Trouble with MWC 2.5??

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Duhjoker

Re: Trouble with MWC 2.5??

Post by Duhjoker »

I tried introducing the deadband today it was set at 6 so I used that value. I have no idea if it worked though. IDE said the firmware was loaded but when I hooked it back to MWC.exe my old settings were still where I left them. I set the end points low and high to 1000 & 2000 but the Mid points are still jumping around and can't seem to get the all to 1500.

Still have no (correction) channel 5 function in the MWC.exe

Is there a way to look at the firmware loaded on the FC?

I've been trying to set points on it while armed is this the correct way or do i do it unarmed?

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

The GUI data is all ok, it shouldn't reset unless you make it.

What pins / diagram are you using for your RC inputs? That Rx?

Duhjoker

Post by Duhjoker »

Batt========== s + -
Channel 6===== S + - Aux 2
Channel 5===== S + - Aux 1
Channel 4===== S + - Rudder
Channel 3===== S + - Throttle
Channel 2===== S + - Pitch
Channel 1===== S + - ailerons

It's hooked up the same way it was before I flashed it. I also made a new servo lead for Channel 5 & 6 after they wouldn't show up as being flipped in the GUI. Last night got bored and powered up my quad and tested channel 5 and 6 with a servo. All seems to be fine, just won't work in the GUI.

Duhjoker

Post by Duhjoker »

Waltr came up with this as a solution to my channel 6 problem.

/********************************* Aux 2 Pin ***********************************/
/* possibility to use PIN8 or PIN12 as the AUX2 RC input (only one, not both)
it deactivates in this case the POWER PIN (pin 12) or the BUZZER PIN (pin 8) */
//#define RCAUXPIN8
#define RCAUXPIN12

Except it was RCAUXPIN8

Works fine now.

Duhjoker

Post by Duhjoker »

Last night I went ahead and trimmed all the end and mid points to thier proper numbers and today I got up and tried to fly which was not try but do and it starting to work now. I managed a couple low flights and it just needs some stick trim. But when I arm it the motors spring to life at Low RPMs when throttle stick is in its neutral position. What did I do Now????

Do I need to define motor stop in the firmware?

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Exactly, see how much you've learned!
#define MOTOR_STOP (something like that, you seem to know the line and I'm not at my computer).

If you're just taking it slow that's fine too but if you're looking for a bit of advic- throttle it up at a good rate and climb quickly to about head to chest level; that'll get you up out of your own prop wash and into clean air that'll allow a better (easier to control / more stable) hover.

Now that your her a few general Q's:
Have you flown any multi rotor before?
You do have falsesafe set up? IMO, for initial setup / testing I personally lower the time threashold to 1 sec of lost signal and run it at (minthrottle +100) and only have it run for only 1sec, after I've got it tuned and tested (I do this on each build) then I go back in and set it at appropriate levels for that particular model's weight / prop size / working altitude.

Duhjoker

Post by Duhjoker »

Yep motor stop did the trick. I been doing a lot of reading starting to understand things better. I'm a bit of slow learner.

Yes I sure have. I have plenty experience with my Lishitoys 6052 and a Hubsan X4 H107. i can't do any tricks like tornados but I have pretty good control. I don't really plan on letting it go more than just a few feet away from me and indoors till I acquire the skills to fly this Quad so I an wait on fail safe. Unless I get bored that is.

Having a bit of problem with over stick. I'm used to using more stick to fly with and this guy doesn't take to that to well and it gets away from me. But flight is good. Nice and level and goes up easily. Doesn't seem to have a problem with too much Stick with yaw and pitch. That's pretty slow and easy. Just with Roll forward/backwards/left/right.

I flashed to 2.4 the yesterday and today making corrections and I noticed that the barometer reading on the graph is a lot more stable than 2.2. Even 2.3 was better than 2.2. I haven't tried to use alt hold yet but can't wait.

Now I want to build a brushless Sub-200 for strictly indoors but all the good ones seem to need proprietary motors except the morphite 155 which uses standard 1306 motors. Which is fine but I want one around 120-140mm. Like the LTKR 120mm.

Really thank you for the help. I wouldn't have been able to do this with out you.

Duhjoker

Post by Duhjoker »

I just had a lot of fun. I decided to start it up and trim the ACC to which I did and flew the battery down. I even used the Alt hold and it worked better than I was anticipating it to. I punched it up to 3 feet and locked it and it stayed at 3 feet. A lil dangerous though, must be quick to turn it off when in trouble. But Much more stable control in Horizon. Harder to over stick. Seriously I'm happy!!!!!! Well worth the time and worry!!!!

Thanks also to Fengshuidrone. It took a team.
Last edited by Duhjoker on Mon May 18, 2015 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Duhjoker wrote:Now I want to build a brushless Sub-200 for strictly indoors but all the good ones seem to need proprietary motors except the morphite 155 which uses standard 1306 motors. Which is fine but I want one around 120-140mm. Like the LTKR 120mm...

Me too bro, I really want a LTKR120 but I've gotten on a plane kick recently (multiwii of course) and hate the idea of $25+ (each) tiny little proprietary motors plus the next store-bought multirotor I buy will be the ZippA from BuzzHobbies.

BTW funny you mention you have an L6052, I have one too but I replaced the FC board with that of a ProtoX and run BradWii on it.

Duhjoker

Post by Duhjoker »

one thing I'm really enjoying is the fact that I'm not constantly having to stick the height unlike my other quads. The reason I wanted the Multiwii se was for the Altitude hold so I can learn to do other stuff but I've only turned it on once. It seem to stay at height I want with ease and so much I can actually let go of the stick.