Crius v2.5 Setup Motors don't engage

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
mastaan

Crius v2.5 Setup Motors don't engage

Post by mastaan »

Hi,

I bought this kit from ebay, and everything works nicely, except my motors are not arming and spinning. Is there any way to check if I am actually arming?

In the Multiwii_2.3 config,h file, I un-commented the following
#define QUADX
#define CRIUS_SE_v2_0

changed
#define MINTHROTTLE 1000
#define MAXTHROTTLE 1943

I cannot run the MultiWiiConf.exe file in the folder it gives me an error("C:\programdata\oracle\java\javapath\javaw.exe" Unspecified Error). So I downloaded WinGUI_2.2 and it runs nicely, and I can connect to it look at all my sensor values on the graph and the inputs from the receiver throttle, yaw, roll, and pitch.

When I start the controller, there is a constant green led on, and a blue flashing led, when I move the throttle down and to the right corner, the blue led flashes slower for a bit and then goes back to flashing normally.

I also plugged in the ESCs individually one at a time to channel 3 of the receiver, and the motors spin perfectly no problem.

Thank you for reading.

QuadBow

Re: Crius v2.5 Setup Motors don't engage

Post by QuadBow »

mastaan wrote:I bought this kit from ebay, and everything works nicely, except my motors are not arming and spinning.

I would not name that behaviour "everthing works nicely"... But: what configuration has been recommended in the manual provided by your dealer?

mastaan

Post by mastaan »

There is no manual provided by the dealer, there is a CD but I don't have a CD-Rom drive.

mastaan

Post by mastaan »

So I made it work, I didnt calibrate the sensors thats why they weren't arming. But now it arms and the copter hovers up and it floats backward and is not stable.... Is there a way to hold position and be stable.

I am scared to fly it outside I feel like it will crash. First time flying a quadcopter so any recommendations would be great thank you

waltr

Post by waltr »

Go read the MultiWii Wiki to learn how to properly setup and trim (look up the ACC TRIM stick command).

You will also need to tune the PIDs, Rates and Expo.
Copters crash and crashing is part of learning how to fly.

mastaan

Post by mastaan »

waltr wrote:Go read the MultiWii Wiki to learn how to properly setup and trim (look up the ACC TRIM stick command).

You will also need to tune the PIDs, Rates and Expo.
Copters crash and crashing is part of learning how to fly.

Thank you walktr,

I was having problems with the motors not spinning at the same time and throttle had to be moved to half point before it started moving, so I went calibrated the ESCs with Min at 1100 and Max at 1918, those were the values I saw on the GUI when I moved the throttle up and down. Now they arm, and rotate at the same time with full power.

I am confused at this point, I was reading the beginner Wiki, the First flight test section(http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php?title=Multiwii_Beginners_Guide_to_Basic_First_Flight), and it says "With all sensors calibrated correctly and mag declination set"; what does mag declination set mean?

Next it says "Note any variations in Roll and Pitch axis, if the differences are contain, trim the axis in question." What does contain in here mean? At this point, do I use the radio controller to trim it or trim it using the PID values in the GUI?

Should I enable Horizon mode and then try to make it stable? I have connected channel 5 to auxiliary 1 input and configured to enable horizon mode with the switch high.

Thank you for your help.

waltr

Post by waltr »

"With all sensors calibrated correctly and mag declination set"; what does mag declination set mean?

Mag declination is the difference of Magnetic North from True North. Look this up on Wikipdeia and then Goggle for a Mag Dec map for your location. Note: this is onle needed if you use any of the lfight modes that need the Magnetometer.
Next it says "Note any variations in Roll and Pitch axis, if the differences are contain, trim the axis in question." What does contain in here mean? At this point, do I use the radio controller to trim it or trim it using the PID values in the GUI?

Yes, use the TX's trim tabs since the auto-level modes are off which means it is in ARCO (rate or Gyro only) mode.
Should I enable Horizon mode and then try to make it stable? I have connected channel 5 to auxiliary 1 input and configured to enable horizon mode with the switch high

Only after adjusting the trim tabs in Arco mode. Then enable Horizon mode with the Aux switch. If the copter drifts then land, disarm and use the ACC TRIM stick command to counter the drift. Repeat under it holds level with very little drift.

You may need to tune PIDs to get the above trims working well and stable.
All this is very difficult for a beginner since you are also still learning how to fly.
You will spend a good amount of time going back and forth among these flight modes, trimming and tuning. Just keep at it.
Good luck and have fun.

crrozario74

Post by crrozario74 »

I am having issues with a flip upon takeoff and I think the steps listed above will solve my problems. What Motors and ECSs are you using? Is this max PID value an actual RPM value? Where would I find my max RPM value if needed?

waltr

Post by waltr »

crrozario74 wrote:I am having issues with a flip upon takeoff and I think the steps listed above will solve my problems. What Motors and ECSs are you using? Is this max PID value an actual RPM value? Where would I find my max RPM value if needed?

If it flips when attempting to take off then re-check everything against the docs for the board you are using:
motors turning correct direction
correct props
motors/escs plugged into the correct MWC pins
MWC mounted in the correct oreintation
Read the MultiWii Wiki.

None of the values seen in MW or your radio are RPMs. You need to use a Tachometer to measure RPM.