when do throttle it is yawning to left

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
adamp

when do throttle it is yawning to left

Post by adamp »

Hi guys,
I have a problem with throttle as you can see in attached picture, when I increase a throttle there is not a same value for all motors but 1 and 4 are spinning faster and it causes unstopable yawning to the left.
I tried almost everything, ESC calibration, trim transmitter, edit end points, changing PID etc.
Only thing what helps a little is to decrease PID of YAW to 0, but it totally disable yaw turning direction.

Please help!
Attachments
issue_01.PNG

Kbev5709

Re: when do throttle it is yawning to left

Post by Kbev5709 »

Most yawns are caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain.....wait.....oh I see, you mean YAWING. :shock: :D
Some things that can cause a bad yaw condition.
1.Props on wrong or of different pitches.
2.Transmitter not PROPERLY centered.
3.Poorly designed frame, ie. motor booms not equal.
4.Trying to use a mag that is not properly calibrated.
5.Having the ESC signal wire(s) on the wrong pin(s) on the FC.
6.Using a mag while flying and not having the correct magnetic declination entered in the config.h.
7.Having the following config.h code wrong:
/* NEW: not used anymore for servo coptertypes <== NEEDS FIXING - MOVE TO WIKI */
#define YAW_DIRECTION 1
//#define YAW_DIRECTION -1 // if you want to reverse the yaw correction direction

Some things I see in your GUI screenshot that don't look right.
1.I don't know where your sticks were when you took that shot. If they were all sitting at default center (except the throttle which I hope is throttled down a little) I would say that your TX has not been centered properly. If your pitch/roll stick is untouched and sitting in its default center, having values of 1467 and 1464, that stick is obviously not set up right. Your yaw having a value of 1467 also says that stick is not centered. When your sticks are sitting at default center of their travel, those three readings should all be 1500 (plus or minus 10 due to stick imperfections.) The 1467 reading would be off enough to cause your issue. You said you set this stuff up but if you did, it's still wrong.
2.You have your yaw rate set at 1.00....Why????
3.I see that you are most likely running the quad with the props off while reading the GUI. When you do that it messes with the sensors. They don't have any input so they do strange things to the motor speeds in a static test like you're doing. It is not unusual for motors to wind down and stop when doing these tests and I do not consider this as an accurate method for troubleshooting flight related problems.

adamp

Post by adamp »

You are amazing! Thank you very much! It was caused by values of 1465... When I have 1500 on every value it is perfect like your advice!

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

As long as you use the subtrim and endpoint menus to get the sticks centered you should be ok. If you are relying on the physical trim buttons on the sticks, then recenter those and fix the sticks using subtrim for the middle and endpoints for the upper and lower numbers.