Difficulty with new Quadrotor build

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
BlindLuckFlier

Difficulty with new Quadrotor build

Post by BlindLuckFlier »

I'm trying to put a quadrotor into the air for the first time as I have been bitten by the FPV hype. I'm not the type of person to buy an RTF kit so I purchased the following hardware (among other things):
Turnigy 4S 4Ah 30C LiPo (x2)
MULTISTAR ELITE 2204-2300KV 3-4S (4 PACK)
MULTIWII NANOWII ATMEGA32U4 MICRO FLIGHT CONTROLLER USB/GYRO/ACC
HOBBYKING HK6S 2.4GHZ FHSS 6CH TX & RX
Lumenier LittleBLHeli PRO 20Ax4

To work with this I have the following software on a Windows 10 Laptop:
Arduino IDE 1.6.9
MultiWii 2.3 firmware (source code)
MultiWii WinGUI 2.3 pre8

The only lines I have uncommented in the code are:
#define QUADX
#define MultiWii_32U4_SE_no_baro

After cobbling together some custom wiring and connecting it all I'm getting outputs from D6 and D10 of the NanoWii, but not from F5 or D9 (or even D11 or D13). The GUI shows the inputs from the reciever coming into the FC - the FC arms 2 of the 4 motors when the throttle is at min and the yaw at max. Once armed the GUI shows the expected outputs - but the PWM signals only appear on D6 and D10 (the other two ESCs don't arm and continue to beep). I don't have an O-Scope to verify this but I have a good voltmeter which will do RMS DC and it shows the expected voltage increases/decreases on those two pins, but on none of the others. Just to be certain I connected the receiver directly to the quad ESC and I could arm all four motors and control their speeds with the joysticks. I attempted to calibrate the ESC(s) with the "#define ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY" procedure (as outlined in the comments above it) but that only changed the relative speeds of the motors and didn't solve the problem.

Anyone's help with this would be greatly appreciated.

[UPDATE 1/12/17]
Main problem located :D output pins 9 and 5 on my FC are dead :x . Can anyone tell me how to edit the "Output.CPP" file to change the outputs to pins 11 and 13? The "Motor Pin Order" section states:

// since we are using the PWM generation in a direct way, the pin order is just to inizialie the right pins
// its not possible to change a PWM output pin just by changing the order

So it has to be in there somewhere later. All of these pins have the same 11bit PWM ability so probably just some numbers have to be changed somewhere.