flying all crazy and stuff

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
ditrone

flying all crazy and stuff

Post by ditrone »

OK i built 250 multiwii 2.5 fpv quad, learing to fly blahblahblah. anyway tried to build same thing with cc3d, couldn't get board to communicate with any computer. garbage.
got another trusty multiwii and cheapo flysky transmitter...some reason i can't get the machine to go into horizon mode, i clicked all three boxes and did write in gui thinking that defualts it to always on.
gui says it's on but with quad held in hand and tilt left right little while giving it some gas i get no response like gyro's or other sensors are off. seems stuck in acro mode but gui says horizon (or self level or whatever the hell it says). i set end points and can arm motors etc. calibrated sensors in gui.

Kbev5709

Re: flying all crazy and stuff

Post by Kbev5709 »

ditrone wrote: i can't get the machine to go into horizon mode, i clicked all three boxes and did write in gui thinking that defualts it to always on.
Wrong assumption. The Aux boxes in the GUI only allow that mode to be utilized by the FC. The actual switching into the mode is done by assigning a switch on your TX to accomplish that. If you have a 3 position switch on your TX use that one for mode switching. If your cheapo flysky is too cheap to use on a quadcopter, it may not be able to do what you need. Some are. If it is capable of doing the switching then you need to find a YouTube video about assigning that TXs switches.

ditrone wrote:gui says it's on but with quad held in hand and tilt left right little while giving it some gas i get no response like gyro's or other sensors are off.
Until you assign a switch and actually switch into that mode it will be in acro.

After you get it into horizon mode you will need to tune that too but there is tons of stuff right here on the forum on how to do that.

ditrone

Re: flying all crazy and stuff

Post by ditrone »

Cool thanks for the explanation. I actually had another multiwii board and i swapped them out. Flys fine now. I think the first board is damaged.
It was like tilting it while giving a little throttle did nothing as though the gyro was nonexistant. I was mistaking this for being stuck in acro mode.