Yaw creep in airplane acro/horizon mode

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
spagoziak

Yaw creep in airplane acro/horizon mode

Post by spagoziak »

Hello folks,

I just installed MW 2.4 into a plane I had laying around; no GPS, just the board (a crius SE v0.2). Things look great on the bench except one thing: While in acro or horizon mode, the rudder will shift all the way to one side (the lower numbered value). This can be corrected by nudging the rudder stick. Then the rudder will begin creeping at a moderate pace to its minimum extent and reach full extension within 15 seconds of the sticks on the transmitter being centered.

This is reminiscent of a steady state error---the plane is sitting on the bench motionless.

It's worth noting that because the plane is so small (skywalker mini), the board is mounted along the port side of the interior. Forward still faces forward, but instead of the arduino & pins facing up, they point toward the starboard side of the plane. I may have to make adjustments to the sensor orientation... but the plane responds correctly to being nudged, so I'm not sure it's in error in that regard.

My board orientation lines in the source are commented still:

Code: Select all

/* enforce your individual sensor orientation - even overrides board specific defaults */
      //#define FORCE_ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {imu.accADC[ROLL]  =  Y; imu.accADC[PITCH]  = -X; imu.accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
      //#define FORCE_GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.gyroADC[ROLL] = -Y; imu.gyroADC[PITCH] =  X; imu.gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
      //#define FORCE_MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {imu.magADC[ROLL]  =  X; imu.magADC[PITCH]  =  Y; imu.magADC[YAW]  = Z;}

/* Board orientation shift */
      /* If you have frame designed only for + mode and you cannot rotate FC phisycally for flying in X mode (or vice versa)
       * you can use one of of this options for virtual sensors rotation by 45 deegres, then set type of multicopter according to flight mode.
       * Check motors order and directions of motors rotation for matching with new front point!  Uncomment only one option! */
      //#define SENSORS_TILT_45DEG_RIGHT        // rotate the FRONT 45 degres clockwise
      //#define SENSORS_TILT_45DEG_LEFT         // rotate the FRONT 45 degres counterclockwise

Here is a screen cap of my config--the right edge seems to be cut off, so if you wanted to see that here's the link :http://imgur.com/vSfHBXF.

Any advice you can provide is very welcome!
spag

PatrikE

Re: Yaw creep in airplane acro/horizon mode

Post by PatrikE »

If you set Yaw-I to zero it will stop.

spagoziak

Re: Yaw creep in airplane acro/horizon mode

Post by spagoziak »

Oh great! I'll do that tonight and report back.

Thanks Patrik!