MultiWii F450 clone flips on takeoff

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
crrozario74

MultiWii F450 clone flips on takeoff

Post by crrozario74 »

My project quad has:

F450 knockoff frame with power distribution board
Orange A2212/13T 1000KV outrunners
Yellow 30A Brushless ESCs
Generic Multiwii SE 2.5
2250mAh Li-Po 3 cell 11.1V 35C battery
Fly Sky FS-T6 radio and receiver

I chose the MultiWii based on the onboard sensors and modular upgradeability. I want it to run as listed above and I need a clear understanding of the programming and configuration before adding anything.

I started learning and downloading software and watching videos before anything arrived. When the flight controller arrived I examined it and it's the same as the CRIUS MultiWii SE 2.5 in all but badging. I started trying to upload the firmware with all the little details undeleted properly. I had to use 3 different computers until I found one that would connect to the device, flash cleanly and on which the MultiWii Config software would run. On one computer I couldn't find the device, one wouldn't run the config GUI at all, one did all three but I didn't know how to use the GUI so I thought it didn't. I ended up using an old laptop with Linux Mint on it, this works great.

I got it to flash, calibrated the MAG and the Accelerometers, and installed it in the quad. I hooked it all back up and watched the little graphic rotate and twist on the screen. Next in my mind was motor direction, it armed fine and I got all the motors oriented....good to go. Next I couldn't get it to arm again, ended up changing a sub trim in the remote, now it arms and disarms well. The motors were erratic so I did some research and read about programing the ESCs. Pulled all the wires from the RX and connected each ESC to the throttle channel and got the ESCs set to my throttle......No MultiWii in between! The motors run much smoother now. Took my quad out to the ranch where it's wide open, turns out I could have flipped the whole thing over in my kitchen (JK).

What am I missing? I imagine there is a motor calibration I missed. Where would I look for what I'm missing?

waltr

Re: MultiWii F450 clone flips on takeoff

Post by waltr »

Did you properly setup the Radio's Stick End Point and center values?

See the MultiWii WIKI.