Does multiwii auto calibrate ACC on startup? How to stop tha

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
mateusviccari

Does multiwii auto calibrate ACC on startup? How to stop tha

Post by mateusviccari »

Hi there.
I have a Multiwii CRIUS 2.0, and i noticed that every time i power up my quad, the led blinks just like when i calibrate accelerometer.
The problem is, if i need to land to change the battery, sometimes i don't have a flat surface to place the quad and power it up, which, if acc calibrates automatically and the quad is not flat, it will not stabilize correctly.
Is there a way to solve this problem, like stop ACC auto calibration on startup or something like that?

PatrikE

Re: Does multiwii auto calibrate ACC on startup? How to stop

Post by PatrikE »

Acc only calibrates on command.
Gyro calibrates every powerup.

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waltr

Post by waltr »

FengShuiDrone wrote:Yes, the light you are seeing is the gyro calibration confirmation. The gyro automatically calibrates
every time you power up. It has nothing to do with the ACC that you calibrate in the GUI. For that, the craft needs to be level. For the gyro, level doesn't matter but being still does. If for some reason the craft will be moved during power up you can use this.....

************************ continuous gyro calibration ********************/
/* Gyrocalibration will be repeated if copter is moving during calibration. */
//#define GYROCALIBRATIONFAILSAFE
You can uncomment this to keep the gyro working right. Then its always a good idea to reset the baro height to zero by using down and left on the yaw stick and down and centered on the pitch before actually flying.

Correct.
But there is also a Gyro Cal stick command that I use every time I connect a fresh battery to the bottom of my Aercobatic copters.
Connect battery then set the copter down and do the stick command. The LED will do a fast flashy thing then the MWC is good to go.

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waltr

Post by waltr »

Didn't know this is also a Baro reset but that would be due to never using an MWC with a baro.