AlienWii - channel assignment problem im MultiWii

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Pedro14755

AlienWii - channel assignment problem im MultiWii

Post by Pedro14755 »

Hello, I am pretty experienced with using MW 2.4 with the AlienWii code configuration but suddenly I am having issues with channel assignment. When I connect to the GUI to check that my TX channels are operating correctly I am getting very strange results. Just by way of explanation, the AlienWii requires that you reverse the channels for Aileron and rudder on the TX (Spektrum DX6 in my case) so that you get the correct movement of those two channels. IE move stick left > TX output for that channel moves left in the GUI. That is all correct on my TX plus I have not changed my model file since the last time I used it anyway. I have tried three separate AlienWii boards and they are all doing the same thing - the throttle channel moves correctly but that is all. The other three channels are all over the place, so much so that a video is the easiest way to explain the odd behaviour. The code that I am using has also not been altered since the last time I successfully used it and I have gone through my model file and cannot find anything wrong. The funny thing is that I can use that same model file on a 32 bit FC that I made as an open source derivative flight controller in BetaFlight and it works perfectly with all channels and switches (two - mode selection and arming which is also what I use for the 8bit AlienWii FC's) moving as expected. I reflashed using a known good code base just in case but it still does exactly the same thing. Any ideas please? Video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L05DG38RIj8

Pedro14755

Re: AlienWii - channel assignment problem im MultiWii

Post by Pedro14755 »

Well the fix was easy when my friend George Hook (not Captain Hook) suggested that I rebind the TX to RX. Working like a dream now