Will MultiWii work with this quad

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
anshulsanam

Will MultiWii work with this quad

Post by anshulsanam »

I recently designed a Micro Quadcopter. It uses an ATmega 328 at 16MHZ, and a MPU6050. The method of communication is a Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy module, not a standard RC transmitter and receiver. is about 4.5x4.5cm(Main Body). The main body is the PCB. It is about 4.5x4.5cm.

Another detail is that Bluetooth 4.0/LE does not use serial communication, instead it uses profiles. For the controller I am using a custom application on an Android phone which sends data as a string. An example string is 255,20,15.
the first number is the throttle, the second number is the roll offset, and the last number is the pitch offset. The period at the end marks the end of the string.

So my question is if MultiWii is suitable for this project?

anshulsanam

Re: Will MultiWii work with this quad

Post by anshulsanam »

I've been trying to get the brushed motors working with multiwii, but I am not able to get them to move. I've done everything suggested online. How do I change output.cpp so that it works with brushed motors?

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Multiwii is not sutable for that quad, it simple requires some type of standard receiver input and the BLE Module doesn't provide that.

Can you give us some more details on the quad you have including a pinout of how everything's connected?

anshulsanam

Post by anshulsanam »

I think I figured out PWM for the brushed motors. I uncommented EXT_MOTOR_RANGE and set minthrottle to 1000 and maxthrottle to 2000. The rotors spin, when the quadcopter receives power. I believe multiwii could work with this quad, I could use MSP_SET_RAW_RC in the Multiwii Serial Protocol to send raw RC values over serial. There is a company that sells micro quadcopter that are running multiwii. The company is called flexbot http://www.flexbot.cc/. Here is a link to their github repository https://github.com/HexAirbot/HexNanoMWC_QUAD. They even use a BLE module.
My pins are as follows:

Rear Right --- pin 11
Rear Left --- pin 10
Front Right --- pin 9
Front Left --- pin 3

It isn't exactly, the way Multiwii suggested it, but the pins are the same. My pin mix in the code looks like this
motor[2] = PIDMIX(-1,+1,-1); //REAR_R pin 11
motor[0] = PIDMIX(-1,-1,+1); //FRONT_R pin 9
motor[1] = PIDMIX(+1,+1,+1); //REAR_L pin 10
motor[3] = PIDMIX(+1,-1,-1); //FRONT_L pin 3

The quad uses only a MPU 6050.

anshulsanam

Post by anshulsanam »

I've been trying to get MSP_SET_RAW_RC to work, but I have not gotten any results. I was wondering if anyone knows of any resources?
I have already gone through the wiki, but I still cannot get the Java program to work.

Note: I am trying to incorporate this into my app on android.