GPS problem

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
fly4fun6719

GPS problem

Post by fly4fun6719 »

Just completing an installation of a quad using a Multiwii SE version 2.5 using a Crius CN06 GPS and IC2 Nav board.Options I am using on one switch is acro,horizon and headfree,second switch GPS hold and go to home.Options on switch one are working.However when I select GPS hold the quad starts to oscillate.The GPS has been moved away or higher than the flight controller by 2 inches (50 mm) but the problem still exists.
Could somebody please advise me on what else to look at to fix my problem

FengShuiDrone

Re: GPS problem

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

fly4fun6719

Post by fly4fun6719 »

FengShuiDrone wrote:Have you tuned your Alt, Pos, Pos R, and Nav R PIDs? Do you have your Magnetic declination set properly? Is your IC2 GPS enabled in Arduino Config.h sketch? Have you calibrated your mag? Do you have IC2 enabled in the GPS section of your config.h?
Some things to check....

Thank you for the reply FengShuiDrone.Magnetic declination has been set but will recheck,IC2 enabled in config h and mag has been calibrated.The rest has not been done so I shall go ahead and check out your other suggestions.I was working on it being interference.

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Hint: Whatever you do ONLY CHANGE A SINGLE TERM OF A SINGLE PARAMETER AT A TIME!

Seriously...

fly4fun6719

Post by fly4fun6719 »

FengShuiDrone wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to list the IC2 thing twice. Also check your Alt PID. The thing that made me say PIDs was you mentioned that the craft oscillates. That is a clue that the PIDs need some tuning usually. Does it oscillate up and down or in a circular fashion. Up and down will require Alt adjustment. Circular will require adjustment of the other three. Start out with low numbers and increase if needed. Too high settings will make it worse again. Just yesterday I was out in the driveway adjusting the PIDs for my Pos Hold. It had a surprisingly narrow window that all the settings worked together in. It took about ten batteries to really get it dialed in. I've included a little video showing a fairly decent position hold and also the PID settings used to get it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PEM8sp7CrM

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.The oscillations are in a circular motion with the craft sitting in approximately the same spot.I am new to this so what area in the PID would you adjust?

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

fly4fun6719

Post by fly4fun6719 »

FengShuiDrone wrote:Can you post a video of it doing that?

Sorry,having a bit of a hard time getting the video to demonstrate my problem.The weather has not been to kind(to much wind).