Low Power After Hard Landing

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
kring

Low Power After Hard Landing

Post by kring »

I am new to this sport and have all of 3 minutes total flight time under my belt! :)

Due to my poor flight skills I have had a few hard landings in those 3 minutes. :oops: So far nothing has broken as far as I can tell but one problem I am having is that after a hard landing/crash the quad does not want to take off again. Here are the symptoms:

* After a crash, without unplugging the battery, one or two motors spin slowly or erratically after re-arming. After unplugging the battery and then starting up again, they all seem to spin "normally".
* Upon trying to take off again it only gets off the ground a couple of feet even at "full" throttle.

I'm thinking something is getting messed up with the calibration of the ESC's. After letting the battery sit on the charger a couple of hours and then trying the next day it works fine for a minute and then the same thing happens when I try to land and set it down too hard.

My quad has the following specs:
* 450 mm (f450) frame
* DIY flight controller (Atmega328P + GY-521 IMU on perfboard)
* 2213 935kv motors
* 1045 props
* LHI 30A ESC's
* 11.1V 3S 2200 30C Lipo battery

Total weight is estimated at over 1 kg.

I went through the ESC calibration steps (Uploaded sketch, the motors spun at full speed for a couple of seconds). Then I uploaded the normal sketch.

An additional newbie question if you don't mind...How do you not lose altitude when banking or moving forward? It may be that I am over-correcting and causing these short and violent flights. Perhaps I need to reduce the "responsiveness" of my controls somehow?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

ditrone

Re: Low Power After Hard Landing

Post by ditrone »

When you roll and pitch. Give it some throttle. What flight modes are you using?