GPS mission HOW TO

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
CopterFLY

GPS mission HOW TO

Post by CopterFLY »

I'm just learning because new to the copter world.

Please can somebody tell me how to activate a GPS mission once I uploaded to my board throught the WinGUI EOsbandi 2.3 ? :roll:

Do I need to use any AUX channel ??

Any "HOW TO" explanation somewhere ??

Thank you .

Franky

Kbev5709

Re: GPS mission HOW TO

Post by Kbev5709 »

Is your quad mission capable? Does it have a GPS unit on board? Also, to really help you out I will need to know what if you are using 2.4, what FC, and what GPS module are you using if you have one, and how you have your config.h file set up. Yes, you do need to enable it with an aux switch. Actually I have been toying with the idea of making a video about setting up mtk and ublox GPS. Maybe I'll go ahead and do that.

CopterFLY

Post by CopterFLY »

Hi Kbev ,

I have a Multiwii SE v2.5 FC.

I saw these videos on YOUTUBE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJrErUlnJSI, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sExKKzNJVc end this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVw2dcRbgzo.

So I ordered this GPS module from e-bay http://www.ebay.it/itm/2C-GPS-NAV-Module-U-blox-NEO-6-V3-1-GPS-Receiver-for-MWC-MultiWii-SE-Lite-/111722399975?hash=item1a032c88e7:g:Nh8AAOSwPcVVrJy4

At the moment I do not know much about the config.h file setup for using the GPS module.

I'll subscribe if you show us a mini HOW TO step-by-step VIDEO using the nav capabilities of the EOsBandi WinGUI ( I'm running v2.3 downloaded from here http://eosbandi.com/downloads/ ).

Franky

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

For hook up and stuff like that I would just follow along with what Painless 360 says on his vid. Yes, I have that version of the win gui. Are you trying to run multiwii 2.3 with the win gui 2.3 or will you be using multiwii 2.4? If you run 2.4 with it you need to change version number in the multiwii.h file from 2.4 back to 2.3. It is also highly recommended to run multiwii version 2.4 due to the fact that some further development has stabilized the GPS function over multiwii 2.3. It will be a nice day when EOSBandi comes out with win gui version 2.4 (if he is even going to do it....who knows?)

CopterFLY

Post by CopterFLY »

Kbev, I'm running v2.3 because using ver 2.4 gave me errors opening WinGUI .

So you are saying , if I change from 240 to 230 version within the Multiwii.h TAB of the Multiwii.ino it should work with the WinGUI EOsBandi 2.3 ?
Is this what you mean ?

I did'nt know about that trick .

Franky

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Yes, exactly. Open up arduino and go to multiwii.h. Look for version. Change from 240 to 230. Save to FC. Allows you to use GUI version 2.3 with Multiwii version 2.4. There is one drawback. If you use the EZ GUI for Android app,you will not have all the features available in the 2.4 version of that app, as it will read your code and operate under the 2.3 version.

Rantamplan

Post by Rantamplan »

Hi,

I think I have similar problem.

I am new in this world, sorry if I ask for something obvious.

I have installed a Multiwii Ez3 Pro Black edition (http://www.readytoflyquads.com/multiwii ... gps-option). It was preflashed by the supplier (I guess with a 2.3 multiwii version).

I have also a GPS.

When I start the Multiwii Gui 2.3, everything seems to work perfectly, but in the flight-modes list, does not appear MISSION flight-mode.

Also when I draw a mission, and I try to upload to the quad, it does not work.

Should I flash the 2.4 version?

Any help will be apreciated.

Regards

Julio

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Rantamplan wrote:
When I start the Multiwii Gui 2.3, everything seems to work perfectly, but in the flight-modes list, does not appear MISSION flight-mode.

Also when I draw a mission, and I try to upload to the quad, it does not work.

Should I flash the 2.4 version?

You need to enable your mission function in config.h. under #define USE_MSP_WP. Make sure that statement is uncommented as I show it. Yes, you should flash to 2.4, but remember, you will need to set it up again (your config.h) and if you enable your mission function make sure that you have your magnetic declination set to where you will be flying missions on any given day. The 2.4 version has fully working GPS capability.

Rantamplan

Post by Rantamplan »

Hello, I have just tryed to load the multiwii 2.4 in my quad.

First I downloaded the 2.4, opened in Arduino, unchecked :

#define QUADX
#define USE_MSP_WP

I have compiled, and error apeared:

Arduino:1.6.6 (Windows 8.1), Placa:"Arduino/Genuino Uno"
sketch\IMU.cpp: In function 'void getEstimatedAttitude()':
IMU.cpp:212: error: 'GYRO_SCALE' was not declared in this scope
scale = (currentT - previousT) * (GYRO_SCALE * 65536);

exit status 1
'GYRO_SCALE' was not declared in this scope

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Julio

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Rantamplan wrote:I have compiled, and error apeared:
Arduino:1.6.6 (Windows 8.1), Placa:"Arduino/Genuino Uno"
sketch\IMU.cpp: In function 'void getEstimatedAttitude()':
IMU.cpp:212: error: 'GYRO_SCALE' was not declared in this scope
scale = (currentT - previousT) * (GYRO_SCALE * 65536);

exit status 1
'GYRO_SCALE' was not declared in this scope
Any suggestion?

In your config.h sketch boards and sensor definitions combined IMU Boards section you should have:
#define FREEIMUv043 // same as FREEIMUv04 with final MPU6050 (with the right ACC scale)
As your board type.

In your Arduino IDE tools menu, make sure that the "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560" board is selected there.
Try again.