Arduino Nano + MPU6050 connections in fixed-wing

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Rubio

Arduino Nano + MPU6050 connections in fixed-wing

Post by Rubio »

Hi all, I am new to this forum and I don't know how long it will take you to answer me but thank you eitherway. :D
I am new to Multiwii as well, and I am building an airplane of 1.2m-wingspan by my own, and to do so I decided to include a pair of ailerons and an elevator (no rudder included) just yet.
To kinda do an autonomous mode, I decided to include an Arduino nano board connected to MPU6050 (as always, connections are: GND-GND, 3V3-Vcc,A5-SCL,A4-SDA). Nevertheless, as I am new, I have looked for lots of information on how to connect the board to the receiver (Futaba R136F->with 4 channel transmitter) and I found a spanish channel that did this (but using an Arduino pro-mini) and connectios (Rx-Arduino board):
Ailerons: D12 (I guess he used a Y-cable to move both wings in asymmetric motion);
Elevator: D10;
CH1 - D4;
CH2 - D5;
CH5 - D7;
I leave the video here fyi (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Sbx4zONu8).
My first question is: Can I use Arduino nano? If yes, which things should I change to make it work? (I have read that config.h must be modified to nanowii)
I'd like to change those connections from the video to my preferred option (since I have already welded the boards and pins):
Ailerons: D2 (I guess he used a Y-cable to move both wings in asymmetric motion);
Elevator: D3;
CH1 - D4;
CH2 - D5;
CH5 - D8;
Which part of Multiwii code should I change to make it possible?

Thanks beforehand.

Hamburger

Re: Arduino Nano + MPU6050 connections in fixed-wing

Post by Hamburger »

arduino nano is ok;
using predefined nanowii in config.h uses 32u4 mcu and is probably wrong - instead activate 328 mcu and sensor (plus other features) separately in config.h;
rewiring output is possible but requires knowledge - in short "no for beginners"