Problems Arming the Motors

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
wlance007

Problems Arming the Motors

Post by wlance007 »

Hey everyone,
I am building my own quad and having some issues. I have looked around the internet and tried to troubleshoot the problem myself. Based on what I have read I think the problem is the position on the controller sticks is not in the threshold for activation. Please let me know if there is something else that might be wrong.

I am using these parts:
MultiWii NanoWii ATmega32U4 flight controller
TURNIGY Plush 6A ESC
Turnigy 1500mAh 2S 25C Lipoly Battery
Spektrum DX6i Transmitter
Spektrum AR600 Receiver

I know my transmitter and receiver are correctly bound because I can plug one of the ESCs directly into the receiver and control the speed with the transmitter. When I use the GUI program for MultiWii and plug in the flight controller I can tip the quadcopter and see the sensors register the change.

Thanks in advance

edsimmons3

Re: Problems Arming the Motors

Post by edsimmons3 »

Hi,

Please make sure you've done the TX setup as per the instructions...

Make sure that the stick values all move for as much of the 1000-2000 range as possible. Check this in the GUI, perhaps without batteries connected just to be safe!

You may need to adjust the 'throw' of the channels in your TX setup. The pitch, roll and yaw must all be centered exactly on 1500 (or as close as you can get it and uncomment #define DEADBAND in config.h and set the value to something to cover your stick midpoint error. Check the sticks return to this midpoint reliably too.

At minimum throttle the value must be less than 1100 and should ideally be very close to 1000, but not lower.

If you have a TX with mechanical stick trims consider sticking them in place if this is practical. We just cut the tabs off a friend's TX because he kept having this sort of issue due to accidentally moved trims. He now uses a key in a notch we filed into the trim levers and never has a problem!

Since you're at this stage of building, make sure your escs are calibrated....

Hope that helps.
Ed