part 2: from RC receiver to Naze32 FC
After some reading I find that it is easier to use serial-based receiver, specifically MultiWii Serial Protocol (MSP). I'm using Naze32 rev6 (Naze 32 "Acro" Mini Flight Controller REV 6) with BaseFlight firmware
Please help me clear the followings:
  1. Hardware Connection: Which pins should I make connection on the Naze32 for MSP Receiver?
  2. Configuration: What settings should I set for BaseFlight to enable MSP receiver?
  3. If possible, please also give me a sequence of steps (or list of commands) that I need to send to Naze32 FC for a basic flight (I haven't played with drones before)
  4. Fail-safe Mode: how to enable in BaseFlight Configurator and what is action at the receiver to trigger it?

Thanks,
Kelvin

cezarlacatus

Post by cezarlacatus »

Does it work with 3Dr telemetry???

--Oz--

Post by --Oz-- »

kv2200, since baseflight FW is all but dead (and seems most have moved onto F3 and F4 boards now), come over to cleanflight, betaflight or iNav, they are all on RCgroups. Start from cleanflight.

FYI, MSP is a simple multiwii serial protocol, mainly for USB to stm32. What i think your looking for in the Rx protocol, there is many, the best is sbus (and a bunch like them), then CPPM (or PPM), then old school PWM.

kv2200

Post by kv2200 »

--Oz-- wrote:kv2200, since baseflight FW is all but dead (and seems most have moved onto F3 and F4 boards now), come over to cleanflight, betaflight or iNav, they are all on RCgroups. Start from cleanflight.

FYI, MSP is a simple multiwii serial protocol, mainly for USB to stm32. What i think your looking for in the Rx protocol, there is many, the best is sbus (and a bunch like them), then CPPM (or PPM), then old school PWM.

thanks for the tips. I chose MSP because it would be easier for my microcontroller board to output bytes via RS232 than to output to other formats (and easier to debug also). I have stopped working with my QAV250 for a while due to safety reason. Seems like hovering a quad is not so straight-forward for me.

bob4432

Post by bob4432 »

--Oz-- wrote:kv2200, since baseflight FW is all but dead (and seems most have moved onto F3 and F4 boards now), come over to cleanflight, betaflight or iNav, they are all on RCgroups. Start from cleanflight.

And cleanflight comes from where?? Baseflight. All off the hard work of TC (timecop) but yet no credit is ever given by the guy who made the Naze32/Baseflight a reality.

--Oz--

Post by --Oz-- »

He forked MultiWii and I have never seen him give them credit,,,,touche

bob4432

Post by bob4432 »

At the time it happend everybody that was into MultiWii knew what was going on and in the know, so it is not like he took credit. It needed to be done and when things need to just be done, TC just does them. The landscape was quite a bit different when TC originally made the first Naze32/Baseflight compared to when cleanflight came to the scene, quite a bit smaller group.

strepto

Post by strepto »

Hi all,

Is the Naze32 compatible with the new DJI FPV system? I'd love to see Timecop do an unboxing.

:D