2.3 error in GPS.cpp (serialGpsPrint) Can't init MTK

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
vtpete

2.3 error in GPS.cpp (serialGpsPrint) Can't init MTK

Post by vtpete »

When trying to compile the 2.3 MultiWii code, you have the options of defining: (#define INIT_MTK_GPS)
I'd like to do this in order to use the BAUD of 57600 rather than the default of 115200.

But, there is a compile time error in the code that seems to be well known. But, I can't find a solution on the 'net.
Some people say to go back to Arduino 1.0.5, but it doesn't have support for my MultiWii Pro board.

The error is below. Before I start to dig into the code, is there a known solution?
-Pete
Error:

GPS.cpp:243:23: error: variable or field 'SerialGpsPrint' declared void
void SerialGpsPrint(prog_char* str) {
^
GPS.cpp:243:23: error: 'prog_char' was not declared in this scope
GPS.cpp:243:34: error: 'str' was not declared in this scope
void SerialGpsPrint(prog_char* str) {
^

QuadBow

Re: 2.3 error in GPS.cpp (serialGpsPrint) Can't init MTK

Post by QuadBow »

vtpete wrote:void SerialGpsPrint(prog_char* str) {

The error message you provided differ a bit from the original code shown below:

Code: Select all

void SerialGpsPrint(const char PROGMEM * str) {

Are you shure that you got a clean MW 2.3 distribution?

vtpete

Re: 2.3 error in GPS.cpp (serialGpsPrint) Can't init MTK

Post by vtpete »

Wow, thanks, QuadBow. I was *so sure* that I had been working on a fresh copy of 2.3. But, after your post, I downloaded a fresh copy and just as you say, it's fine. Hey, I really appreciate you spending your time to help me out! And, I apologize for not checking that myself.

I *believe* that what I did was to start with the Hobby King website. I had copied some of the code that people had posted with "WORKING" on it. At the time, I honestly didn't even know that MultiWii should be downloaded from the code.google site.

Thanks again!
-Pete