Newbie - Hexcopter odd behaviour

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
divinpilot

Newbie - Hexcopter odd behaviour

Post by divinpilot »

Hi All,

My son and I are new to multicopters and have recently bought a homebuilt hexcopter. I gave it good check over, balanced props, updated firmware, calibrated the ESCs. I have calibrated the Accelerometers but not the MAG. We are trying to get it to get it flying but we are having some difficulties determining the cause of some weird behaviour.

When I apply throttle slightly above the minimum and don't touch the controls the motors increase on their own, with one motor increasing faster than the others. They rise to a point where they spin fast enough to lift the copter. Is this an ESC issue, software? I am tempted to disconnect all the motors and check operation one at a time.

The other issue is when I apply enough throttle to get the copter flying it starts to oscillate or moves like it wants to pitch forward or roll . Not sure if this is a PID issue with the setup.

Any advice is greatly appreciated on what to check. I've flown RC airplanes for years and this is definite new thing for me.

It is a HexA+
Turnigy 1100KV motors
HobbyKing 12A ESC
MultiWii Pro FC

WinGui 2.3
Futaba 8UAPS Transmitter w. FrSKY 2.4GHz TX module
FR Sky D8r RX.

If it would help I could take some video of what is going on.

Quadraf

Re: Newbie - Hexcopter odd behaviour

Post by Quadraf »

reclibrate your esc's. How did you do this?