Crius AIO stk_500 ISSUE related to using 232 Ttl ftdi cable?

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
fauslyfox110

Crius AIO stk_500 ISSUE related to using 232 Ttl ftdi cable?

Post by fauslyfox110 »

Hello all,

I'm working on my first drone and chose a crius all in one pro v 2.0. I'm looking to flash multiwii 2.5 and I've downloaded all the software and attempted an upload via an ftdi cable I had. I haven't connected any of the escs or anything other than the ftdi cable. I'm having some issues with error messages avrdude: stk500_get sync(): not in sync: resp = 0x00. To be clear I am using the following board:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/US-STOCK-CRIUS-Al ... 1567691349

I've scoured the internet and seen the issues with making sure I have the the right arduinos board selected and port etx but neither solutions seem to be working. I'm wondering if it has to do with the ftdi cable I have? I am using the following cable:

https://www.adafruit.com/products/70

I noticed the pin schematics are a bit different so I was wondering if anyone could confirm that it might be a cable issue? I know everyone else seems to use the ftdi adapter to micro USB cable, but since I had this one lying around I assumed ftdi cables were near universal. Am i off in assuming this? Appreciate the help!

Leo

Re: Crius AIO stk_500 ISSUE related to using 232 Ttl ftdi ca

Post by Leo »

You are wondering correctly because you don't need a FTDI cable to program this board!!

Just use a standard micro USB cable and plug that into the USB socket on the board and the other end to your USB port on the computer.

fauslyfox110

Post by fauslyfox110 »

Hey Leo,

Appreciate the quick response!! So this morning I went ahead and plugged in the CRIUS AIO, (at work so I'm using my mac) and I'm still getting some issues, hopefully y'all can shed some light.

I've been relying on this manual along with videos and forums:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 863X42.pdf

I am using Arduino 1.6.5, attempting to flash Multiwii 2.4 with the micro USB cable as you mentioned. I chose the pro mini board and atmega328, still getting issues on the response stk500_get sync(): not in sync: resp = 0x00. I tried the Mega ADK board too since I read to flash Pirate you would use that. Any ideas what could be the issue?

Leo

Post by Leo »

Check out your own eBay link concerning the board and look at the specs....

Then you should realize what you are doing wrong....

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

That is not an atmega 328, it's an atmega 2560. You are trying to use the wrong board and processor. Choose the arduino mega 2560 instead.

fauslyfox110

Post by fauslyfox110 »

Thanks so looked through the specs and I'm assuming you are referring to the following two specs:

ATMega 2560-16AU Microcontroller
MPU6050 6 axis gyro/accel with Motion Processing Unit

So I changed the board on IDE to Atmega 2560 and got the following message:
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

Took it another step and changed the script board in config.h choice to #define CRIUS_SE_v2_0 // Crius MultiWii SE 2.0 with MPU6050, HMC5883 and BMP085 assuming that maybe thats what the MPU6050 referred to. Attempted an upload using ATmega 2560 and even pro mini just in case. Still getting:

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

I feel I'm getting closer! Any ideas? Did i read your specs response incorrectly? Thank you.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

No, that board definition you used is for a board with a different barometer than yours. You want this one.
//#define CRIUS_AIO_PRO
Are you using the right port?
As a last resort you could always just define your sensors then use the enforce sensor orientation function to get them oriented right.
Your sensors are:
MPU6050 6 axis gyro/accel with Motion Processing Unit
- HMC5883L 3-axis digital magnetometer
- MS5611-01BA01 highprecision altimeter<<<<really a barometer.

So, if you wanted to try that you re comment (disable) the board type, then you go below that and un comment (enable) your gyro/acc combo:
//#define MPU6050 //combo + ACC
Your barometer:
//#define MS561101BA
and your magnetometer:
//#define HMC5883
upload that and it might work.
After doing that you must use your gui and this section:
/* enforce your individual sensor orientation - even overrides board specific defaults */
//#define FORCE_ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.accADC[ROLL] = -X; imu.accADC[PITCH] = -Y; imu.accADC[YAW] = Z;}
//#define FORCE_GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.gyroADC[ROLL] = Y; imu.gyroADC[PITCH] = -X; imu.gyroADC[YAW] =-Z;}
//#define FORCE_MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.magADC[ROLL] = X; imu.magADC[PITCH] = Y; imu.magADC[YAW] =-Z;}
to get things going in the right directions.

fauslyfox110

Post by fauslyfox110 »

I may have to try that. I've tried three versions of Arduino and still nothing. I believe the com ports are right. I checked the macbook's USB SERIAL port number. I will retry it on windows later today as I am more confident of the USB drivers being installed on that computer.

Might this issue be related to the bootloader? And if so is there a proper way to test whether the bootloader is functioning properly? I've been reading on certan forums that the ATmega2560 Crius AIO seem to suffer at times of corrupt or the absense of bootloaders.

Thanks

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

I would really try it on windows.

fauslyfox110

Post by fauslyfox110 »

I gave it a try on windows and still got a failure. Used Arduino IDE 1.0.1 and I got the longest wait time during "uploading" but then i got stk500_v2_getsync(): timout communicating with partner. I did get a "done uploading" sign, but with all the timeouts. Is it possible that the upload occurred? If so how would I test that?

Thank you

Leo

Post by Leo »

Under "Tools" -> "Programmer" you should have "AVRISP mkll" set.