HK multiwiipro w/gps gps issues

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
twobit

HK multiwiipro w/gps gps issues

Post by twobit »

hello, recently bought the multiwiipro w/gps combo from HK. First time i plug the board in and start the GUI it works great! link with 8 satellites inside my house almost instantly. I download the 2.3 config and set it up for my specifics and now it fly's well, but I have no gps links. and when i engage horizon + Baro hold the copter just shoots for the sky and i have to shut it down.

#define GPS_SERIAL 2
#define GPS_BAUD 115200

I am familiar with arduino programming. I have to be missing something in the config.

QuadBow

Re: HK multiwiipro w/gps gps issues

Post by QuadBow »

What is HK's advice? There should be a manual describing what to declare in config.h!

twobit

Post by twobit »

they say to uncomment the above posted statements.. tried several variations without success. and apparently 2.3 is different then the 2.2< examples i am finding.

twobit

Post by twobit »

so i reuploaded several times with the same config.. and it starts working... hmm.. dunno

vtpete

Post by vtpete »

Hi,
Did you ever figure out why it started working? I'm having the same issue.
-Pete

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

vtpete wrote:...and it starts working...

Fine! Nevertheless I recommend to go back to 57600 baud, since that's fast enough and the failure rate is much lower than at 115k.

vtpete

Post by vtpete »

Interesting....
I've found that I can get it to work consistently if I run the sketch (upload the firmware) when I have full battery power coming to the board rather than just USB power. I've now loaded the 2.3 and 2.4 versions of MultiWii fine. It looks like I may have a power issue causing my odd behavior. Otherwise, I think it's fine again now.

I'm trying the 2.4 because it gives me the option of staying at the current altitude when return to home is activated. I can't find a decent description of the improvements between 2.3 and 2.4 with regards to this. How does return to home work in 2.3 anyway?

Lastly, I also can't find a good definition of "AP_MODE". (What's a "deadspan"?)

But, I can't wait to try it now!
-Pete

speedactyl

Post by speedactyl »

Hi Guys also need help on this Multiwii Pro similar to the Hobbking unit with a Ublox GPS unit.
I got the the auto Level and manual stability fling right .
the Problem is on Alt/Baro Hold the thing YO-Yo nearly 1 meter and worst is on rare occasion it just drop out of the sky.
than on GPS hold it went side ways to the West.

need some idea on PID settings for those function , my quad is 450 in size
AUW of 1.3Kg
950kv motor 10x45 props

thanks

my RTH is fly out turn around and crash to my self.....