multwii not seeing Walkera Runner - help!!

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Citsade

multwii not seeing Walkera Runner - help!!

Post by Citsade »

Hi, first time here but I couldn't find my issue in some of the more recent forum subjects

I am attempting to use Multiwii to calibrate this erratic quad, I have installed multii 2.4 and 2.2, Arduino, and the drivers. After starting up the controller, quad, and plugging in the UBS - multiwii sees COM5 as an option, but when I choose it and hit Read/Start I get nothing. It's not reading the flight controller. Device manager shows all the ports to be working correctly. The Runner even flahshes the tail lights when I start up multiwii.

Am I missing a step? Is the Quad itself not being recognized by the PC?

Please any help would be appreciated.

Citsade

Re: multwii not seeing Walkera Runner - help!!

Post by Citsade »

Also - I watched videos of people using mywii with the Walkera and they never went into Arduino to choose ports or run config.h - is that something that they did prior but didnt mention?

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

I've never heard of anyone else doing this... I know the Walkera uses a combo FC / RX all-in-one and I really doubt MW works on / with it.

Can you post what / where you read about doing this?

Edit: Ok looked it up, it's not officially supported but it looks possible (tho note, walkera could of found a way to put a stop to this on new models, just keep that in mind).

Anyway I often see people having issues with this... Try multiple times, hit the COM5 button, when it doesnt work hit the "close comms" button then wait 5 sec then hit the COM5 button again, it it still doesnt work hit the close comms button again, try this several times in a row till it works.

If it still doesnt work consider downloading WinGUI (which I prefer and have way less connection problems with)
Last edited by Cereal_Killer on Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Citsade

Post by Citsade »

Man I hope you're wrong about Walkera patching this -

I loaded up the drivers, arduino, multiwii AND now WinGui on both my PC and Laptop - the Walkera is connecting to the PC, when I plug it in it blinks for a bit - and the COM ports are being seen, but when I try to Connect WinGUI it stalls for a bit then tells me to 'Please check if you have selected the right com port.'

I also tried your suggestion of connecting and disconneting the COM port.

I saw it being done on YouTube and I really need to check all the calibration on this quad, its just not flying right and trimming isn't helping.

Citsade

Post by Citsade »

Issue solved - ended up installing the older drivers at 2.10.0 and using 32bit instead of 64bit, not sure why that worked.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Yea the 64b version doesn't work... Should have thought of that.

geidorei

Post by geidorei »

Any other thoughts??? Tried it all - I have the Walkera Runner Advance, have the correct drivers installed all aok (installed previous version as well), clicks when plugged in, tried on Windows Vista, 7 and Win 10. Just nothing, no connection, not a thing.

Could it be true that the latest versions are prevented from being connected to MultiWii? Only had mine a couple of weeks.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.