Motors Aren't Arming

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Mitch

Motors Aren't Arming

Post by Mitch »

We are having trouble arming our turnigy micro-x quadcopter running MultiWii 2.3. The red lights on the front are not turning on. When the lights do turn on and we try to arm it they won't go solid.

We know the spektrum DX4 controller is connected because when we move the sticks it shows the outcome on the screen of the multiwii 2.3 config

We also adjusted the minthrottle to see if that would help because the throttle would be lower than what the minimum should have been.

The Spektrum DX4 has two aux channels
Aux 1 is labeled CH5 and has settings 0,1,2 in the MultiWiiCon we can see the levels change 1154, 1578, 1832,
Aux 2 is labeled Arm/Home in the MultiWiiCon we can see the levels change 1155, 1830

LutzB

Re: Motors Aren't Arming

Post by LutzB »

I would bet your sticks are not calibrated to 1000-1500-2000. I think throttle will be around 1150 too in low position. Then MW will not arm. Trim your enpoints to match 1000 in low, 1500 in mid and 2000 in high position as close as possible.

Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I made the minimum throttle 1000, but I don't know how to calibrated the controller.

Mitch

Post by Mitch »

So I recalibrated the DX4 per the instructions.
No change in the end points in the MultiWiiConfig
Changed the MINCommand to 900. The motors started up, but I cann't stop them. They always come on.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Mitch wrote:So I recalibrated the DX4 per the instructions.
No change in the end points in the MultiWiiConfig
Changed the MINCommand to 900. The motors started up, but I cann't stop them. They always come on.

So when you say you can't stop them, do you mean that it won't disarm? Do they stop when told to? (Throttle down and left?) Lets say that they do disarm, but they start spinning every time they are armed. If that is your problem then in your config.h sketch go almost all the way to the bottom and enable your motor stop. It looks like this when enabled.

/**************************************************************************************/
/*********************** motor, servo and other presets ***********************/
/**************************************************************************************/
/* motors will not spin when the throttle command is in low position
this is an alternative method to stop immediately the motors */
#define MOTOR_STOP