New setup trying to roll over

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Paul44000

New setup trying to roll over

Post by Paul44000 »

I have just built my first hexacopter and now trying it out. The multiwii config is pretty basic, with type set to Hex6X and board to
Crius v2. I have set the esc's and done the acc and mag calibration. However when I came to try to get it off the ground for the first time to set level hovering it immediately tried to flip over. Fortunately I had tethered the arms so it failed. When I checked in multiwiiconf, as I opened the throttle only the front right, rear right and left sped up, hence why the board attempted to flip. If I put the rudder hard over, the other three motors would speed up and the original three slow down, almost as if the copter wanted to fly upside down. I have tried reloading the sketch and resetting the acc and mag several times, but no change. Clearly I have done something monumentally stupid in the setup, but I cannot see what. Could some kind person point me in the right direction please.

PatrikE

Re: New setup trying to roll over

Post by PatrikE »

Hi Paul.

Most likely you have motors wrong connected.
If the copter tilt left the left motors should increase to compensate.
If left/Right motors is "reversed" it will increase on right side and cause a quick flip.

A tip.
Remove props and hold the copter in the hand when you ARM and check if the correct motors compensate.
The rudder act's like that 3 motors increase and 3 decrease to create a rotation.

Good luck.
/Patrik