HK MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module

This forum is dedicated to all issues and questions related to your individual setups and configurations
Sidneyki

HK MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module

Post by Sidneyki »

Hello,

I am having an issue with seeing the inputs from my radio in the WinGui software.
The first board I had I had the same problem and hk wanted to test it. they determine that it was bad and sent me a replacement.
I'm having the same issue were I can not get the multiwii to show it is receiving my radio inputs.
The sensors are working when I move the board.

This is my first quad setup with MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module

I like to have setup alt hold and rth

I have a spektrum dx6i with a lemon feather lite DSM2 receiver.

not sure if my sketch is setup correctly. I will attach it to this post.

Also need help with assigning the flight modes "rth", "alt hold" to my switched on the spektrum dx61.

Thanks in advance
Sidney
Attachments
MultiWii_Sketch.rar
sketch
(149.47 KiB) Downloaded 287 times

brewski

Re: HK MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module

Post by brewski »

Sidneyki wrote:Hello,

I am having an issue with seeing the inputs from my radio in the WinGui software.
The first board I had I had the same problem and hk wanted to test it. they determine that it was bad and sent me a replacement.
I'm having the same issue were I can not get the multiwii to show it is receiving my radio inputs.
The sensors are working when I move the board.

This is my first quad setup with MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module

I like to have setup alt hold and rth

I have a spektrum dx6i with a lemon feather lite DSM2 receiver.

not sure if my sketch is setup correctly. I will attach it to this post.

Also need help with assigning the flight modes "rth", "alt hold" to my switched on the spektrum dx61.

Thanks in advance
Sidney

1. Control. The problem with no control is probably because you have PPM defined. Comment PPM out & run separate control & aux lines. You can always enable PPM later if you are certain your RX supports this.
2. Board. I'm not sure if you have correct board defined. The HK MW Pro uses old technology. I would look at the spec sheet & define individual sensors in Config.h.
3. GPS. You have 4800 baud set but I don't think this will be what the MTK is set to. Try 38,400. I have never used MTK but read somewhere that the Init MTK line actually programs the GPS every time you boot. You also have Gyro filter set for MPU6050 where your Gyro is an ITG3200. I use 42Hz & it works well with my setup.
Search this forum as well as RCGroups using board description & you will see many issues with this combo. Some have got them to work but many have just returned them for refund. I wouldn't use them in a good build as performance can be highly variable due to the old technology used. I use & recommend Crius AIOP V2 (or 2.1) with UBlox 6M & external mag board. These boards use the latest in sensor technology & give reliability as well as repeatability in flying experience with highly accurate GPS.

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

Where have you bought your equipment?
What does the manual say?
What does your dealer say?

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

The correct board to pick in tools is "Arduino Mega 2560 or mega ADK". I personally used the board in question and your Alt. Hold function will only be good to within about 5 or 6 feet either way (+/- 6') and the MTK GPS is not really good for much. In your Arduino there are two places to set your baud speed. The first one, your serial interface (serial 2 in your boards case) needs to be set at 115200. Further down in your GPS section you need to uncomment the statement //#define GPS_SERIAL 2, to make it #define GPS_SERIAL 2. Next is your //#define GPS_BAUD statement. Make it look like #define GPS_BAUD 57600. Try your speed at 57,600. Mine worked that way. When your first upload your Arduino sketch you want to make your //#define INIT_MTK_GPS without the comment. That is it will look like this after uncommenting #define INIT_MTK_GPS. Upload the sketch with this uncommented. Then after the upload is done, go back and re-comment this line and uncomment //#define NMEA so the two forward slashes are gone and it looks like this #define NMEA. Now, upload this sketch. :o :shock: :geek: :mrgreen:
Quad Bow. He bought his FC from HK (Hobby King) which posts a version of the manual on their international listing in the files section. The dealer is hard to deal with, HK having a reputation for poor customer service.

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

Hi FengShuiDrone,
I really share your opinion: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6036&p=60895#p60895
That was the reason for my teasing question.

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

:mrgreen: Sorry Quadbow, my fault, I totally missed the sarcasm. :roll: :lol:

Sidneyki

Post by Sidneyki »

FengShuiDrone wrote:The correct board to pick in tools is "Arduino Mega 2560 or mega ADK". I personally used the board in question and your Alt. Hold function will only be good to within about 5 or 6 feet either way (+/- 6') and the MTK GPS is not really good for much. In your Arduino there are two places to set your baud speed. The first one, your serial interface (serial 2 in your boards case) needs to be set at 115200. Further down in your GPS section you need to uncomment the statement //#define GPS_SERIAL 2, to make it #define GPS_SERIAL 2. Next is your //#define GPS_BAUD statement. Make it look like #define GPS_BAUD 57600. Try your speed at 57,600. Mine worked that way. When your first upload your Arduino sketch you want to make your //#define INIT_MTK_GPS without the comment. That is it will look like this after uncommenting #define INIT_MTK_GPS. Upload the sketch with this uncommented. Then after the upload is done, go back and re-comment this line and uncomment //#define NMEA so the two forward slashes are gone and it looks like this #define NMEA. Now, upload this sketch. :o :shock: :geek: :mrgreen:
Quad Bow. He bought his FC from HK (Hobby King) which posts a version of the manual on their international listing in the files section. The dealer is hard to deal with, HK having a reputation for poor customer service.

I have set all the setting you suggested but it has the same issue.
All the sensor work including the gps but not able to get the receive to respond from the radio inputs.
I do get a link light on the receiver when the radio is one.
In the WiiGui is will not show, roll, al, rudder ect,..

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

@ FengShuiDrone: No problem

@ Sidneyki: How have you connected your receiver to your flight controller? What about your config.h? I suggest to post it.

air_n_water

Post by air_n_water »

@Sidneyki
I have the same FC and GPS and though it took me a while to get it setup, I now have POSHOLD, RTH, Auto-LAND and a failsafe that does RTH. I am using a Spektrum DX7 with a Orange 7 CH RX. I have it setup using arduino-1.5.7-windows, MultiWii2_3-navi-b7-latest for the sketch, and WinGUI_2.3pre10b71-latest for the GUI.

If you would like I can send you the files.

Zviki

Post by Zviki »

air_n_water wrote:@Sidneyki
I have the same FC and GPS and though it took me a while to get it setup, I now have POSHOLD, RTH, Auto-LAND and a failsafe that does RTH. I am using a Spektrum DX7 with a Orange 7 CH RX. I have it setup using arduino-1.5.7-windows, MultiWii2_3-navi-b7-latest for the sketch, and WinGUI_2.3pre10b71-latest for the GUI.

If you would like I can send you the files.

Hi. I know that this is almost a year and half old post I have identical problem. I can't get receiver to work. Can you provide me a sketch file please? Of course if you still have it...