GUI 1.8 Patch 2 Question

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
zarkon

GUI 1.8 Patch 2 Question

Post by zarkon »

Hi,

I wondering what should i expect when using the GUI, I only have WMP no acc/nunchuk, will the Quad display move or static? also when I try connecting with the GUI when my Quad is powered by Lipo with all wiring connected the GUI go crazy, I don't have acc/baro but GUI said I have and the connection is intermittent which making pid tuning impossible

KaiK

Re: GUI 1.8 Patch 2 Question

Post by KaiK »

You should be able to connect and see rotation of copter.
Anyway you should be able to connect and read/write values if you dont have connected any sensor...

zarkon

Post by zarkon »

KaiK wrote:You should be able to connect and see rotation of copter.
Anyway you should be able to connect and read/write values if you dont have connected any sensor...

I can connect and read the value but no rotation because I don't have any sensor correct? i try to connect to it when it running on Lipo but can't seem to get proper data as the connection are intermittent and the Info in gui are not correct such as I have no sensor attached only WMP but GUI showing I have baro and acc which is weird :?

mr.rc-cam

Post by mr.rc-cam »

I have no sensor attached only WMP but GUI showing I have baro and acc which is weird

(1) Check the def.h file and verify that you have disabled the sensors that are not installed. If they are enabled in the code then the GUI may think you have them installed.
(2) Make sure the PC config app version you are using is the one that was provided with the V1.8p2 file set. If the GUI's version is not matched to the Arduino code's version then weird things may occur in the GUI.

zarkon

Post by zarkon »

ah so not defining it in the config are not enough to disable them? I thought when you didnt enable it in config it wont be enable at all, I'll try it later when i get back from work

Thanks