mild settings for flip 3.5 mega from RTFQ

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
flynfred

mild settings for flip 3.5 mega from RTFQ

Post by flynfred »

I have a flip3.5mega board from ready to fly quads for a HK fpv260 mini quad and its way to sensitive on the sticks almost uncontrolable, I have the expo set to 80 in wingui and I have to use dual rates at 50 % in the radio to be able to control this even the throttle is super sensitive, I am using emax 1806 motors6x4 props, 3cell bat and its a rocket , how can I tone this down so a beginner can fly this, I tried using default settings but its still uncontrollable without lots of expo and dual rates

waltr

Re: mild settings for flip 3.5 mega from RTFQ

Post by waltr »

Decrease the RC Rate (acts like Dual rate), maybe about 0.9 or less.
Also drop the R/P rate to less than 0.1
RC Expo at about 0.6.

Other than that you just need to Practice, practice, practice.

flynfred

Post by flynfred »

Thanks for the reply, I have flown a kk2.0 in acro and a apm board, and also a naza lite, all have been scratch built ,quads and tricopters even a vtail and have had no problems like this , I just have not figured out how to adjust the perams yet, I have been reading and watching utube vids but know one is Listing mild pid settings, I have been wanting to build some minis for a small backyard and inside a garage flying

waltr

Post by waltr »

Did you adjust Rates/Expos?
For PIDs you just need to fly, adjust one value, fly again, repeat. No easy way to do this and there are NO 'easy' settings of the PIDs since every copter is different and requires different PIDs as well as pilot preference which also results in different PIDs.

flynfred

Post by flynfred »

yes I did adj the expo and rates, I can fly this but it is just so touchy,its like the expo is not working, I will keep at it till I can get it tamed down, thanks for the replys