Need Assistance Diagnosing MW board

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
RC MusicMan

Need Assistance Diagnosing MW board

Post by RC MusicMan »

Hi I recently was given a MultiWii FC with a ATMEGA 328P chip on it. It lights up and seems to be working. ;)

I am anxious to dive into this MW board as I've read quite a bit about it so my hope is that its functional. :o

Is there anyone here that wouldn't mind giving me a hand diagnosing this to find out whether it is functioning properly? 8-)

I have downloaded a lot of basic tools that have been associated with many of the articles I've read. :D

RC MusicMan

Re: Need Assistance Diagnosing MW board

Post by RC MusicMan »

ok no takers? I guess I'll document my finding here as I figure this out on my own, if anyone cares to chime in please do.

I tried connecting to cleanflight, cleanflight reads it on the correct port but then says

2016-07-04 @ 20:42:45 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 1
2016-07-04 @ 20:42:54 -- Failed to open serial port
2016-07-04 @ 20:42:55 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed

The fix is to install Stm32 drivers and use zigdag, the instructions for using zigdag say to select the STM32BO0TLOADER but its not listed even after checking 'list all devices , the multiwii is listed as FT232 R USB UART and replacing this driver with the suggested driver has undesired results.

I tried a few things but that's as far as I get. I forgot to mention the jumper, I tried all 3 options with this, off, on 1 and 2, and also 2 and 3.

I plugged it into the MW config program and it didn't read like I've seen in demonstrations of this program ie CALIB ACC does nothing.

What has me most intrigued is the zigdag discrepancy with the driver names ' FT232 R USB UART' and not the " STM32BO0TLOADER "

I will keep searching for the solution incase its already been discussed. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please do

thanks

RC MusicMan

Post by RC MusicMan »

heres a pic of the config tool https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bww_WF ... sp=sharing

heres a pic of Cleanflight and Zigdag https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bww_WF ... sp=sharing

here some pics of device settings in windows https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bww_WF ... sp=sharing

RC MusicMan

Post by RC MusicMan »

I am seeing this issue in many places on the web, what I'm not seeing are solutions to this issue. Has anyone solved this issue?

Thank you

RC MusicMan

Post by RC MusicMan »

The configuration program now crashes when I connect and tilt the MW to watch its actions in the program.

It looks like this board is no good. Anyone have any other ideas that might get it going?

Thank you

ditrone

Post by ditrone »

firmware version has to be same as tool. If you are using linux you have to be root or change all kinds of permissions. the screen you posted of config tool shows it not connected.

RC MusicMan

Post by RC MusicMan »

ditrone wrote:firmware version has to be same as tool. If you are using linux you have to be root or change all kinds of permissions. the screen you posted of config tool shows it not connected.

thank you for commenting, I am using windows. I am trying to update the firmware.

RC MusicMan

Post by RC MusicMan »

I figured out that the boot loader was corrupt and a couple hours ago, I repaired it with arduino by using the "burn bootloader" tools option. Now arduino is having issues with the sketches that I have read should work. I would actually like to use something other than arduino to load its firmware.

RC MusicMan

Post by RC MusicMan »

witches brew coo coo chee coo mr Greg wii sumons you to tell witch IDE if not arduiimultwii

and what hex is next