Trouble with arming

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
rsbkh

Trouble with arming

Post by rsbkh »

Hi, I'm running a mw pro ez 3.0 fc with a devo 10 tx and 1002 rx that has the deviation firmware. I think the tx is set up correctly because I seem to get the stick readings in mwconfig. My problem is getting the thing to arm. It won't arm with the yaw stick. I had it arming with using the aux4 channel but I kept having the motors spin up for no reason. It was a bit bizzare. If I throttled up and then down they would stop. I'm really reluctant to put props on it and test fly it in this unpredictable state. Haven't played with PID settings at all yet.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could proceed from here? My frustrations with this board are climbing.

Kbev5709

Re: Trouble with arming

Post by Kbev5709 »

rsbkh wrote:Hi, I'm running a mw pro ez 3.0 fc with a devo 10 tx and 1002 rx that has the deviation firmware. I think the tx is set up correctly because I seem to get the stick readings in mwconfig.
If you haven't actually set up your TX endpoints and mid point yourself, then it is not done correctly. Just getting stick readings is not enough. Setting up your TX is the first step in getting ANY MW board to work right.
rsbkh wrote: My problem is getting the thing to arm. It won't arm with the yaw stick.
I hate to sound like a broken record but this is exactly what happens when you have not centered your TX.
rsbkh wrote: I had it arming with using the aux4 channel but I kept having the motors spin up for no reason. It was a bit bizzare. If I throttled up and then down they would stop. I'm really reluctant to put props on it and test fly it in this unpredictable state. Haven't played with PID settings at all yet.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could proceed from here? My frustrations with this board are climbing.

Go back to this link http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... ners_Guide and read all the sub headings under Beginners Guide. Pay special attention to Basic Code Config, Flight Controller Tuning and Troubleshooting. The very first entry in the Troubleshooting section deals with "Does Not Arm".
The RTFQ Pro3 board is most likely not at fault.
Go back and read other forum posts relating to arming issues in this very topic!!!

rsbkh

Post by rsbkh »

Ok, thought I had everything working when connected to wingui but then when I tried a test flight I can't get the motors to spin up. Had it all working with both wingui and multiwiiconf. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss.

rsbkh

Post by rsbkh »

Finally figured it out. tx was sending values that weren't low enough. I have them set between 1000 and 2000 now and it works just fine. Got it flying, now to tune the PIDs. Wish me luck.