Calibration at startup

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
jaysonragasa

Calibration at startup

Post by jaysonragasa »

:D Hi,

I'm a MultiWii user from version 2.3 to current - 2.4. I am using RCTimer CRIUS v2 AIOP board.

My question is, how do yo disable calibration at startup? I am not sure if the ACC or GYRO is being calibrated but I am pretty sure, must be one of these sensors are being calibrated at startup.

I've been in 2.3 for a some time and one thing I always notice, the ACC or GYRO getting calibrated everytime I plug in the battery which sucks. I usually calibrate my quad in GUI and my quad is on top of my phone with a bubble level application.

Now I just moved to 2.4 last night after reviewing it has IMU and BARO performance so I thought it will be a great update.

Why I said the ACC or GYRO was calibrated? Today, I made a test. I usually plug the battery with the quad flat on the ground, but what I done today is I tilted the quad a little, about 10degrees to the left on roll or so then waited for to finish the startup then place it on the ground. Please note that before doing this, I calibrated my quad on GUI and placing it on top of my phone with a bubble level application. Now, after arming, throttle up, and the quad drifted on left side.

Kind Regards to everyone.

- Jay

jaysonragasa

Re: Calibration at startup

Post by jaysonragasa »

Please also note that my quad does not have any drift issues when perfectly ACC calibrated on GUI and using the bubble level application just to make sure it is perfectly flat.

oh and I'm using miniquad by the way.

cossack

Post by cossack »

ACC is calibrated in GUI and GYRO is calibrated at startup. ACC is level. GYRO is speed of rotation.

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

cossack wrote:ACC is calibrated in GUI and GYRO is calibrated at startup. ACC is level. GYRO is speed of rotation.

Hi, just an reinforcement, you only need to calibrate the ACC once.