Motors power goes down and flip on take off

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
lezabour

Motors power goes down and flip on take off

Post by lezabour »

Hi,

So i'm building my first quadx, very fun ;)

My specs:
Crius aio pro 2
multiwii 2.4
4 motors dji 920 kv
4 esc simonk
turnigy 9x
power distribution board (with BEC)
lipo 4s or 6s (depending on charge lol)

i'm now touching the final configuration for first flight, but i have 2 or 3 problems i can't understand, if anyone can help:
1) I tryed to make the first flight, but copter was fliping on take off. It's a commun problem, usually i could read, because of spining directions or prospeller.
I have check all the motors spining direction and propellers also. All is like it supposed to be, as i could find on many tutorials. So i thought i could be a weight problem (battery is a little more on one side), but want to check all... So i put on my Multiwii Conf, and comes the second problem

2) When i put the throtlle UP, i can notice 3 things
- all motors doesn't begin to spin a same time, 2 begin at 1200, one other at 1300 and other at 1380... (or Something like that) - Is it normal?
- At one throttle (let say for example at 1500), none of the motors are spining the same speed... Some goes 1500, other 1300 other, 1420... is it normal? (copter if flat on the ground) (also maybe because of PID but i didn't touch the defaut values)
- MOST IMPORTANT PROBLEM: the power of 1 or 2 motors (depends of moment...) are going back to 1100 after 1 to 3 sec... so it stop spinning. If i up the throttle a lit bit more, it begin to spin again, and goes back to stop...
It seams like a power problem (??) Maybe soldering? any idea??

Thanks all for your help
hope i will be able soon to post a video flying ;)

Quadraf

Re: Motors power goes down and flip on take off

Post by Quadraf »

Calibrate your esc's.

LutzB

Re: Motors power goes down and flip on take off

Post by LutzB »

Also check the input channels of pitch, roll and yaw. they should be as close to 1500 as possible with centered sticks.