3dr RSSI & battery level

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
drewintoledo

3dr RSSI & battery level

Post by drewintoledo »

Hello world!

I'm new to the MultiWii system and ordered a "preconfigured" unit from readytoflyquads. The unit has been ordered with the 3dr telemetry device. I found that it's definitely not ready to fly! For example, the GPS didn't work in WinGUI until I decided to change the baud from 115000 to 57600. By luck, it worked.
I was able to connect the 3dr via 900MHz and it is updating the waypoint, elevation, etc.
The problem I am having is that I am not receiving RSSI and battery voltage information. From the research I have done, it appears that I need to un-comment the dummylcd and other lines, but nothing seems to work.
So can anyone tell me why I'm not receiving these components?
I'm not home at the moment so I can't show what lines I un-commented at the moment.
I know this is vague, but thought it might be worth a shot.

Commando

Re: 3dr RSSI & battery level

Post by Commando »

whats is your Flight Controller (FC)? for voltage you have to create the "sensor" with some resistors.
About RSSI im looking that too...

Cereal_Killer

Re: 3dr RSSI & battery level

Post by Cereal_Killer »

You cant get RSSI info out of a 3DR radio... You may be able to see RSSI info from the radio when hooked to the tower app (the APM app) but APM doesnt speak RSSI and there is no physical RSSI output on the 3DR radios. Multiwii can do RSSI only from an RSSI enabled rx (such as a FrSky D4R-ii)

As far as battery monitoring. First you need to have vbat defined in the config.h, then you need to have a direct batt+ input to the voltage divider of the board, then it sends the battery voltage back with the MSP data.